Dame Dash on the BreakFast Club this morning, nikka angry for no reason

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
We aren't out here on some "slave shyt" and discouraging black business. We have a problem with Dame not giving substance to that idea. I and others have already outlined why you can't just "start a radio show", why you shouldn't use your own money in most cases to start a business, and how savings and equity function to grow a business.

There isn't any hate there nor is there a defeatist attitude. It's telling you that you need to do some critical thinking and understand how the system works before you ruin your life listening to a man that is selling his "success" but won't tell you about the failures. If you want to break the system learn how it works instead of jumping in with no knowledge and losing it all.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Will you get the fukk out of here with this all or nothing thinking? Nobody in this entire thread said 'only' anything. What Ive said from the beginning is that Envy can and should be his own boss being that he is established but some c00ns are like :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: "not everyone is cut out to be a boss, some people can only go so far. having a boss for the rest of your life isnt a bad thing." Theyve been whipped to the point where they only-now im saying only- want mediocrity the find comfort from licking the scraps that the hands feed them.if that helps you sleep at night, hey thats cool. its not my job to make you happy.

now about integrity/responsibility i learned it the good way,from a pops who has something whether it be a talent, a business, smarts. Most fatherless kids, and deadbeat dad having b*stards learn responsibility and integrity from movies, school, their first job like mcdonalds and shyt----:yeshrug: :pachaha: it just is what it is. At the end of the day the same lessons are learned..
So you look at Envy as someone who is being exploited? You feel sorry for him?

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's a strong defeatist attitude and slave mentality out here that needs to be eliminated. That's what it comes down to. But what do you expect? The public school system in this country is literally designed to raise sophisticated workers and people who'll need to depend on others for the rest of their lives.
|
|
V
nikka who the fukk are you:what: dude most likely got more bread than you'll ever see in your live but you want to build him up. not everyone want to be an owner or is cut out to be one but guess what if his kids want to be his investments and savings now will make sure that they have a good chance of making it.

what you dudes don't get is that entrepreneurs are born from a healthy middle and upper middle class not dudes just wanting to be bosses. y'all making it seem like dame spitting some rare knowledge about black business ownership when outlets like black enterprise and other have been preaching it for years. a matter of fact a shyt load of black businesses open every year but most fail mainly because of lack of access to capital and connections so unless there are more of us with disposable income (ie middle class) and generational wealth (ie middle class for a few generations) you would never see a healthy black entrepreneurial class and dudes like dame discouraging kids to go out there and work and acquire skills which would get more of us in the middle class is hurting that cause. dude is poison.

Your excuses are going to the death of you. Would you say some slaves didnt want to be freed? That they just werent cut out for life outside the plantation? Im not saying working is slavery,im showing you how there is always an excuse and there were likely people who said those things too. Dame said its ok to intern and have bosses, but you dont need bosses all your life.

Like how the fukk can you do something 20 years and no be a boss? Like if you worked at Kroger (a grocery store) and stacked boxes for a number of years you'd be like the box supervisor or some shyt, its almost impossible to stagnate in this life. Granted most people are living life having new job after new job every 3-5 5-10 years and thats how they live, they never stay long enough to become a boss. I dont think you can fully comprehend how much knowledge and experience a person has at the same company for 10 years. That doesnt mean you need to be the CEO or owner.

People should want control. How the hell are you going to work somewhere 10 years and have a shyt schedule? bytching like "Man I gotta work nights" or "I have to go in saturday.."How are you going to work somewhere 10 years? and out of college kid who has worked there 3 years becomes your boss, makes your schedule, tells you "You didnt do as well as last year but you'll receive a .55 raise"

The fact that some people are ok with that shyt baffles me.

Last edited:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
an important point dame made, lost in all the handwringing about his arrogance is this. lyor doesnt even like rap music.:comeon: the dude who along with jimmy iovine was the most powerful rap executive of the 90's and 2000's dont even like the music he was pimping. if that aint a culture vulture i dont know what is. if you dont like the music made by these black people from poor communities, i wonder what he thought about black people who were poor or even in general. and what kind of person wouldnt see the significance of rocafella bringing out michael jackson at summer jam . the biggest superstar in history acknowledging these street dudes as peers, and lyor didnt give a damn. fk that cac.:camby:dame spitting game but yall missing the forest for the trees caught up on his personality.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Except you don't have to quit your job to have a business. Sooooo.....

Nah but Dame said there#s no respect in having a boss. Charlamagne and them were trying to make the point you can work and use your money made to fund your businesses. Dame wasn't having that. If you have a boss you aint a man he says :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dame is that nicca most of us know...a beta, feminine ass nicca who over compensates for his insecurities by being louder than you and saying shyt he thinks will hurt you...in essence the tactics of a woman. Ain't shyt "alpha" about Dame...all the bluster and bravado is a way of masking a sensitive, insecure man. Shyt is so obvious...it was obvious when I was a young nicca watching the Hard Knock tour. Dame always trying to lecture folks on what a man is and what defines a man...this dude is so far removed from how an actual "alpha" moves, behaves and reacts it's ridiculous.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So you look at Envy as someone who is being exploited? You feel sorry for him?

No, I trust Envy knows his limits and limitations. I feel bad for people who poison the waters and clip the wings of others who aspire to be something or someone more. It saddens me and sickens me that people have this slave mentality or the slave masters mentality. The slave mentality being "Well i dont want to, im better off, i cant, im not supposed to" and the slave masters mentality being "Well statistically most businesses fail, causing debt, uncertainty and unhappiness, you really are better off being happy with what little you have, these are just smart business decisions"

You think a janitor at school knows he cant be more than a janitor at school is going to aspire to own a cleaning company? There will always be minions, people who arent smart enough, or have the desire to be a boss or a leader, who will work until they die. Then there are people that are smart enough, have the desire, the passion that get flamed out by people saying shyt like "I mean the NBA is a stretch...your good at ball, but not NBA good. You're 18, get a job at UPS." or "Why do you want to be comedian or do movies? You know how many people dont make it to TV or the big screen?"

It's like ya'll are being paid to break nikkas down. You can be realistic like tell your son, the probability of him being an MLB pitcher is not very high, but still take him to the field and sign him up. Ya'll nikkas are dream crushers.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
They were partners.

They could not hire or fire him.

They could not give him orders. Bosses do that to employees, Dame did not fit that criteria while being the CEO of Roc-a-Fella.
They could make him sell his shares, they could Fire him if they got the support from either Biggs or Jay.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
No, I trust Envy knows his limits and limitations. I feel bad for people who poison the waters and clip the wings of others who aspire to be something or someone more. It saddens me and sickens me that people have this slave mentality or the slave masters mentality. The slave mentality being "Well i dont want to, im better off, i cant, im not supposed to" and the slave masters mentality being "Well statistically most businesses fail, causing debt, uncertainty and unhappiness, you really are better off being happy with what little you have, these are just smart business decisions"

You think a janitor at school knows he cant be more than a janitor at school is going to aspire to own a cleaning company? There will always be minions, people who arent smart enough, or have the desire to be a boss or a leader, who will work until they die. Then there are people that are smart enough, have the desire, the passion that get flamed out by people saying shyt like "I mean the NBA is a stretch...your good at ball, but not NBA good. You're 18, get a job at UPS." or "Why do you want to be comedian or do movies? You know how many people dont make it to TV or the big screen?"

It's like ya'll are being paid to break nikkas down. You can be realistic like tell your son, the probability of him being an MLB pitcher is not very high, but still take him to the field and sign him up. Ya'll nikkas are dream crushers.

Stop it. Nobody in this thread is out here cutting the music to your hoop dreams soundtrack. We are telling you be wary and knowledgeable of your surroundings. LEARN how business fail. Figure out how to generate revenue. Yall out here on some "stop hating on Dame he's inspiring us" tip. Fine. But when the dummies take his advice, end up thousands of dollar in debt and homeless on the street then what? You gonna go inspire that man or woman with another :duck:?