CM Punk reportedly not satisfied with AEW

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
going down the list of WWE guys that are now in AEW and their supposed character changes

Andrade - no real difference except now he doesn't have a hot female manager
Adam Cole - same but even worse physique
Ari Daivari - same character
Daniel Bryan - no real difference even down to the concussions
Buddy Murphy - went from Seth's cult member to Malakai's cult member
Cesaro - no difference
Jeff Hardy - went from suspected druggie to confirmed druggie
Keith Lee - same as he was in NXT but in worse shape
Fish & O'Reilly - same
Malakai Black - same as he was in NXT but has lackeys now
Pac - left WWE as a heel and now he's a heel who's cool with Mexicans
Swerve - doesn't rap now and traded in a fat friend for a more talented fat friend
Rusev - I'll give you that one, instead of being a cuck or a jolly foreigner he's a serious heel who cuts rambling promos

wow looks like Tony has really given them all such major character makeovers

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
going down the list of WWE guys that are now in AEW and their supposed character changes

Andrade - no real difference except now he doesn't have a hot female manager
Adam Cole - same but even worse physique
Ari Daivari - same character
Daniel Bryan - no real difference even down to the concussions
Buddy Murphy - went from Seth's cult member to Malakai's cult member
Cesaro - no difference
Jeff Hardy - went from suspected druggie to confirmed druggie
Keith Lee - same as he was in NXT but in worse shape
Fish & O'Reilly - same
Malakai Black - same as he was in NXT but has lackeys now
Pac - left WWE as a heel and now he's a heel who's cool with Mexicans
Swerve - doesn't rap now and traded in a fat friend for a more talented fat friend

wow looks like Tony has really given them all such major character makeovers
So? It's working for him. Why change it?

You the type of guy who would take over Pepsi and green light Pepsi Clear or take over Coke and green light New Coke because it's something different when the main product is already working.

And what did WWE do with these guys? Many of them were using the same character they had in the indies. Wow what great character makeovers.

Cody using the same character in WWE that he used in AEW. Such an impressive character makeover.

Matt Riddle and Kevin Owens using the same character they did in the indies. Just impeccable character makeovers there.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
So? It's working for him. Why change it?

You the type of guy who would take over Pepsi and green light Pepsi Clear or take over Coke and green light New Coke because it's something different when the main product is already working.

he said all the WWE fans want to see the ex WWE guys back but with their AEW characters and I'm pointing out that they don't have "AEW characters" they are just the same guys as before

just saw your edit, yes I agree Triple H was just signing guys from the indies for internet buzz and not actually giving them characters or gimmicks, that's one of the reasons why people stopped fukking with the black and gold brand by the end. Prime NXT had people getting completely different characters; Bayley was a different character than she was on the indies, Sami Zayn was nothing like El Generico etc

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Why did your former homie want FTR to come back so bad? Why not The Revival? Every WWE guy I see WWE fans want back as the AEW character with WWE presentation like Cody. Tony gets credit for the character
Tony DOES NOT get credit for no damn FTR :heh:

That shyt started as an inside joke by Cody & The Bucks like 2 years before FTR even left WWE and they’re the same exact guys, Just changed their name.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Random rant, but I feel something AEW could benefit from is assuming the audience is stupid and NEED to be reminded of whats going on all the time.. because in many cases we do

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not a weekly watcher of AEW or WWE. I might catch every televised show one month, then completely tune out for 2 or 3 weeks because I'm busy with other shyt.. I've noticed that when this happens, WWE is a much easier to digest when picking back up. They'll beat me over the head with recaps and packages (for better or for worse) and commentary will do what's necessary to spoon feed me everything I've missed, need to know, and why I should be interested in whatever is happening on the screen. AEW is tougher when it comes to that and It's hard to stay interested after I've missed a string of shows. They assume every viewer is savvy, and I'm sure the majority are.. but they should assume that segments of fans out there don't watch every week and aren't necessarily following AAA, ROH, and New Japan etc. it's their job to keep us interested and up to date with shyt

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
he said all the WWE fans want to see the ex WWE guys back but with their AEW characters and I'm pointing out that they don't have "AEW characters" they are just the same guys as before

just saw your edit, yes I agree Triple H was just signing guys from the indies for internet buzz and not actually giving them characters or gimmicks, that's one of the reasons why people stopped fukking with the black and gold brand by the end
And once again, what is wrong with that? IT’S WORKING.

