Albums Conway The Machine - Won't He Do It (Discussion Thread)

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
He needs to start letting Gunn look over shyt again… folks ain’t gonna say it but…. Yeah
his verses have become low key predictable.

Look at my classics
i motivate people because i was broke now I rich
TALK TO EM!
i'm so far ahead of y'all
now I'm eating rich food in a rich venue
YOU SEE MY PLATE?
Drumwork look at my family tree
my young boy puttin them drums to work like he Tommy Lee
*Home Improvement giggle*
I got dudes still plottin on me
I still be bagging up and I'll load up a wild gun if you try me
B-B-BOOM
My face lop sided I was prayin to God
but i'm in a foreign land bangin some broad
uh-huh

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
his verses have become low key predictable.

Look at my classics
i motivate people because i was broke now I rich
TALK TO EM!
i'm so far ahead of y'all
now I'm eating rich food in a rich venue
YOU SEE MY PLATE?
Drumwork look at my family tree
my young boy puttin them drums to work like he Tommy Lee
*Home Improvement giggle*
I got dudes still plottin on me
I still be bagging up and I'll load up a wild gun if you try me
B-B-BOOM
My face lop sided I was prayin to God
but i'm in a foreign land bangin some broad
uh-huh
I can’t even disagree lol…. If you’ve noticed when he features on their shyt it’s way better. But once he gets left alone to create it’s kinda ehhh. I’m gon’ see what he on with this one.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I think so too bro. Feel like it's been a minute since Daringer and Conway had a handful of joints together on one project just the two of them, without Beat Butcha involved.

I wish 9th Wonder or Alc had a joint on here but hopefully on Side B.
Yea man, hopefully that 38 Spesh/Conway project has elite production :ohlawd:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This shyt is all over the place to me. Apparently this is Side A and Side B drops later this month. If that's the case I don't wanna knock it too hard, but I feel like there's a lot of ideas here that didn't get finished.

Kanye sounds fantastic but it's like one 16 bar verse and then some singing and it just kind of ends...Flesh of My Flesh also just kind of ends in the middle of him cooking that beat. That one reminds me of Overdose a little bit.

Lotta Daringer on here but he only really brought the drums on one joint. Benny and Fab did their thing on Chop House. The Hall & Nash joint is dope. Brick Fair is old GOAT/Blakk Tape type shyt and is hard. Tween Cross is dope, and Graymatter killed that beat. Monogram is really dope.

I'd expect to hate Water to Wine but I like that one. I want to like Chosen more than I do. Title track is incredible but I hate that he has 7xve close it out...the last track should've been left off.

TL;DR: This is definitely more like La Maquina than King to a God or GDMM. The production is less modern sounding than La Maquina, but it's basically brag raps and not a lot of personal music...think La Maquina but more Daringer beats. I was super happy after Greetings Earthlings and God Don't Make Mistakes, because of how personal the material was. There's only a couple personal songs on here, and one is only one verse. Even La Maquina landed harder to me on one listen, though. If you don't count the Big Ghost joints, off one listen this is probably my least favorite Conway project since Look What I Became. It sounds like a victory lap. But bro we know you can rap. I was expecting more content for sure. The production and features are all fine but also sound kinda uninspired.

Last edited:

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
This shyt is all over the place to me. Apparently this is Side A and Side B drops later this month. If that's the case I don't wanna knock it too hard, but I feel like there's a lot of ideas here that didn't get finished.

Kanye sounds fantastic but it's like one 16 bar verse and then some singing and it just kind of ends...Flesh of My Flesh also just kind of ends in the middle of him cooking that beat. That one reminds me of Overdose a little bit.

Lotta Daringer on here but he only really brought the drums on one joint. Benny and Fab did their thing on Chop House. The Hall & Nash joint is dope. Brick Fair is old GOAT/Blakk Tape type shyt and is hard. Tween Cross is dope, and Graymatter killed that beat. Monogram is really dope.

I'd expect to hate Water to Wine but I like that one. I want to like Chosen more than I do. Title track is incredible but I hate that he has 7xve close it out...the last track should've been left off.

TL;DR: This is definitely more like La Maquina than King to a God or GDMM. The production is less modern sounding than La Maquina, but it's basically brag raps and not a lot of personal music...think La Maquina but more Daringer beats. I was super happy after Greetings Earthlings and God Don't Make Mistakes, because of how personal the material was. There's only a couple personal songs on here, and one is only one verse. Even La Maquina landed harder to me on one listen, though. If you don't count the Big Ghost joints, off one listen this is probably my least favorite Conway project since Look What I Became. It sounds like a victory lap. But bro we know you can rap. I was expecting more content for sure. The production and features are all fine but also sound kinda uninspired.
Yea hopefully side b better this isn’t what I want after hearing shyt like fktg and gdmm. I hated la machina I’m not sure if this is better I’ll give it more time if the album has enough replay value. Some tracks are dope like brick fare, stab out and tween cross tween. Maybe I’m just trippen but off first listen I feel like it’s lackluster.

Last edited:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Definitely all over the place. Just some really mediocre joints throughout. I really liked Stab Out (Ransom :damn:!!!!) , Brooklyn Chop House, Quarters, Brick Fare. But outside of that there’s some very weak joints I won’t even speak on. Only 4 joints I’ll probably go back to. I been saying this for a while and come off like a hater to some folks but I have to just call it how I hear it. Conway just doesn’t make albums with replay value on his own. At this point you can’t expect it to suddenly happen. Definitely looking forward to the joint with 38 Spesh & hopefully he drops a Purple Tape with Benny because that’s the one we need the most:blessed: