Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MV5BMWNmNGY3ZGMtYWQ3OC00Zjg4LWFiN2EtZjM2MDI1YzRiNjg3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR87,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Nah breh. De Niro played a pretty convincing scumbag but this shyt was WACK

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
MV5BN2YxYmUyZGItZWEzYy00NTA3LThhM2UtZThhNDM5NWYxZGQ1L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Good flick :wow:. I swear the first time watching it, it just seems like it would have been shown today and nobody wouldn't noticed. The quality of the movie was crazy for it's time along with some of the funny bits in the movie.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Negged. shyt is dope, one of my favorite movies, grimey low budget and basically a prelude to Goodfellas. Movie is funny too.
Man, that thin ass plot wasn't a prelude to shyt. 2 hours and barely anything actually happened. A bunch of scenes patched together that don't mean anything.

Again, some nice moments from DeNiro but there's nothing here. I've seen this hyped up too which leads me to believe it only gets props from what Scorcese and DeNiro have done AFTER this. This movie is a glorified demo tape.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Man, that thin ass plot wasn't a prelude to shyt. 2 hours and barely anything actually happened. A bunch of scenes patched together that don't mean anything.

Again, some nice moments from DeNiro but there's nothing here. I've seen this hyped up too which leads me to believe it only gets props from what Scorcese and DeNiro have done AFTER this. This movie is a glorified demo tape.
Well, I think that's why some people don't like mean streets, there really isn't a plot. Just some low level hoods grinding and getting into shyt. Hustling and just hanging out. I guess its not for everyone but i personally love the movie.

And A lot of the scenes and how they were filmed were the same techniques we see in Goodfellas, that's the comparison I'm making. Especially the bar scenes. I didn't see the movie because of any hype tho, I caught in the middle of the night on cable way back and had never heard of it and loved it right away. Is what it is.