Daft_Punk-Random_Access_Memories-2013

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jesus dude, you made your case quite clear and I don't entirely disagree with you. I also don't see the fuss either. Save the paragraphs for when the next Beyonce and Lady Gaga discs leak and the threads inevitably get stickied. A wild card MUSIC thread doesn't warrant that energy to me.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
If you old heads would just sit down and fukking listen to this album
this is REAL music, maybe you just not used to it with your constant listening of trashy "golden era" rap. Music has evolved. Maybe you should too.

I only got though halfway of the album before I had to leave. In the first 7 or 8 songs there were 3 slow songs using Autontune on it :gag:

The production is good, but a little too disco from what I've heard so far

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm just pointing out that it's a stupid argument to try and exclude some forms of music from rap, especially when rap as a music is built upon theft of other music, and it's even more stupid to try and pretend like daft punk isn't influenced by hip hop at all. I could see if it was Taylor swift or something but its Daft Punk ffs.

Don't quote me c*ntsack :pachaha:

Again...then what's the point of having separate forums? Why not merge all the music forums/subforums together if your definition of rap music is so ambiguous and all encompassing? Rap/hip hop music is what it is and the Booth is supposed to be for hip hop/rap music NOT any other music that was influenced by it. Again...I'm not in here bytching about Daft Punk, I'm inquiring why it has to be stickied here when there's a subforum that was created specifically for artists such as Daft Punk.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
If you old heads would just sit down and fukking listen to this album
this is REAL music, maybe you just not used to it with your constant listening of trashy "golden era" rap. Music has evolved. Maybe you should too.

Man STFU with this old head shyt. You don't know who the fukk is posting...what their age is, what they look like, their race. The fukk stating the obvious...that Daft Punk an't hip hop...have to do with a nikka age?

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Again...then what's the point of having separate forums? Why not merge all the music forums/subforums together if your definition of rap music is so ambiguous and all encompassing? Rap/hip hop music is what it is and the Booth is supposed to be for hip hop/rap music NOT any other music that was influenced by it. Again...I'm not in here bytching about Daft Punk, I'm inquiring why it has to be stickied here when there's a subforum that was created specifically for artists such as Daft Punk.

They should do that. Just have one big music forum. But I bet you'd still bytch :skip:

And saying that Daft Punk is influenced by hip-hop because they sample music and make music that is akin to the music that hip-hop was birthed from isn't all that ambiguous or all-encompassing

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
They should do that. Just have one big music forum. But I bet you'd still bytch :skip:

And saying that Daft Punk is influenced by hip-hop because they sample music and make music that is akin to the music that hip-hop was birthed from isn't all that ambiguous or all-encompassing

Yea it is. Rap/hip hop music is what it is. Nowadays there's a million and 10 music acts that was influenced, one way or another, by hip hop. Still don't make it hip hop. And if the Coli was to turn into one big music forum I won't bytch. I'll just leave. I have no interest in that.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
I can see why it was possibly stickied.

-one of the biggest releases in any genre in recent memory
-they do incorporate many hip-hop elements in their music
-it definitely got more views because it posted here and not in Left Field.

Just out of curiosity, I need to pose this question.....now if a hip-hop artist chooses to jack EDM instrumentals from other albums for a mix tape (like Lupe has done for example) is it still considered hip-hop just because he's rhyming over the same instrumentals that someone else might be singing over in auto-tune?

Point is, the way music has changed, the way different artist collaborate, etc....is there really anything left that differentiates genres anymore?

-Quikness-

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not hip hop but i guess theres no crime stickying it in the spot ..

been looking forward to this,anyone got a working link?

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Man STFU with this old head shyt. You don't know who the fukk is posting...what their age is, what they look like, their race. The fukk stating the obvious...that Daft Punk an't hip hop...have to do with a nikka age?

cotdamn you angry
ole high blood pressure ass fakkit!!