COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had to bury my dad today. Most infuriating thing is that he had to die alone in the hospital. We just finally saw him yesterday. I can only imagine what he was going through by himself. He was in the hospital for 10 days. It was so sudden. Its a helpless feeling. Hope everyone is well and stay safe brehs.
Damn breh ... I feel hurt reading this .... god bless you, u have strength to go through that and give us words of encouragement... you are the definition of strong and real... I’m sorry for your loss brother

Aintnobodystupid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Labor Day in NY is next. :francis:

They are willing to have the Puerto Rican Day and Pride parades at later dates so perhaps it can go on but I doubt it. 1 million on the parkway aint happening this year. People will probably just have cookouts and get drunk if social distancing is relaxed enough by then.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
They are willing to have the Puerto Rican Day and Pride parades at later dates so perhaps it can go on but I doubt it. 1 million on the parkway aint happening this year. People will probably just have cookouts and get drunk if social distancing is relaxed enough by then.

Nothing that has a large group of people together will happen this year. There is no chance. Probably not even happening next year either without some big changes. Folk still thinking one day we'll hit a switch and things will be back to normal. Nah, your way of life has changed and will be that way for a long time...consider it over actually since you will now have a new way of life. You will look back at the past and see how you took so much shyt for granted. me too.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Nothing that has a large group of people together will happen this year. There is no chance. Probably not even happening next year either without some big changes. Folk still thinking one day we'll hit a switch and things will be back to normal. Nah, your way of life has changed and will be that way for a long time...consider it over actually since you will now have a new way of life. You will look back at the past and see how you took so much shyt for granted. me too.
Bro thats depressing :mjcry:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
tenor.gif

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Damn breh ... I feel hurt reading this .... god bless you, u have strength to go through that and give us words of encouragement... you are the definition of strong and real... I’m sorry for your loss brother

Thanks breh and everyone. I'm more concerned for my mom. They were together since they were in high school. The fact she couldn't be at the hospital in his final moments is something I'll never be able to get over. I honestly thought he was going to be fine.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Get with the program. Sooner you come to the realization that it’s all changed, the better off you’ll be. Long range view activated.

Yea, folk gotta just accept that the past isn’t coming back. It’s not all bad though. We may see some serious changes now and hopefully people have their eyes wide the fukk open now.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The strain already evolving in sick children.

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, doctors around the country are reporting instances of a mysterious inflammatory condition in children linked to the coronavirus.

In Los Angeles, doctor's at Children's Hospital are treating three young patients with the condition and they expect to see more.

The condition is similar to Kawasaki Disease, a rare, complex syndrome that turns a child's immune system against its blood vessels.

And that could lead to permanent heart damage. There is a risk of having coronary artery problems for life.

In the United States, about 5,500 cases of Kawasaki Disease are diagnosed each year. But like many pediatric hospitals around the world, Children's Hospital Los Angeles is seeing an uptick in cases compared to the previous two years.

Dr. Jacqueline Szmuszkovicz, who has studied Kawasaki Disease, said the three children at Children's Hospital being treated all tested positive for antibodies to COVID-19, meaning they likely had the novel coronavirus some time before developing Kawasaki symptoms.

"And now their immune system is responding with inflammation," she said. "That's leading to a syndrome."

Szmuszkovicz says the connection has led to a new diagnosis called PIMS, for Pediatric Inflammatory Multi-System Syndrome.

Kawasaki symptoms include: persistent high fever, rash, red cracked lips, red tongue, swollen eyes, hands and feet, and enlarged lymph nodes in the neck.

The three children being treated at CHLA are all doing well and are being given customized treatment plans. Doctors are now looking into other recent Kawasaki cases to see if these patients were also exposed to COVID-19.