Dame Dash on the BreakFast Club this morning, nikka angry for no reason

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I could start a lemonade stand with little money, doesnt mean its a good idea. Funny how u got quiet on all the other points though. Nah, u didnt get me bruh. U "working for the man is for suckers" clowns are all the same.... u argue for pride instead of for money and logic. Keep in mind, I HAVE MY OWN BUSINESS. My wife has her own business. AND WE WORK TOO. Yall are more focused on how a nikka gets his money instead of how much hes getting.... when at the end of the day its how much u make thats what matters.
:snoop:

I said from the very beginning I was Control over Money... you're arguing just to argue breh.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I could start a lemonade stand with little money, doesnt mean its a good idea. Funny how u got quiet on all the other points though. Nah, u didnt get me bruh. U "working for the man is for suckers" clowns are all the same.... u argue for pride instead of for money and logic. Keep in mind, I HAVE MY OWN BUSINESS. My wife has her own business. AND WE WORK TOO. Yall are more focused on how a nikka gets his money instead of how much hes getting.... when at the end of the day its how much u make thats what matters.

The sad part is people have successful lemonade stands, hot dog stands, people are successful selling cookies. I would never do any of that shyt. But my passion isnt lemonade, hot dogs or cookies. If we go by the thoughts in this thread those successful people should have never ever tried it or even be doing it now.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The sad part is people have successful lemonade stands, hot dog stands, people are successful selling cookies. I would never do any of that shyt. But my passion isnt lemonade, hot dogs or cookies. If we go by the thoughts in this thread those successful people should have never ever tried it or even be doing it now.
There's a strong defeatist attitude and slave mentality out here that needs to be eliminated. That's what it comes down to. But what do you expect? The public school system in this country is literally designed to raise sophisticated workers and people who'll need to depend on others for the rest of their lives.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They were partners.

They could not hire or fire him.

They could not give him orders. Bosses do that to employees, Dame did not fit that criteria while being the CEO of Roc-a-Fella.

I don't know the details of their arrangement, and whether or not they could give him order didn't matter, because they still have the final say. There are degrees to control. Def Jam could move release dates, so that makes you a little more than a partner, because you have to go through them. Universal could have told Def Jam that they would not distribute anything under the Roc-a-fella banner, so where would that leave Dame? If Roc was a 50/16.6-16.6-16.7 split, if Biggs or Jay wanted him gone, he would have been ousted. He would retain ownership in that company, but not be at that position. He was at the mercy of Def Jam; that's all I'm saying. He couldn't do everything he wanted without them at least saying okay. Maybe they gave him free reign, but what if they didn't? CEO beef with parent companies every day.

JustRob

Rookie
Daps
I haven't really followed Dame too much in the past 15 years or so. I used to have respect for how him and jay came up. I'm sure I didn't know all the details and I can't say I cared to but from what I did know I respect their hustle.

This is the first I've really listened to Dame in over a decade. I know he's been outchea talking crazy for a while based on what other people have told me but this is the first time for me to hear him myself. This interview made me lose whatever respect I had left for Dame. He's talking nonsense with this 'boss' shyt. Real men don't have bosses? Yea OK, he's delusional foh. Dame strikes me as real insecure now. I can't respect that. I can't finish listening to this I feel like his fukkery is making me lose brain cells by the minute.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you fukking retarded? He asked me to name a business that could be started with next to nothing, not what's the most profitable business you could possibly start. Stop moving goalposts. I understand you love being a worker, and that's on you, I support your slavery breh, but you gotta fall back on this one.

nah cock sucker take your sonning who the fukk is gonna open a non viable sure to fail or non profitable business. shoe shining is more viable.
:snoop:

I said from the very beginning I was Control over Money... you're arguing just to argue breh.

how much control you clowns think a business owner have over a worker? you still have to answer to customers, creditors, regulators, employees, etc or are you one of those clowns that think owning a business is all about flossing, going home when you want, and getting your dikk sucked

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
There's a strong defeatist attitude and slave mentality out here that needs to be eliminated. That's what it comes down to. But what do you expect? The public school system in this country is literally designed to raise sophisticated workers and people who'll need to depend on others for the rest of their lives.

