Dame Dash on the BreakFast Club this morning, nikka angry for no reason

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Howard has his own show and own fans. Theres plenty of people who like Chatty Patty that watch the show for his jokes and antics and dont really care about Envy. Howard is more liable to stand up and say something even if theres going to be public backlash whereas Envy would just keep it quiet and play it safe. That how journalism\radio personality is...sometimes you have to step on toes. receive some legitimate angry emails or calls about your views or something you said. Otherwise youre just a radio voice, you are the equivalent of someone whos job it is to say "That was Chris Brown featuring Tyga up next we have Katy Perry featuring Juicy J- Stay Tuned to KFAB 101.3- Your source for top hit music"

:what:so. maybe that's just his personality or he doesn't want to be a fukking shock jock or maybe he don't want to deal with all the shyt and risk that comes with running a business you seem to be ignoring. dude seem to be doing well as is who the hell are you or dame dash to say he must do more than he's doing. i bet Envy is way more well of than dame.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Go out and start a car washing service right now (I'm assuming it's warm where you are as well), and you could literally be washing cars in your yard, some parking lot, or taking them to a fukking coin machine car wash for people. Thanks for the bonus point. Or you could simply take something you're good at (I have no idea what that would be for you) and start a business selling that service, or a consulting service. That's going to cost you the time to advertise on Craigslist or on a Facebook page or something like that.
You need soap, you need access to water, you need land, you need laundry. Where I am it's warm and land is cheap, but what about somewhere like NYC? Plus why would anyone come to me to wash their car by hand for like an hour when they could just go to a drive through and be in and out in 5 minutes for the same money?

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anderson Cooper is still an employee though.

My dad had a very successful business... pulled in a million a year in revenue at its peak.... but he is not a good person and I still had to learn a lot of shyt about decency on my own. Owning a business has no bearing on how well a parent can teach their kids how to be good people.

Anderson Cooper is a brand though, he could quit CNN today and be on MSNBC tomorrow (unless he has some contract clause)

I apologize that your pops didnt have integrity. As I stated the lessons Ive been taught werent just one time things, they were instilled in me from the time I was a child sittin on my dads lap in his office, to graduating high school and even stopping by today. Life long lessons. Most people dont begin to get those lessons until they get a job which at 14-15 etc its too late.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:what:so. maybe that's just his personality or he doesn't want to be a fukking shock jock or maybe he don't want to deal with all the shyt and risk that comes with running a business you seem to be ignoring. dude seem to be doing well as is who the hell are you or dame dash to say he must do more than he's doing. i bet Envy is way more well of than dame.
Plus Howard is still a worker too. His leash is just a little longer than Envy's.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You need soap, you need access to water, you need land, you need laundry. Where I am it's warm and land is cheap, but what about somewhere like NYC? Plus why would anyone come to me to wash their car by hand for like an hour when they could just go to a drive through and be in and out in 5 minutes for the same money?
Breh, you asked me to name a business you could start with no money or little money, I did it. And you brought the kind of deflecting response I assumed you would rather than say "Ok, you got me." With your defeatist attitude/slave mentality, I'm surprised you even decided to get out of the bed this morning. Debate's over.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I dont think he meant that as bluntly as people are taking it, he even said interning and such can be good, its ok to have a job--but to have a job forever, isnt necessarily ok.and America used to stand for that. Then it became just working safely until retirement, then it became being lucky to have a job and get a check.

A supervisor or bosses job isnt to keep you under theirb boots but raise you up, so theres no reason to be in the same role for 5 10 years that's typically entry level--unless you truly love it. Like obviously if your at McDonalds for 3-4 years supervisor or boss should be looking to make you shift manager, assistant manager something, not just patting you on the head and saying "Good job, see you tomorrow"

Where do yall get these jobs that dont encourage growth?

So when dame says "you can't be proud if you have a boss" or whatever he really meant "strive for the best"? Those are two entirely different opinions my man. The way society is structured there must be 'workers'! You need a dude who will show up at 6am to push the button for 10 hours. You need a dude who will move boxes. You need someone who will teach 4+3. You need someone who knows the difference between sodium and potassium. Even if you decide to start your own business or develop your own product, you must have investors that purchase your product. If they say "fukk you I wont buy it unless ________ is different" and you adapt doesn't that make them your boss? Dame's approach is ignorant and reeks of a 15 year old's logic.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Anderson Cooper is a brand though, he could quit CNN today and be on MSNBC tomorrow (unless he has some contract clause)
Again, hed still be a worker though. He still wouldnt be the boss. He cant turn around and start the Anderson Cooper network.... but thats pretty much what you said Envy should do. In some businesses, but ESPECIALLY media, access to a big platform (with the reach, ad money, infrastructure) etc is worth a lot more materially than having the ability to say "I'm a boss". In my opinion, if striking out on your own isn't a clear path to more money, there is no value in it.

I apologize that your pops didnt have integrity. As I stated the lessons Ive been taught werent just one time things, they were instilled in me from the time I was a child sittin on my dads lap in his office, to graduating high school and even stopping by today. Life long lessons. Most people dont begin to get those lessons until they get a job which at 14-15 etc its too late.
Like I keep asking though, what lessons has your pops taught you that a man working at a job couldn't? Workers don't have to work hard? Workers don't have to have integrity? Your pops did well for himself, struck out on his own. That's good. But that had no bearing on his ability to teach you well. He would have taught you well working a job. The way a man makes his money does not define his character.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's the opposite.... people who take risks a lot know the difference between smart risks and dumb risks. Staking out to be a "boss" with no capital, no skills, no business acumen is idiotic.

breh these clowns are lost. the most fundamental thing of the capitalist system is ability to move capital to those who have it to those that can make use of it and it have been working and creating wealth for generations but someone it's wrong and dame dash is right that every man must fund his own ventures:beli:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I never said "must" but im building him up and encouraging him to spread his wings, doesnt have to be tomorrow or even this year, but like I said in 10- 20 years the dude will have what it takes to have more control and be his own boss. Yall would rather clip his wings and make every single excuse in the world why he shouldnt even look to the possibility of being more than he is right now. He's not lucky or blessed, he's worked hard to get where he is at and can continue to go further. Hell I can understand and respect that ya'll would quit while youre ahead, but thats not the mentality that got him to where he is, which is largely the difference between successful and unsuccessful people.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, you asked me to name a business you could start with no money or little money, I did it. And you brought the kind of deflecting response I assumed you would rather than say "Ok, you got me." With your defeatist attitude/slave mentality, I'm surprised you even decided to get out of the bed this morning. Debate's over.

nikka are you retarded:russ: you really think someone washing cars by hand is a viable business model when it can be done by a machine in minutes and way cheaper

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I could start a lemonade stand with little money, doesnt mean its a good idea. Funny how u got quiet on all the other points though. Nah, u didnt get me bruh. U "working for the man is for suckers" clowns are all the same.... u argue for pride instead of for money and logic. Keep in mind, I HAVE MY OWN BUSINESS. My wife has her own business. AND WE WORK TOO. Yall are more focused on how a nikka gets his money instead of how much hes getting.... when at the end of the day its how much u make thats what matters.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka are you retarded:russ: you really think someone washing cars by hand is a viable business model when it can be done by a machine in minutes and way cheaper
Are you fukking retarded? He asked me to name a business that could be started with next to nothing, not what's the most profitable business you could possibly start. Stop moving goalposts. I understand you love being a worker, and that's on you, I support your slavery breh, but you gotta fall back on this one.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Again, hed still be a worker though. He still wouldnt be the boss. He cant turn around and start the Anderson Cooper network.... but thats pretty much what you said Envy should do. In some businesses, but ESPECIALLY media, access to a big platform (with the reach, ad money, infrastructure) etc is worth a lot more materially than having the ability to say "I'm a boss". In my opinion, if striking out on your own isn't a clear path to more money, there is no value in it.

Like I keep asking though, what lessons has your pops taught you that a man working at a job couldn't? Workers don't have to work hard? Workers don't have to have integrity? Your pops did well for himself, struck out on his own. That's good. But that had no bearing on his ability to teach you well. He would have taught you well working a job. The way a man makes his money does not define his character.

I never said Envy has to buy a radio station, I simply said the nikka could have his own show, and control (invite who he wants on, talk about what he wants to talk about)

Like I said and i'll say it again, these lessons were instilled and reinforced over time, not just a one drop lesson. I learned punctuality from being there at times when my pops unlocked the doors before the first client came. Other nikkas learn it through their first verbal or written warning, same lesson just mine was more warm

So when dame says "you can't be proud if you have a boss" or whatever he really meant "strive for the best"? Those are two entirely different opinions my man. The way society is structured there must be 'workers'! You need a dude who will show up at 6am to push the button for 10 hours. You need a dude who will move boxes. You need someone who will teach 4+3. You need someone who knows the difference between sodium and potassium. Even if you decide to start your own business or develop your own product, you must have investors that purchase your product. If they say "fukk you I wont buy it unless ________ is different" and you adapt doesn't that make them your boss? Dame's approach is ignorant and reeks of a 15 year old's logic.

Theres no reason to be the button pusher for 10 hours a day for 10 years though, im certain you can see the problem with that. Again I dont know what jobs people have that dont encourage some sort of growth.