COLI DEBATE: Should "ALL" Prisons Be ABOLISHED? (Are Prisons Really Necessary?)

Should ALL Prisons Be ABOLISHED?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
The issue is that prison isn't here to "rehabilitate" people or even to punish people, it's a way to line the pockets for people, and more importantly it's a way to keep Black people out of society. Too much money would be lost through prison reform, unless it's going to be just as profitable for these CACs to reform it it ain't gonna happen.
Sad to say, but this is the truth :snoop: However, we all still have to fight for reform. This issue SHALL not go away quietly.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Do you believe the current model is working? Because I don't tbh. I'm NOT in favor of abolishing prisons, but we need MAJOR prison reform.

No and yea I agree it does.Prisons just lock dudes up like animals I coulda swore they cut off the ability to get degrees.Cook county has a voluntary program for convicted felons to discuss violence in their communities, why they are locked up,anger management,conflict resolution etc. that is a start.They need to help these dudes there should be mandatory education programs for non educated criminals and ways to help some of these cats(who want to be helped) become useful members of society

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
No and yea I agree it does.Prisons just lock dudes up like animals I coulda swore they cut off the ability to get degrees.Cook county has a voluntary program for convicted felons to discuss violence in their communities, why they are locked up,anger management,conflict resolution etc. that is a start.They need to help these dudes there should be mandatory education programs for non educated criminals and ways to help some of these cats(who want to be helped) become useful members of society
I agree with you breh. We need to start changing on how we treat felons and etc. I'm progressive on this issue. Tough on crime hasn't helped at all. I'm for people being punished, but they need rehabilitation also.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
I'm curious... what's a Solution? Cuz I know a few dudes in prison that would more than likely kill & rape again if they were free...

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I think prisons should not be privatized for business, too many money making incentives that go against rehabilitation.

I think if those in prison can't vote, then they shouldn't be counted in the census. A states population determines how many electoral college votes they have. That whole thing just seems shady.