Why do you want to change something when it’s working? That’s just changing something to change it, which is asinine.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Random rant, but I feel something AEW could benefit from is assuming the audience is stupid and NEED to be reminded of whats going on all the time.. because in many cases we do

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not a weekly watcher of AEW or WWE. I might catch every televised show one month, then completely tune out for 2 or 3 weeks because I'm busy with other shyt.. I've noticed that when this happens, WWE is a much easier to digest when picking back up. They'll beat me over the head with recaps and packages (for better or for worse) and commentary will do what's necessary to spoon feed me everything I've missed, need to know, and why I should be interested in whatever is happening on the screen. AEW is tougher when it comes to that and It's hard to stay interested after I've missed a string of shows. They assume every viewer is savvy, and I'm sure the majority are.. but they should assume that segments of fans out there don't watch every week and aren't necessarily following AAA, ROH, and New Japan etc. it's their job to keep us interested and up to date with shyt
They don’t have enough TV time to fill it with recaps and packages. They do that on their YouTube and largely save the TV shows for new content.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
And once again, what is wrong with that? IT’S WORKING.

Why do you want to change something when it’s working? That’s just changing something to change it, which is asinine.

working? Barely ever cracking a mill anymore and no longer even pretending they are gonna threaten WWE, if that's considered working then :patrice:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
working? Barely ever cracking a mill anymore and no longer even pretending they are gonna threaten WWE, if that's considered working then :patrice:
If you want to keep moving the goal posts every time you get proven wrong…

#1 or #2 on Wednesday nights basically every week when they are only three years old is pretty good.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
They don’t have enough TV time to fill it with recaps and packages. They do that on their YouTube and largely save the TV shows for new content.

you don't think 3 hours of TV is enough. TNA was able to do it with less time than that.

if the AAA tag titles is being defended on Dynamite, it takes like 90 seconds to give a video package rundown of what those titles are, which notable teams have held them and why they are being defended in the US soil right now...

that's literally so easy to do..

Again, some of us aren't savvy to all this shyt. We aren't watching being the elite youtube videos and shyt.. we shouldn't have to research a show before we watch it. It's there job to tell us

:manny:

But again, that's just me. Just giving ya my experience as someone that isn't always tapped in with this wrestling shyt on a weekly basis. A lot of us are in and out.. I personally feel AEW could benefit in the long run from a minor adjustment like that. You don't have to book for casuals but at least make your product casual friendly if the goal is growth and creating new fans out of first time or part time viewers.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
you don't think 3 hours of TV is enough. TNA was able to do it with less time than that.

if the AAA tag titles is being defended on Dynamite, it takes like 90 seconds to give a video package rundown of what those titles are, which notable teams have held them and why they are being defended in the US soil right now...

that's literally so easy to do..

Again, some of us aren't savvy to all this shyt. We aren't watching being the elite youtube videos and shyt.. we shouldn't have to research a show before we watch it. It's there job to tell us

:manny:

But again, that's just me. Just giving ya my experience as someone that isn't always tapped in with this wrestling shyt on a weekly basis. A lot of us are in and out.. I personally feel AEW could benefit in the long run from a minor adjustment like that. You don't have to book for casuals but at least make your product casual friendly if the goal is growth and creating new fans out of first time or part time viewers.
You don’t even have to watch BTE, that’s completely separate from AEW YouTube.

They do highlight videos and preview shows every week on their YouTube and it’s only a few minutes long.

In my opinion it’s no different than watching highlights of a sports game or watching a movie trailer.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Tony DOES NOT get credit for no damn FTR :heh:

That shyt started as an inside joke by Cody & The Bucks like 2 years before FTR even left WWE and they’re the same exact guys, Just changed their name.

If they came back, would they want to see what Vince was doing with them in 2018 or what Tony is doing in 2022? They lost to the B team at Summerslam 4 years ago and were never presented as being on Usos or New Day level as a team, in AEW Tony presented them as important and on the Bucks level, and the fans reaction today reflect that. Not to mention the theme.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
If you want to keep moving the goal posts every time you get proven wrong…

#1 or #2 on Wednesday nights basically every week when they are only three years old is pretty good.

moving the goal posts is going from "We'll be beating Raw in the ratings within 6 months" and "it's gonna be a massacre" to "Well 2nd place behind Real Housewives or wherever is pretty good!"

If they came back, would they want to see what Vince was doing with them in 2018 or what Tony is doing in 2022? They lost to the B team at Summerslam 4 years ago and were never presented as being on Usos or New Day level as a team, in AEW Tony presented them as important and on the Bucks level, and the fans reaction today reflect that. Not to mention the theme.
way to ignore the part where he said they are still the same gimmick

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

just saw your edit, yes I agree Triple H was just signing guys from the indies for internet buzz and not actually giving them characters or gimmicks, that's one of the reasons why people stopped fukking with the black and gold brand by the end. Prime NXT had people getting completely different characters; Bayley was a different character than she was on the indies, Sami Zayn was nothing like El Generico etc

Bryan Danielson is the same smiling happy go lucky underdog that Daniel Bryan was? Miro is the same happy go lucky guy that sold t shirts and then was a cuck? Did Andrade say a word the entire time on raw & SD? Who was Aleister Black’s followers on raw & sd? I remember him being ‘moody’ and not much else said. Keith Lee is actually one of the few guys that came from WWE that didn’t change anything.