Co workers passing away and dying how do you deal with it?

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
nikkas die everyday b…

Work will hire somebody new, you’ll be aight

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Damn nikka you employed as a Roman gladiator?
:russ: nah I work at GM. When you work with 3,000 plus people chances are pretty good there's gonna be some people you work with that's gonna get called home. Crazy thing is a LOT of people die young there. We work hard, and some of us play even harder and that shyt catches up to you eventually. A lot folks don't take of themselves. Even though they've come a long way as far as ergonomics, the jobs will beat the piss out of you over time. It's not a matter of if you go under the knife, it's when, and how many times you will. People wind up on painkillers, and there's been some ODs. I also think it's important to have some kind of hobby to blow off some steam too, because that place is a spirit killer.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
this happened at my old job

dude was some old white guy...he kicked the bucket like 3-4 months after i was hired.

it was more surreal than anything else.

never been at a job where someone I sorta knew immediately died like that

literally saw him the day before, next day he's reported dead by his sister.

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I unfortunately had a co-worker commit suicide. He didn't show up or call out on a Monday. Managers and others on our team couldn't reach him so people were getting concerned. We went home with no one being able to reach him. That next morning our managers called us in a room for an emergency meeting smh. That definitely fukked me up a bit. Team morale was done for the rest of the week. He was a cool dude, recently married, always doing some cool shyt, seemed happy, so this blindsided us. That was my 1st true lesson on "you never know what someone is going through"

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
My coworker from my old job died from Covid back in 2020. She was very young (she was in her 30’s) but she also suffered from severe asthma which made her condition worse. I use to see her working from time to time but I never had a chance to interact with her.