Cynthia Nixon of "Sex in the City" fame pulls up on Cuomo, announces run for Governor

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Run a better candidate.

Came here to say this. Running an Actor from Sex and the City was bullshyt but nobody with any clout wanted to risk having to deal with a vengeful Cuomo long term. She was the wild card sacrifice to force the likely candidate left like Bernie was supposed to be too Hillary. Maybe that is why Cuomo got scared. He saw what happened to Hillary not taking Bernie serious and didn't want to go into the general with that kind of smoke on him.

Anyhow Cuomo losing the IDC is going to force him to go progressive, and he didn't want to do that way because his whole national platform for the Whitehouse was going to be him running in the center and getting those rural midwest/rustbelt votes.

I didn't know the Village Voice died. Did the end of being able to advertise for prostitutes do them in? For a long time I think that had been their main revenue.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Teachout got bodied. I'm a bit surprised.

I don't think she put herself out there enough.

Did she even campaign?

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Teachout got bodied. I'm a bit surprised.

I don't think she put herself out there enough.

Did she even campaign?
She did but not often. Also, she's pregnant.

I only saw an ad for her twice. Meanwhile, I saw ads for Maloney and Letitia multiple times (especially Maloney).

Despite all of that she came in 2nd (and I voted for her). I'm going to vote for Letitia in November.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Nixon was an embarrassment. If progressives really want to hang their hat on that clown car then just hand trump the permanent door key code to the White House.

Embarrassment how? And what does voting for Nixon have to do with giving Trump a "permanent door key code"?

And I agreed with all of her policies.

Well then what made her an embarrassment if you agreed with all of her policies and she was left of Cuomo and far less corrupt than Cuomo?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
the tax dodger got washed

@wire28

Nixon was an embarrassment. If progressives really want to hang their hat on that clown car then just hand trump the permanent door key code to the White House.

And I agreed with all of her policies.

They would've had to try to find a less qualified and capable person to run.

It's an embarrassment

Last edited: