Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
wsH3iO4E_o.jpeg

:whoo:

This joint was FIRE all the way through :banderas:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I've been watching Hollywood epics lately for some reason

Lawrence of Arabia: Some amazing shots and scope, visual quality is :gladbron:, Peter O'Toole is delightful as Lawrence, Omar Shariff, Obi Won, Tony Quinn are also great. One of the finest "going native" stories put to film. I watched this a few weeks ago and coincidentally watched The Spy Who Loved Me a few days ago after not having seen it in a few years and :pachaha:when they played part of the score as Bond was in the desert. It's so fukking long, though. And worse, it FEELS long. Compared to:

Ben-Hur: Ben Hur (1959):

The sea battle
rejoice.png

the chariot race
rejoice.png

the picture quality
rejoice.png

the score
rejoice.png

Heston looking like the least Jewish man to ever live and doing his typical overacting
rejoice.png

the shocking gore and violence
rejoice.png

Jesus
rejoice.png

Somehow this is only like 5 minutes shorter than LOA yet feels half as long.

Spartacus: Shocking violence, absurd scale of scenes with literally thousands of extras, Kirk Douglas' jawline, slave rebellions, the oyster/snail speech :shaq:

Gladiator: :trash: Just shyttier versions of Spartacus and Ben Hur mixed with drunk ass Ridley doing shytty color grading and random slow motion like a DC movie.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marauders:
The male pattern baldness trio of Elliot Stabler, Batista, and Bruce Willis was hard to pass up. HBO Go lists it as action, but it's closer to a thriller, and would be a great Redbox surprise. I'm consistently amazed and fascinated at how little effort Bruce Willis puts into his work. It almost seems like he puts extreme amounts of effort into putting in no effort. He mumbles/whispers all of his lines, he has absolutely zero inflection of any kind, his face never moves, and if someone told me he was reading his lines off camera I'd believe them. And this goes for everything he's been in for about 10 years.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
they got a new season of Hap and Leonard out!
:ohhh:

edit

oops! this was meant for NETFLIX thread.