"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Where is the confirmation of 4k 60fps? Do you have a link?

word I haven't seen a direct answer (maybe I missed it). I have a PS4 now and PS5 on preorder, so from what I hearing the game will be the game, and I can play it on either systems? Like there is no specific PS5 version coming out right?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
xxcdcefsgnt51.jpg
i76vtbciumt51.jpg
cyber-porsche-911-concept-comes-from-actual-cyberpunk-2077-designer_8.jpg

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I think there was another concept art of him and justin beiber as well. So they might be in the game.

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
word I haven't seen a direct answer (maybe I missed it). I have a PS4 now and PS5 on preorder, so from what I hearing the game will be the game, and I can play it on either systems? Like there is no specific PS5 version coming out right?
CDPR have said the PS4 version will play better on PS5 but have not outlined the improvements. My assumption is more stable fps, if it uses dynamic resolution there will be less drops, faster loading etc. When the PS5 version is released next year you will get a free upgrade to it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how much different do you guys think the PC version will be vs. the PS4 version running on the PS5?:lupe:
I know the Cyberpunk on the PS4 will be 4k/60 but will it look close to what we've seen or are all the PC brehs getting ray tracing right off the bat while we have to wait for the PS5 version?
I only preordered the PS5 and I don't have a gaming PC
All the footage we've seen is PC so I hope it looks close to that when I'm running it on my PS5
PC version will have ray tracing and higher framerate/resolution support day 1.

PS4/X1 version on their refresh systems will most likely target 30fps at dynamic resolutions at 4K(XB1X) and probably a little less than that for the Pro using checkerboard.

Witcher 3
While there's a scope for it to go even lower (there's literally a huge open world here with a multitude of possible tests), an 1800p to 2160p range still falls within a perceptual threshold in delivering a superb result on 4K display. By contrast, PS4 Pro makes use of a checkerboard method to push its own 4K image. Side-by-side with X's native output, the checkerboarding technique still works brilliantly, and the only real downside here is a faint stippling effect on moving edges, largely hidden by the game's motion blur.

I would guess at best day 1 on PS5 there's a patch for an unlocked framerate and the dynamic resolution will hit it's max most of the time and the only difference left would be ray tracing, dual sense features and optimization for the hardware natively(ray tracing etc.)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
CDPR have said the PS4 version will play better on PS5 but have not outlined the improvements. My assumption is more stable fps, if it uses dynamic resolution there will be less drops, faster loading etc. When the PS5 version is released next year you will get a free upgrade to it.

lol hell by then i would have beat it. Unless it works as an expansion pack

Daps
Where was this confirmed?

Where is the confirmation of 4k 60fps? Do you have a link?

Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 will get a free upgrade for PlayStation 5
Right under the title of the article

" Before a "more robust" next-gen version down the line."

From the article -
Anyone with a PS4 copy will be able to play that on PS5 and receive a free update to improve the game's visuals on Sony's next-gen machine.

The news, confirmed last night in an investor call, follows CD Projekt Red's announcement in February it would support Microsoft's Smart Delivery initiative for Xbox - meaning the free upgrade will work the same there for Xbox One copies on Xbox Series X.

The developer further clarified that this would not be the final update to buff the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077. A beefier version of the game optimised for Microsoft and Sony's new machines will follow down the line - perhaps some time down the line - but again be available to PS4 and Xbox One owners free of charge.

"I can confirm this is not the final update," CD Projekt exec Michał Nowakowski said. "At some point we will have a more robust update for next-gen which we plan to give free of charge to anyone who purchases the PS4 or Xbox One version.

"But in any case you will be able to play the game on next-gen from 19th November when the game releases and it will look better than on current-gen from that moment as well."

I could have sworn I also had another link referenced referring to higher framerates and higher resolutions but I can't find it
It doesn't directly say 4k/60 but I assume that's what they will run on the next gen consolesD
Day 1 patch for ps5/xsx owners

Last edited:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 will get a free upgrade for PlayStation 5
Right under the title of the article

" Before a "more robust" next-gen version down the line."

From the article -
Anyone with a PS4 copy will be able to play that on PS5 and receive a free update to improve the game's visuals on Sony's next-gen machine.

The news, confirmed last night in an investor call, follows CD Projekt Red's announcement in February it would support Microsoft's Smart Delivery initiative for Xbox - meaning the free upgrade will work the same there for Xbox One copies on Xbox Series X.

The developer further clarified that this would not be the final update to buff the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077. A beefier version of the game optimised for Microsoft and Sony's new machines will follow down the line - perhaps some time down the line - but again be available to PS4 and Xbox One owners free of charge.

"I can confirm this is not the final update," CD Projekt exec Michał Nowakowski said. "At some point we will have a more robust update for next-gen which we plan to give free of charge to anyone who purchases the PS4 or Xbox One version.

"But in any case you will be able to play the game on next-gen from 19th November when the game releases and it will look better than on current-gen from that moment as well."

I could have sworn I also had another link referenced referring to higher framerates and higher resolutions but I can't find it
It doesn't directly say 4k/60 but I assume that's what they will run on the next gen consolesD
Day 1 patch for ps5/xsx owners
I doubt it will run it honestly. :patrice:

Daps
not a single idea...just gonna have to wait and see
the day 1 patch for the PS5/XSX will make the game look better visually on those systems according to CDPR so maybe that's our answer
if that's the case no worries then
Like I mentioned in a previous post I could have sworn I had another link referenced talking about the higher resolution and framerates
If I can't find it I assume it will be 4k/60 since I assume the day 1 patch will take advantage of the new systems' power to boost performance
PS5/XSX should be able to run last gen Cyberpunk 2077 in 4k/60 until the next gen version comes
At least we know the game will look better on the PS5/XSX from day 1 than they would on the PS4/XB1X

Last edited:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The PS5/XSX should have no problems running last gen Cyberpunk 2077 in 4k/60 when they release the day 1 patch :yeshrug:
We'll see breh. We also don't even know how demanding the game is. The preview they showed a few months back had the game running at 1080p w/DLSS enabled on a 2080Ti. Obviously, it'll be more optimized than that in the final build. But I wouldn't be surprised if this is struggling to stay at 60FPS in 4K on PC, let alone the new consoles. Hopefully I'm wrong. Witcher 3 was optimized pretty well.

There ain't no way in hell that it'll be 4K/60FPS with ray tracing enabled though. Unless they have something like DLSS on consoles

Daps
We'll see breh. We also don't even know how demanding the game is. The preview they showed a few months back had the game running at 1080p w/DLSS enabled on a 2080Ti. Obviously, it'll be more optimized than that in the final build. But I wouldn't be surprised if this is struggling to stay at 60FPS in 4K on PC, let alone the new consoles. Hopefully I'm wrong. Witcher 3 was optimized pretty well.

There ain't no way in hell that it'll be 4K/60FPS with ray tracing enabled though. Unless they have something like DLSS on consoles
if Cyberpunk 2077, a last gen game, is demanding to these next gen consoles then what's the point? :mjlol:
what hope do we have for this gen if last gen Cyberpunk 2077 is demanding? :mjlol:
these systems should be able to process a last gen game with zero problems with their processing speeds

Last edited: