COLI DEBATE: Should "ALL" Prisons Be ABOLISHED? (Are Prisons Really Necessary?)

Should ALL Prisons Be ABOLISHED?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I think prisons should not be privatized for business, too many money making incentives that go against rehabilitation.

I think if those in prison can't vote, then they shouldn't be counted in the census. A states population determines how many electoral college votes they have. That whole thing just seems shady.
AGREED

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I believe prisons should be abolished.

We should set aside land, a state even, and sentence offenders there.

Not perfect, but my stance is that NO MAN lives a pure enough life to guard me.

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
No, prisons shouldn't be abolished but I do believe the entire criminal justice system needs reforming, from mandatory minimum sentencing to our so-called rehabilitation/concentration camp programs we have know. But that isn't happening anytime soon, since Trump won and private prison stocks have gone through the roof.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...-soaring-after-donald-trumps-election-2016-11
Yeah, I read that article. In my opinion, we need REAL CHANGE from the ground up. Meaning, we should have local and state politicians who want real change for felons and etc.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Prison is used as a punishment in America, when it should be used as rehabilitation.

We as a country need to stop thinking in terms of how to punish criminals, and start thinkning about how to prevent/rehabilitate them.

Until we do that our judicial system will always be fukked.
I agree because something is wrong when you keep trying the same thing over and over to no avail. To me, that's the definition of insanity.

Last edited:

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
No because there are always some people out there who need locked up.

But prison reform is a must and mental health reform is just as important. There are a lot of guys behind bars who need serious mental help.