Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
die-hard-with-a-vengeance-featured-1.jpg

Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995)

this is arguably as good as the first. they don't make action films like this no more. Little CGI, not filmed on a soundstage, uses the environment (NYC) to it's advantage. Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson are a classic duo. Action movies are better when they take place in one or two locations as opposed to modern action movies that jump from one cool "exotic" locale to another which makes them all blend together. When John drove the cab through the park :mjlol:

9/10. OG Die Hard is 10/10

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
die-hard-with-a-vengeance-featured-1.jpg

Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995)

this is arguably as good as the first. they don't make action films like this no more. Little CGI, not filmed on a soundstage, uses the environment (NYC) to it's advantage. Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson are a classic duo. Action movies are better when they take place in one or two locations as opposed to modern action movies that jump from one cool "exotic" locale to another which makes them all blend together. When John drove the cab through the park :mjlol:

9/10. OG Die Hard is 10/10
Damm I can't remember this at all.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps

When I was 7, I covered myself in Vaseline and pretended to do Tai chi in my backyard to this music...damn I really shouldn't be drunk posting this early 😒

Last edited:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
gemini-man-movie-poster.jpg

Mike Larry Vs The Fresh Prince, ass movie. I ain't never seen CGI face rendering so scary since HBO had to do up Livia Soprano to finish a scene after the actress died unexpeectedly before filming wrapped. shyt is painful to watch, the attempt to make a younger Will Smith look like anything other than an uncanny valley having as render. With that being said, whole premise was eh, but Smith and the Chick had chemistry and it wasn't as bad as the other "Best soldier to do it, retires and gets targeted by people who don't care about his solace, so he gotta kill 'em all, type shyt like you'd normally see that racist b*stard Wahlberg or Neelson in.
Movie is about a Will Smith clone chasing down Will Smith because Will Smith is the best at being an assassin but is also human, so they tried to make a human clone that's not human, raised in a different setting from a kid, but he's also human, since he realizes he has none of what the original has. It's a weird fukking movie and off putting in some parts regarding the clone and his pinnochio like plight. Perfect one off movie just to say you watched it, but I doubt it will endear anyone now, much less back then.

6.4/10

Hostile

All Star
Daps
vjB9XwJKnYqFKKjhWcE6WpAf5Ki.jpg

So she kidnaps your child, breaks into your home, cops can't find her ....but you leave all the doors in your house unlocked? Dude was a piece of shyt and the wife was too forgiving. That school should've gotten sued for the kidnapping.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
hWPUgxQ.jpeg

I’ll always have love for this movie. A medley of efforts that made it great for me, but I think one of the biggest is Fincher doing such a good job with reining in Sorkin’s quick-fire dialogue. Wish they collaborated more because everything else I’ve seen from Aaron after this has been hard to get through. That smart, yet smug dialogue that I imagine runs through a lot of big ego geniuses’ heads, but doesn’t translate to the public well at all in reality after speaking.

When Sorkin is directing or the main writer on other stuff, I find that he goes off the deep end with that more often than not. It works here though. He wants to make a “quasi-sequel” and while he may end up putting something out, it more than likely won’t come close to touching this. Thought a rewatch would sour me, but nope. The score from Reznor and Ross still kicks a lot of ass and it was cool seeing a young and hungry Andrew Garfield here.

King’s Speech over this at the Oscars is still :mjtf:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
p12690929_p_v7_ab.jpg

Definitely goes in the category of WTF films for me. Mix of fantasy, existentialism, Looney Tunes. Fun reading theories about how people interpret the film.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
p7582_p_v8_ao.jpg

Damn how'd this one slip thru the cracks, shyt is lowkey amazing

Connery back as an unapologetically :flabbynsick: James Bond against the new high tech, fitness minded 1980's

A surprisingly realistic shark sequence and prime Kim Basinger too :wow:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
81z6SB3UpjL._AC_UL420_SR420,420_.jpg

I thought this was pretty fun. Delivering a lot of the action present in the games from the X-Ray moves to the fatalities. Liked the voice work for Shao Kahn/Sektor/Cyrax the most.