DAMN. on pace to outsell More Life, Drake will be uncrowned for highest rap debut in 2017 (550k now)

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
everything you said is false.

If Drake is a bigger star than Kendrick which is debatable at this point .

They're heading in opposite directions.

Kenny on the rise still and Drake declining.

Kendricks albums are experimental and just better

No one has a bigger white audience than Drake.

Everybody, everywhere is playing this Kendrick album. More Life has died down and doesn't have a higher peaking song than Humble.

Kenny is on the rise and Drake is on the decline? What planet do you live on? Drake is literally the biggest hip hop star on the planet.:gucci:

Kendrick's albums aren't experimental at all, it's rehashed versions of the same old tired tropes; except this time with an alien voice sprinkled over it and occasionally a trap beat.

And I would beg to differ, no one has a bigger white audience than Drake because NO ONE has a bigger audience than Drake :mjlol:
Kendrick panders to CAC music critics, he doesn't do anything that is exceptional.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Kenny is on the rise and Drake is on the decline? What planet do you live on? Drake is literally the biggest hip hop star on the planet.:gucci:

Kendrick's albums aren't experimental at all, it's rehashed versions of the same old tired tropes; except this time with an alien voice sprinkled over it and occasionally a trap beat.

And I would beg to differ, no one has a bigger white audience than Drake because NO ONE has a bigger audience than Drake :mjlol:
Kendrick panders to CAC music critics, he doesn't do anything that is exceptional.
:mjlol: ok

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
:dead:

2 UK feats on a 20+ song album is "experimental" now

drake is the safest artist of this generation

its cool tho. pitbull and flo rida make safe music too.

You guys are musically retarded. There was literally flavours from accross the globe on that album and all you heard was 2 UK features?

:mjlol: From African, UK, carribean, US, Hip Hop, House,

There literally isn't a project I can think of that has done similar. Also promoting it as a playlist (by October firm) and having that format

who killin it?

the fakes get exposed
Daps
You guys are musically retarded. There was literally flavours from accross the globe on that album and all you heard was 2 UK features?

:mjlol: From African, UK, carribean, US, Hip Hop, House,

There literally isn't a project I can think of that has done similar. Also promoting it as a playlist (by October firm) and having that format

drake got the idea from akon, dummy :umad:

"b...b...but making pop records pandering to different markets across world isn't safe... its "experimental"
:mjlol:

leave it to drake stans to derail thread topics when they furious :fire:

:laugh:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

I swear breh - this is how I know all this acclaim is marketing bullshyt. It's so obvious how cliche Ducktales is but his team is trying so hard to pull off that con :laugh: And it'll only work on casual and non hip hop fans. People who really listen to this genre aren't fooled.

What's the difference between this and King Kunta? An alien voice and a bullshyt chorus - I'll let you figure out which is which.

Kendrick is out here repackaging stale ideas like "Kung Fu Kenny" from Rush Hour 2 (a decent but ultimately disposable film) and not even giving any kind of insight into that shyt. Just doing it to slide into the minds of average people everywhere :laugh:

Trying to hop on Metro Boomin years after Drake made him hot. Hopped on T-Minus years after Drake made him hot. Hopped on Boi-1da years after Drake made him hot. Hop on Mike Will years after Future and Rae Srummnd made him hot. Work with Pharrell, Alchemist and 9th Wonder because they're recognizable names to the flabby so flabby nikkas don't hate on him. Hop on Hit-Boy after Jay-Z and ASAP Rocky made him hot. Just hilarious. Dude is wild trash

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
drake got the idea from akon, dummy :umad:

"b...b...but making pop records pandering to different markets across world isn't safe... its "experimental"
:mjlol:

leave it to drake stans to derail thread topics when they furious :fire:

:laugh:

I don't even get the point you're trying to make right now. Already shown you don't know what you're talking about.

DAMN still a very good album by the way :wow:
I don't need to hate to prop up my favourite artists.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
I swear breh - this is how I know all this acclaim is marketing bullshyt. It's so obvious how cliche Ducktales is but his team is trying so hard to pull off that con :laugh: And it'll only work on casual and non hip hop fans. People who really listen to this genre aren't fooled.

What's the difference between this and King Kunta? An alien voice and a bullshyt chorus - I'll let you figure out which is which.

Kendrick is out here repackaging stale ideas like "Kung Fu Kenny" from Rush Hour 2 (a decent but ultimately disposable film) and not even giving any kind of insight into that shyt. Just doing it to slide into the minds of average people everywhere :laugh:

Trying to hop on Metro Boomin years after Drake made him hot. Hopped on T-Minus years after Drake made him hot. Hopped on Boi-1da years after Drake made him hot. Hop on Mike Will years after Future and Rae Srummnd made him hot. Work with Pharrell, Alchemist and 9th Wonder because they're recognizable names to the flabby so flabby nikkas don't hate on him. Hop on Hit-Boy after Jay-Z and ASAP Rocky made him hot. Just hilarious. Dude is wild trash

It's not even that Kendrick is trash tho. It's that he's pretty average and plays it safe in an era where hip-hop is changing and experimenting.

This invites the "real hip hop :flabbynsick:" folks to come out in droves and laud him as the second coming of Pac :dead:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
It's not even that Kendrick is trash tho. It's that he's pretty average and plays it safe in an era where hip-hop is changing and experimenting.

This invites the "real hip hop :flabbynsick:" folks to come out in droves and laud him as the second coming of Pac :dead:

alien voice + 8th grade bars = automatic trash

dude is so damn safe. When an old cat says they like Kendrick, I know they're washed up. You can just see it in their eyes :russ:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
no hate coming from here son -- just stop with the clown ass "b...b...but views 2.0 was experimental" excuses

It was experimental but thats not an excuse. The sh*t did well. I don't even think Kendrick will outsell More Life overall the way More Life is streaming. But if he can that's dope too.

If we stick to facts.
More life is a digital release only
It was marketed as "a Playlist by October Firm"
It was was a short week release (a day late, saturday)
There's been no video

There's a few factors that may give Kendrick an edge to sell slightly more for the first week.

You guys just remember that numbers matter now :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously I love TPAB and think it's Kendrick's best album but I know it was somewhat divisive with fans who wanted GKMC 2.0. DAMN.'s success could be chalked up in part to many people seeing it as a return to the sound they wanted, plus there are a couple "radio" tracks on it.

Humble and DNA are dominating streaming charts right now, with Loyalty and Element no far behind. He found a nice balance between his artistic vision and what fans want. I would have never guessed the album would be this BIG. The numbers are insane.

Makes me curious what he'll do next. Terrace Martin said that while doing TPAB Kendrick was saying the next album had to go in opposite direction. End result was Jazz/funk to trap/rock/alternative. But where do you go from here? Whatever he does I'd imagine it won't be as drastic as TPAB. There will be some trap

I don't think he'll ever go as extreme as TPAB. He took that risk and proved that point already. He got 1-2 years to figure out what direction to go. They probably focused on pushing this album, and the summer touring season right now.

who killin it?

the fakes get exposed
Daps
It was experimental but thats not an excuse. The sh*t did well. I don't even think Kendrick will outsell More Life overall the way More Life is streaming. But if he can that's dope too.

If we stick to facts.
More life is a digital release only
It was marketed as "a Playlist by October Firm"
It was was a short week release (a day late, saturday)
There's been no video

There's a few factors that may give Kendrick an edge to sell slightly more for the first week.

You guys just remember that numbers matter now :mjpls:

"stick to facts", brehs :laugh:

> promoted since before october (didn't we just hear about damn 3 weeks ago?)
> sneakin had a video
> passionfruit is a dance pop single (much bigger audience than hip hop)
> views 1.0 was digital only for weeks... that didn't stop it from selling double

and i'm not going to even acknowledge the "bbbut views 2.0 isn't an album its a playlist with all new songs" marketing gimmick :mjlol:

i don't blame the people for not wanting to buy views 2.0 :yeshrug:

and no, numbers dont really matter... except we know it makes you drake stans FURIOUS :angry::angry::angry:

:mjlol: Drake stans dont know what to do with themselves
spend they days in kendrick threads tight as fukk :umad:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
"stick to facts", brehs :laugh:

> promoted since before october (didn't we just hear about damn 3 weeks ago?)
> sneakin had a video
> passionfruit is a dance pop single (much bigger audience than hip hop)
> views 1.0 was digital only for weeks... that didn't stop it from selling double

and i'm not going to even acknowledge the "bbbut views 2.0 isn't an album its a playlist with all new songs" marketing gimmick :mjlol:

i don't blame the people for not wanting to buy views 2.0 :yeshrug:

and no, numbers dont really matter... except we know it makes you drake stans FURIOUS :angry::angry::angry:

I stopped reading on mentioning Sneakin which isn't on More Life.

Miss me with your inaccurate essays breh