Classics Discussion: Snoop Dogg

Which of these Snoop Dogg albums are classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ppl are seriously underestimating NL Top Dogg

That album had anthems (B Please, Down 4 My N's), influence (back to the roots Westcoast, shortly before Dre's huge return) and dope cuts (Don't Trust Me, Heat Goes Boom, Just Dippin', Bussn Rocks, Don't Tell...)

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I started out kinda salty that every voted NO for No Limit Top Dog...

BUT THEN....

I saw everyone voted NO for R&G :damn: :dahell:

thats a classic record brehs...i wish yall were able to experience that like the rest of us.

Breh, i love that record.

That album come out when I first met my wife too ..... fresh pair of panties was the jam good lord :wow:

Ups & Downs, Perfect, Can you control your hoe:ohlawd:

My personal thoughts aside, I don't think I could justify it being a classic in hip hop :yeshrug:. But i don't care:blessed:

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
What do you guys think prevented Snoop from getting more classics down the line?

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you guys think prevented Snoop from getting more classics down the line?

Snoop has classic songs in his catalogue, throughout his career.

Not many have more than one classic album, that is hard to do.

Ultimately, I'd probably have to say not having Dre (Daz :lolbron:) produce a whole album for him again. It's one of the GOAT MC/producer duo's and i think if this happened, Snoop would have had another classic during this period.

Side note: I'm very much a fan of the direction he is going now, he has the charisma and voice for it. 7 Days of Funk and Bush are fire.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Snoop has classic songs in his catalogue, throughout his career.

Not many have more than one classic album, that is hard to do.

Ultimately, I'd probably have to say not having Dre (Daz :lolbron:) produce a whole album for him again. It's one of the GOAT MC/producer duo's and i think if this happened, Snoop would have had another classic during this period.

Side note: I'm very much a fan of the direction he is going now, he has the charisma and voice for it. 7 Days of Funk and Bush are fire.

yeah he's still holding it down, and I think his rap style is made for the long run tbh, so it's great to see he hasn't lost a step at least lyrically. But you're not gonna get back that old school ferocity and energy and Dre's beats and what have you.

A classic is often captured in time anyway, it's not like you're guaranteed one every time you step to the mic.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
There's not even one remotely good track on this album

They're all top tier, even the lesser known and appreciated ones like Pump Pump. Just such an adventure from start to end.

What are everyone's top 3 tracks on the LP?

- Murder was the Case
- Tha Shiznit
- Doggy Dog World (best song)
Doggy Dogg World (which is my favorite Snoop song period)
Tha Shiznit
Gz Up Hoes Down

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Doggystyle is definitely Snoops lone classic, but I don't think some of his other albums get enough love. Top Dogg No Limit and the Last Meal are very good albums and Paid the Cost is underrated. R & G has a few gems as well.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I consider Doggystyle a classic. Tha Last Meal to be very close, also No Limit Top Dogg and Paid Tha Cost... to be very solid.

1st half of Blue Carpet Treatment is prolly my favorite Snoop material, but the album takes a nosedive halfway thru unfortunately

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
snoop's in my book for better or for worse the most iconic figure in hip hop history and without a doubt the most diverse, nobody can do everything like snoop does
i also think his albums are way too long his fat trimming skills arent great
he only gets doggystyle as a classic, but what a legend uncle snoop is...