Cynthia Nixon of "Sex in the City" fame pulls up on Cuomo, announces run for Governor

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I fukking hate Cuomo, but I knew Nixon was going to lose. I live in Buffalo, and she barely campaigned here. Buffalo is the largest area in Upstate NY, so I thought she would have made a better effort up here. Also, my wife is from Brooklyn. My in laws there barely knew who she was. Her policy ideas were dramatically better than Cuomo’s, but it doesn’t matter if no one knows them. She had a real bland personality to be a actor. This is a huge missed opportunity. A better candidate could of took him out.

Yea someone needs to come with her same platform in 4 years with some experience and more charismatic.
If it were an open race she would've won. Which begs the question, when will Cuomo step aside? Unless there is some soul crippling scandal or he's in a good position to run for president, he's probably going to keep running.

We know he has 0 chance of being president because all of his crooked BS will come to light. Which means he's going to run again. So the only person capable of knocking him off in a primary has to be an established Democratic heavyweight. Which means only De Blasio has a chance to beat him in a primary.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Teachout would of had a better chance at beating Cuomo than Nixon. At least most of the IDC are gone. If the Dems can control the Assembly, and senate we might be able to get legal marijuana, bail reform, and single payer through. If Cuomo really want to run for president, he will have a hard time vetoing those bills.
This is what's going to be extremely interesting.

He ran like Romney Democrat because he was a flake. Then when he felt safe he ran behind Obama and Hillary. Now heading into 2020 he's going to pivot into this progressive leader. If people actually think he's responsible for $15 min wage, then having this new slew of progressive legislators means he's definitely going to lie to the national electorate about his time in NY.

It's a political sleight of hand. Racist politicians get to take credit for signing civil rights legislation in 60s despite being the reason it took til the 60s to sign civil rights legislation. Conservative politicians take credit for CHIP despite being the reason that low income children need their own insurance programs (in universal healthcare there is no need for CHIP, but once you forced a Medicaid billl and a Medicare bill, you created a gap in care).

It's so evil/bad because it takes advantage of the time working class individuals have to spend on looking into politics.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you’re a straight black man, you should be concerned with the type of women Cynthia surrounded herself with.
Bruh,
Cuomo time in office has been terrible for Black men. From his anti marijuana stands, his indifference about bail/criminal justice reform, and his education policies. I’m not a fan of Nixon, but she was a better option than Cuomo. If you are concern about the LBGT community, you must not know they bought Cuomo years ago. Nixon was a much better option than corrupt ass Cuomo.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Bruh,
Cuomo time in office has been terrible for Black men. From his anti marijuana stands, his indifference about bail/criminal justice reform, and his education policies. I’m not a fan of Nixon, but she was a better option than Cuomo. If you are concern about the LBGT community, you must not know they bought Cuomo years ago. Nixon was a much better option than corrupt ass Cuomo.
Yeah, Cynthia Nixon wanted to legalize weed, expunge the criminal records of people with weed charges and put minorities at the head of the list for permits and business assistance.

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
SMFH. Im disappointed in my city. How did ya'll let this P.O.S with a third term ? Now sh*t's about to be even more f*cked up

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, Cynthia Nixon wanted to legalize weed, expunge the criminal records of people with weed charges and put minorities at the head of the list for permits and business assistance.
Yup,
Her policy agenda was great. She was just a bad campaigner, without much of a personality.

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
Dude out here happy Nixon lost when she’s better for minorities. He’s just worried a lot of the gay community is riding with her. Guess what breh if you progressive policies you need everyone on board @Atlrocafella
im pretty sure i've seen that poster say he works/worked for a bank or something of that nature so I'm sure you can guess why he doesn't like nixon :francis: