DAMN. on pace to outsell More Life, Drake will be uncrowned for highest rap debut in 2017 (550k now)

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
These "numbers don't matter" ass nikka wanna talk numbers now? :mjgrin:

Drake is the biggest name in Hip-Hop today, don't even try to debate this.

The Booth stays on Drake's dikk harder than Drake fans :dame:

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I agree 100% because too many people celebrate the first week and dont even care what happens after that.

but lets be real -- kendirck will continue to move units well after the first week. he has traditionally done that with his past 2 albums (both plat)

cole, drake and kendrick always move units tbh

Congrats to Kendrick even though this is what it SHOULDNT be about. fukk what your album sells the week it comes out. You want that shyt to be moving numbers 5 or 6 months down the line if you really want to win. Cause with Drake you know he's going to move some units once it starts releasing some singles of his playlist.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
These "numbers don't matter" ass nikka wanna talk numbers now? :mjgrin:

Drake is the biggest name in Hip-Hop today, don't even try to debate this.

The Booth stays on Drake's dikk harder than Drake fans :dame:
I think the point is, with the type of music they make. The numbers shouldn't be close.

BocaRear

Daps
I think the point is, with the type of music they make. The numbers shouldn't be close.

What do you mean "type of music"?

This is the problem with Kendrick fans.

They act like Kendrick is some sort inaccessible high brow artist that you "need a certain level of intelligence to get" :mjlol:

Kendrick is a mainstream rap artist just as Drake is, except Drake is simply better at it.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
What do you mean "type of music"?

This is the problem with Kendrick fans.

They act like Kendrick is some sort inaccessible high brow artist that you "need a certain level of intelligence to get" :mjlol:

Kendrick is a mainstream rap artist just as Drake is, except Drake is simply better at it.
I never said that.

Drake literally has dancehall tracks and pop music all over his album

Which are designed to played in a certain setting, clubs parties etc

Kendricks album, save for maybe two tracks are not designed for clubs and parties yet the numbers are similar.

And Kendrick is a bigger hip hop star than drake in 2017. Easily,

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It was meant to come out but they didn't. Right now amazon says April 28

I only know this because I was planning to make this the first Drake album I've actually bought lol.
Nope. Maybe YOUR country doesn't have until then.

I can literally order it off Amazon right now if I wanted

You stay exposing yourself. You also claimed pnd 2 was never available on cd :dead:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Joe Budden is not a drake hater, This the problem with you nikkas. Just because he criticized one drake album hes a "hater" even though he has praised drake his entire career. More life was received better than views. Damn is being heralded as the standard of excellence to beat this year. Theres critical acclaim and then theres nikkas just like your new shyt better than your last shyt. know the difference.

all of kendrick albums have been considered by many to be era defining pieces. Drake projects not garnering that type of acclaim and you know it

"Era defining pieces" lol nicca sounds so pretentious. I don't care what these white publications think that much but More Life was drake most critically acclaimed album (meta critic) last time I checked though so...

I have bought every kendrick album so you don't need to argue their quality to me. Drake resonates in a different way though. A very tangible way. As in you go outside you hear the music in parities and social settings. You hear his words quoted A LOT.

Kendrick music is made for those pitchfork type reviews.
Kendrick DAMN has the highest metacritic score of all time lmao. Do you agree with it being he best album of all one of close ? Please answer this so I gauge who I'm talking to :pachaha:

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
How many years has Kendrick been running the game , putting out consistent features/projects :comeon:

Cause he's a notorious

Waverider.jpg

And will take any deal they throw at him. He'll show up for SNL but not to a video shoot if an artist he "got inspiration" from and did a feature with.

BocaRear

Daps
I never said that.

Drake literally has dancehall tracks and pop music all over his album

Which are designed to played in a certain setting, clubs parties etc

Kendricks album, save for maybe two tracks are not designed for clubs and parties yet the numbers are similar.

And Kendrick is a bigger hip hop star than drake in 2017. Easily,

And Drake also has a lot of Grime/Dancehall influenced tracks on his album too.
You talk as if he doesn't get criticised for pushing the boundaries by infusing dancehall & grime into his music.

Drake is a better artist and a bigger star, hands down.

Unlike Kendrick his albums are experimental and don't sound contrived. Kendrick appeals to Pitchfork CACs.

Also the bolded is just delusion.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
You talk as if he doesn't get criticised for pushing the boundaries by infusing dancehall & grime into his music.

Unlike Kendrick his albums are experimental and don't sound contrived. Kendrick appeals to Pitchfork CACs.

everything you said is false.

If Drake is a bigger star than Kendrick which is debatable at this point .

They're heading in opposite directions.

Kenny on the rise still and Drake declining.

Kendricks albums are experimental and just better

No one has a bigger white audience than Drake.

Everybody, everywhere is playing this Kendrick album. More Life has died down and doesn't have a higher peaking song than Humble.

No one in their right mind would take Drake over Kendrick as an artist

Can't write like Kendrick, and neither one are producers. But Kendrick has a better ear.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

It's weird - I notice how people on this site hate on experimental dudes who are actually pushing the sound forward. You know - the guys that everyone ends up copying but people pretend they don't. In this generation, no artists have pushed the sound further than Drake, ASAP Rocky and Lil B.