Collectable Card Games Thread (Magic, Pokemon, Yugioh, etc.)

What's your game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Is anybody else doing the duelist cup on masterduel? A nikka is stuck on 17 with no hope of getting out. I ain’t trying to meta but….

:francis: I may have to break out the wallet on some Flowdereeze shyt

rdj

Pro
Daps
ZSDu2HA.jpg

5sqfD1i.jpg

Finally made it to stage 2 :blessed:

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
shyt is so unplayable. Lay-up that had almost 300,000 people on launch and they're down to like 16k. fukking stupid.

It's not like the paper form is any better either. I thought this would be their biggest year ever with how MD launched and everyone started looking at the real game, but Konami did nothing with it.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm tooling up before I go into duel mode. Them Pay-2-Win folk/veterans of the game do not fukk around.

What decks have you built so far? Right now I only have a semi-decent Gem-Knights deck, though I'm gonna try and work on a variation of a Dark Magician/Magician Girl deck I use IRL once I have enough points to work with.
I downloaded it yesterday. It's decent. Coming from Hearthstone is jarring though.
The UI and overall performance of Master Duel pales in comparison to Hearthstone.
The game overall is decent though. I'm gonna give it a few more tries.

To answer OP.
Growing up Pokemon was huge.
Magic was up there as well.
Later on I played a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh but in recent years I've dumped endless hours into Hearthstone.
I'd like to get back into Pokemon.
I'm tooling up before I go into duel mode. Them Pay-2-Win folk/veterans of the game do not fukk around.

What decks have you built so far? Right now I only have a semi-decent Gem-Knights deck, though I'm gonna try and work on a variation of a Dark Magician/Magician Girl deck I use IRL once I have enough points to work with.
@Family Lives Matter it's crazy how competitive and different the game has gotten in the last decade. These guys are right.

I discovered the game only 2 months ago, and despite countless duels I could only make 2.5 competitive decks. And most of that was due to the generous amount of in-game currency you get when starting out.

It's technically not a p2w game. I haven't given Konami a dime, but it's hard to build powerful cards cause they are weighted by difficulty. It's doable, but takes time.

Despite all this, I think it's a genuinely good time sink once you get your deck together. Very fun game.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
This second anniversary event changed the whole meta. Too many snake eyes decks popping up.

Add in the Despia and Labrynth decks shyt is crazy right now

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This second anniversary event changed the whole meta. Too many snake eyes decks popping up.

Add in the Despia and Labrynth decks shyt is crazy right now
Labyrinth not so bad if you got field clearers. Had them rage quit multiple times when they got nothing in their hands and individual cards don't connect on their next draw :russ:

I don't know if it's the server they got me in, but I haven't encountered snake eyes once. But a whole lot of mathmech, kashytira , and bots running utopia. Oh and I wish every Albaz player steps on a Lego. :beli:

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
Labyrinth not so bad if you got field clearers. Had them rage quit multiple times when they got nothing in their hands and individual cards don't connect on their next draw :russ:

I don't know if it's the server they got me in, but I haven't encountered snake eyes once. But a whole lot of mathmech, kashytira , and bots running utopia. Oh and I wish every Albaz player steps on a Lego. :beli:
You’re lucky as hell to be avoiding Snake eyes. It’s been hell on earth right now. Also

:youngsabo: I’m playing Kashtira right now along with sinful rescue ace as my second deck.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Yugioh aint no good anymore.

It's all netdecking and other shyt, people don't try to learn naturally like back in the old days :coffee:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yugioh aint no good anymore.

It's all netdecking and other shyt, people don't try to learn naturally like back in the old days :coffee:
It really depends. I've seen nonmeta shadolls or heros take down current decks cause their owners tweaked them.

Even my main deck currently is an extremely non traditional deck with no meta archetypes or cards.

Outside of the physical card game, one thing I like about MD is that they have event based tournaments with restrictions that make a lot of the net decks useless. For example lowering the time limit per turn makes it virtually impossible to chain summon 8 cards in a row like a lot of the net decks do. Tweaking the banlist does so to. I'm personally excited for the Feb 12 event which brings a lot of the banlist back to the synchro 5Ds era :blessed:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You’re lucky as hell to be avoiding Snake eyes. It’s been hell on earth right now. Also

:youngsabo: I’m playing Kashtira right now along with sinful rescue ace as my second deck.
finally met snake eyes:ohhh:

Was my first duel today. Honestly, it seems like a rehashed crystal beast deck from a decade ago. With a much lower emphasis of fusion monsters.

Once again, it seems kinda week to feild clearers cause they have to have so many pieces on the board perpetually.

What shocked me the most is the lack of support for grave effects. Things in their deck basically go to the grave to die there as opposed to triggering grave effects, or biringin themsleves back.

Of course, i am morally obligated to admit that i lost the match. but insist that loss was ,mainly due to a bad first hand.:hubie: