College degree is the new HS dipolma.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
The New York Times profiled a company requiring a B.A. to get a position as a file clerk, making the point that a college degree is now what a high school diploma used to mean. Except you live at the high school for a minimum of four years, get blacked out drunk every night, beat a rape charge, and gain ties to a football team you couldn’t care otherwise about. In other news NYU’s released their new ad campaign: College – The $200,000 dollar GED

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/20/b...umber-of-companies.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&hp&

shyt is real too. Any shytty ass company now thinks they deserve some young college kid whos happy to work for 10 bucks an hour even if the job they are hiring you for doesnt require any higher education. Sad to say they can play that game after they outsourced all the middle class jobs and have most of the country fighting for any type of gainful full time employment.

shyt im 24 now and I remember when i was fresh out of HS trying to get a part time job at this local car wash. Dudes had me taking a personality test and giving me scenarios to answer. Asking what my college plans are.

I asked the dude " this is car wash right, wash and dry cars, maybe sweep em out?" dude said "we have to make sure your compatible with our team" i said ":childplease:" and got up and walked out

EDIT : Meant to post in HL. Can a mod move this please

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The funny thing about it all is that we are not better for it in any way shape or form. I've been trying to explain to people that they should be careful about all those student loans. You are paying more and more for what is probably a degree that is diminishing in value.

Yeah my friends finished before I did, but I never had that massive debt over my head.

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
:laff: @ non engineering/medical graduates. Welcome to a life of poverty.

Two more years left on my chemical engineering degree and I will be caking off that oil money :ahh:

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps

Two more years left on my chemical engineering degree and I will be caking off that oil money :ahh:

that Exxon money :blessed:

if you have nothing against living in the Midwest i can try to hook you up with a job in Joliet breh

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tbh I want to do arcitecture, advisor made me minor in civil engineering so I don't have to worry about being a jobless bum. Lol some girl I was talking to once said she wanted to do something like be a social worker or probation officer looool. Laughed and told her you might as well not even go to school then

Binary

Banned
Daps
:manny:
There will always be products that need advertising so I'm good in my field.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Got a chemical engineering degree with biochem ...

Acquiring & raising capital for chemical/medical companies and being your own boss>>>>>>>>>> sitting and dabbling with instrumentation all day and arguing with dumb azz lab chemists

:jiggalol:

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you go to college for any degree not IT/engineer/medical/lawyer you have to hustle hard and make sure you get those internships and network more than ever, nikkas cant go to college in other fields graduate and have no leg to stay on and expect a job.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/20/b...umber-of-companies.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&hp&

shyt is real too. Any shytty ass company now thinks they deserve some young college kid whos happy to work for 10 bucks an hour even if the job they are hiring you for doesnt require any higher education. Sad to say they can play that game after they outsourced all the middle class jobs and have most of the country fighting for any type of gainful full time employment.

shyt im 24 now and I remember when i was fresh out of HS trying to get a part time job at this local car wash. Dudes had me taking a personality test and giving me scenarios to answer. Asking what my college plans are.

I asked the dude " this is car wash right, wash and dry cars, maybe sweep em out?" dude said "we have to make sure your compatible with our team" i said ":childplease:" and got up and walked out

EDIT : Meant to post in HL. Can a mod move this please

I had this for a delivery can job, he asked me

"How much do you want this job?"

I say "yeah.....I need the job...."

He reckons "I KNOW you need, but how much do you WANT it!?!?!" :thirsty:

I was like :heh: , fukking job was 16000 a year and you had to work Saturdays, they never told you the salary in the advert or I wouldn't have even turned up, fukking taking the piss.

fukking joker wanted me to beg for the job, the way he was acting was like I was gonna suck his dikk right then and there in the interview room.

I was like :stopitslime:, I left, then didn't answer the 15 times they phoned me that afternoon.

Looking back, I was embarrassed for the interviewer, acting like a 16 grand delivery job is that important :scusthov:

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I had this for a delivery can job, he asked me

"How much do you want this job?"

I say "yeah.....I need the job...."

He reckons "I KNOW you need, but how much do you WANT it!?!?!" :thirsty:

I was like :heh: , fukking job was 16000 a year and you had to work Saturdays, they never told you the salary in the advert or I wouldn't have even turned up, fukking taking the piss.

fukking joker wanted me to beg for the job, the way he was acting was like I was gonna suck his dikk right then and there in the interview room.

I was like :stopitslime:, I left, then didn't answer the 15 times they phoned me that afternoon.

Looking back, I was embarrassed for the interviewer, acting like a 16 grand delivery job is that important :scusthov:

They get off on that shyt cause they know they have the upper hand

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
if you go to college for any degree not IT/engineer/medical/lawyer you have to hustle hard and make sure you get those internships and network more than ever, nikkas cant go to college in other fields graduate and have no leg to stay on and expect a job.

Don't include law, a law degree is one of the worst things going right now (for the money)

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
basically....Im the only one out of five of us that didnt go to graduate school....I couldnt be arsed

during my fraud days practically all the guys I rolled with had degrees....the shyt has been really devalued

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
no liberal arts degree is the new HS diploma...I'm yet to find an engineer, math or science person without a job.

liberal art degrees were created by college for those who have no business being there.
BASICALLY THEY ARE FOR SUKKERS