:ohhh:

:clap:

christinasade

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1) Yes he did

2) Slapping some stickers on motor oil is hardly getting into the motor oil business, and thats about as far as Dame got into it

3) Smart businessmen use their own money as little as possible, these are facts. The business world is not like the streets where if you dont pay what you owe you get killed.

4) What businesses can u start without saving? Could Dame have started Rocafella w/o seed money? :comeon:

nikkas see a black man with money talking arrogant and get :ohhh::blessed::gladbron::krs::ahh::noah:..... in reality tho Dame is patting himself on the back under the guise of terrible advice. We will NEVER move ahead as a people if we keep valuing people who bring flash over substance. Dame struck the lotto when he found Jay.... he hasnt had a success since Rocafella folded

Rachel Roy wants to have a word with you

And yes I'm aware he wasn't the only one who gave her money

But the fact that he saw success in her, says he knows wat he's doing.

The overall point is black people need more owners. Period.

You and everyone else can be on the I hate same dash bandwagon, but he's right.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said "must" but im building him up and encouraging him to spread his wings, doesnt have to be tomorrow or even this year, but like I said in 10- 20 years the dude will have what it takes to have more control and be his own boss. Yall would rather clip his wings and make every single excuse in the world why he shouldnt even look to the possibility of being more than he is right now. He's not lucky or blessed, he's worked hard to get where he is at and can continue to go further. Hell I can understand and respect that ya'll would quit while youre ahead, but thats not the mentality that got him to where he is, which is largely the difference between successful and unsuccessful people.

nikka who the fukk are you:what: dude most likely got more bread than you'll ever see in your life but you want to build him up. not everyone want to be an owner or is cut out to be one but guess what if his kids want to be his investments and savings now will make sure that they have a good chance of making it.

what you dudes don't get is that entrepreneurs are born from a healthy middle and upper middle class not dudes just wanting to be bosses. y'all making it seem like dame spitting some rare knowledge about black business ownership when outlets like black enterprise and other have been preaching it for years. a matter of fact a shyt load of black businesses open every year but most fail mainly because of lack of access to capital and connections so unless there are more of us with disposable income (ie middle class) and generational wealth (ie middle class for a few generations) you would never see a healthy black entrepreneurial class and dudes like dame discouraging kids to go out there and work and acquire skills which would get more of us in the middle class is hurting that cause. dude is poison.

Last edited:

christinasade

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1) Okay, I'll take your word for it.

2) That's Dame's business, not mine, so that's whatever.

3) What do you consider "smart"? And how is that a fact? It's your opinion, a flimsy and highly debatable one at that. Taking out a loan and then not being able to pay it back, going into debt and bankruptcy, losing your business, having your personal finances fukked up because you used your personal assets as collateral... because these are all very real possibilities that often happen to people who borrow to start their business. :yeshrug: But that's on you, do you, I don't care.

4) There are hundreds of businesses you can start without saving, with very little or no money. Just Google it (or I guess my statement doesn't count if I don't detail step-by-step the whole situation for y'all). You could probably start a promotional business right now with the money you've got in your pocket. Nobody is expecting you to start a business that grosses $500 million out of the gate, which is what I think some of you guys assume.

IN REGARDS TO #4 THATS EXACTLY WHAT MEXICANS ASIANS AND ARABS DO.

THEIR BUSINESS'S DONT MAKE MILLIONS A YEAR LOL THEY JUST HAVE ALOT OF SMALL JOINS

AND COLLECTIVELY THEY MAKE BANK, ISNT THAT THE GROUP ECONOMICS THG COLI KEEPS

TALKING ABOUT?

IRONICALLY, THE MONEY THEY GET COMES FROM OUR POCKETS. MONEY THAT COULD BE SPENT

OPENING OUR OWN SMALL JOINTS AND COLLECTIVELY BUILDING WEALTH.

BUT I GUESS THECOLI FEELS DIFFERENT NOW THAT DAME DASH SAID IT.