Co workers passing away and dying how do you deal with it?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Have had several co-workers, ex co-workers and even co-worker spouses die in the last 4-5 years. This is a thing when you’re at a large (legacy) company especially with folks 50-60+ years old.

shyt, a former co-worker who I haven’t spoken to in like 8 years died last month from cancer. He was in his 60s. You get used to it I guess. It’s harder when it’s someone young.

A breh I used to work with was in his 40s and caught himself up in some BS and OD’d and his family made up a story about how he died just to save face because he was popular.

Three months ago a lady I worked with died from cancer. You see the company emails about this stuff and it’s sad but this is just how it goes. And I can only think about the people at work who have deaths in the family and don’t want the company up in their business so they don’t mention it.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
My boy Steve I worked with him damn near 10 years ago…he was a lil weird, like he was a hood nikka always talkin about shooting someone, but he had ear gauges and rode motorcycles…anywho he ended up being my dawg…2 of my homegirls who I’ve known since school worked at that job with me and one created a group message and told us he died

On that damn motorcycle, somebody cut him off and he crashed…shyt fukked me up

It was this older Jamaican dude who worked there and we used to low key clown him…we’d go around saying to each other “lardamercy!!”

Now everytime I hear that I think about shooter Steve pause :wow:

Loggie

All Star
Daps
I had a coworker die. I met him during quarantine at Ft. Bragg. Cool dude. Offered me a beer and we kicked back one time. Fast forward to 2021. Before we went to work in Iraq, we had to quarantine in Erbil for 14 days and test negative. It was maybe 20 of us.

He and I would chop it up. We watched “The Ranch” together. And had some great conversations.

After the two weeks. He went to Al Asad and I stayed in Erbil. A few weeks later I got word he died in his sleep. He was under 50. It shook me.

Mortality is a mother f—ker. I realized then, I can pass at any time. I honor and cherished our little time together. I remember his name and will for the rest of my life. I was actually talking about him today before this thread popped up.

We have a journey we walk with God. Some of ours is long and other are shorter. I pray I get to see my daughters make it to adulthood. I try to eat right, exercise, enjoy the little moments, and praise God.

I will always remember Jeff.

Last edited:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Had a couple pass away. One story was tragic because he could’ve had a better chance at surviving because he found a bone marrow match that was 50% but his daughter had a 90% match forgot why they didn’t go w the daughter but damn I fukked w him he was an old Asian man super honorable wouldn’t try to fukk people over or nothing. Other one was this fat cracker bytch I felt was racist and didn’t like me, bytch said she was gonna write me up for clocking in early when I didn’t know she can rest in piss

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
At my job, unfortunately it's not a matter of if, it's when. As cold as it sounds, most of us mourn a little bit, then we keep it moving because we know it comes with the territory. I've known quite a few people that have walked through those turnstiles never to return again :wow:
Damn nikka you employed as a Roman gladiator?

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Reminds me of a time I drove by a coworker’s place to visit but was like nah, I’ll hit him up on the weekend.

He died the next day, just fell out. Heart failure. Dude was like 29-30. What fukked me up was we had the same first name.

Found out while working the next day, went into mild shock

I swear, that was the first time I realized my own mortality.

That shyt changed me.

Every single day since that, I’ve been focused on getting everything I want while I’m alive.

Shame it took that moment to wake me up but I’m woke now.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I say my condolences and keep it moving tbh, unless we became friends outside of work or sum'n. In which case, I'ma pull up on the fam, ask em what they need, all dat.

trapnerd

All Star
Daps
My coworker offed himself because he wife was dealing with a police officer and the officer made my coworkers life hell.

My boss came into the office talking about “Carlos killed himself. Let me know if you need to talk to anyone”

Sucked for a few days but business continued on as usual.