College degree is the new HS dipolma.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
What a creative way to keep people in debt!

First push everyone to go to college and get a degree,

make sure that you outsource enough jobs to other countries so that there aren't enough jobs paying decent wages for the kids with their new degrees, and then watch the kids slave away at minimum wage jobs that insure they can never pay off their college loans

. What do you get? Slaves for life who don't have time or are too tired to question anything the government does to further enslave them. Ingenious!

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well no one is forcing you to go to college. Stay with your high school diploma. Let me know how that works out for you.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
The underachievers and those with only book smarts are the only who gonna get hurt by this new reality. The ambitious have nothing to worry about.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/20/b...umber-of-companies.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&hp&

shyt is real too. Any shytty ass company now thinks they deserve some young college kid whos happy to work for 10 bucks an hour even if the job they are hiring you for doesnt require any higher education. Sad to say they can play that game after they outsourced all the middle class jobs and have most of the country fighting for any type of gainful full time employment.

shyt im 24 now and I remember when i was fresh out of HS trying to get a part time job at this local car wash. Dudes had me taking a personality test and giving me scenarios to answer. Asking what my college plans are.

I asked the dude " this is car wash right, wash and dry cars, maybe sweep em out?" dude said "we have to make sure your compatible with our team" i said ":childplease:" and got up and walked out

EDIT : Meant to post in HL. Can a mod move this please

yep...I had to learned the HARD WAY :to:. gotta hustle and network to win in America.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
“I am over $100,000 in student loan debt right now,” said Megan Parker, who earns $37,000 as the firm’s receptionist. She graduated from the Art Institute of Atlanta in 2011 with a degree in fashion and retail management, and spent months waiting on “bridezillas” at a couture boutique, among other stores, while churning out office-job applications.

100K in debt for an arts degree? You have got to be kidding me.

Art degrees are for the weak among society who have no business being in college

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
A college degree. An ability to think critically. Exposure. A deeper understanding of a particular field etc.

lol...liberal arts degree are for the weak minded.

Any dumbass can get a liberal arts degree...the curricula is a JOKE.
When I went to college, in my engineering class there was 15 of us.

only 5 were Americans...they liberal arts classes were full :why:

guess which ones are struggling to get a job? My phone is blowing up everyday with employers looking for network engineers....

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
lol for being so logical why do Engineers/Scientist/Mathematicians still try to spout that "lol smh shouldn't have got a liberal arts degree :heh:" bullsh!t

If half the people that got a liberal arts degree decided to become engineers what do you think would happen to the job prospects and pay scale for engineers? The whole reason they get paid more and have more job security is BECAUSE less people are in those fields

I was talking to a 60 year old engineer from Argentina last week. He was making 100K working for GE but he got laid off 3 years ago. his whole department was shifted to China. Now he sells cars at a dealership that his friend owns.

These are market forces that noone is really safe from except maybe UPS drivers...

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol...liberal arts degree are for the weak minded.

Any dumbass can get a liberal arts degree...the curricula is a JOKE.
When I went to college, in my engineering class there was 15 of us,

only 5 were Americans...they liberal arts classes were full :why:

guess which ones are struggling to get a job? My phone is blowing up everyday with employers looking for network engineers....

People should study what they enjoy and hustle hard within that field to find internships, co-ops, work-study in their fields to make themselves more marketable.

Liberal Arts is not for the "weak-minded" either. Alot of those students do very well on graduate school admissions test. Law Schools and Business Schools actually prefer well rounded Liberal Arts students to more narrowly focused science and engineering students.

We don't need a society of Engineering geeks. We also need creative types with Liberal Arts degrees.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People should study what they enjoy and hustle hard within that field to find internships, co-ops, work-study in their fields to make themselves more marketable.

Liberal Arts is not for the "weak-minded" either. Alot of those students do very well on graduate school admissions test. Law Schools and Business Schools actually prefer well rounded Liberal Arts students to more narrowly focused science and engineering students.

We don't need a society of Engineering geeks. We also need creative types with Liberal Arts degrees.
Breh, you forget how large the field of engineering is. Industrial engineers are some of the most creative people you'll ever meet.

The thing about engineering is that there are 5 major disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Civil, and Chemical. And these jobs are so far apart, its completely separate degrees. I mean, if someone really wants to be a writer or painter i can't knock that, but obtaining a degree in a familiar field of engineering is like a guarantee that somebody somewhere will fukk with you and pay you for your time.

Personally, art school is the biggest shame to me. If your an artist and you have to pay somebody to make you a better artist you really aren't an artist.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps

You are clearly don't know the diversity when it comes to science and engineering.

Geeks create all the advanced things you take for granted.
No one should go to a 4 years degree to study fashion,home design and basket weaving!!!!...:mindblown:

Art students are struggling and rightfully so...in a few years the economy will weed them out.

"There's only so long fake thugs can pretend "-Jay-z.

I will flip it and say only so long fake degrees can be sold.