Daniel Bryan: The Original Summerslam Victim, Plus news on Rock vs Roman

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem isn't him losing. Can you really see Bryan getting squashed by Brock or anyone going over well with today's audience without some type of backlash like at the Rumble? Bringing everything to a hault. If their plan was to move on to non Bryan opponents squashing him would ruin those future programs because fans will just hijack shows and segments. Reigns,Cena or whoever would get shytted on. Until they'd be forced to go back to Bryan eventually. Just like with Mania.

Brock beating bryan in a competitive match would've been the way to go to move things along peacefully.
Oh no i'd be all for a back n forth classic between Lesnar/Bryan but its folks here that just completely :camby: at the idea of bryan losing at all

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
lol @ people saying great booking by wwe. Those idiots suck so much that they didnt even bother changing summerslam plans they just crossed bryans name out and put cena.

rofl @ rock over reigns or reigns over rock. Both equally suck ass but atleast Triple H is on the right mindset of making someone new.

But you keep watching :heh:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yea heaven forbid Daniel Bryan loses to Brock Lesnar of all people, nobody would think this is possible

Yall nikkas killin me with this super daniel bryan shyt

U just don't get this Bryan thing..The fans won't let it go. It's not about some Net fans opinions...he's too over now. Lesnar beats him. Cool. You're gonna tell the audience he doesn't deserve to be back in the top spot...Bryan is so fukking over that they're afraid to have him appear at another Seattle Raw where all hell broke loose last time.

They still have a small minded approach. .As the promotion for the Network proves.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Oh, and just to be clear, it's not Rock vs. Reigns that's being bandied about. Vince wants the WM 31 main to be Rock/Brock (which would be ridiculously short-sighted, even for him), while Hunter wants Reigns/Brock. Not sure how that got twisted into Rock vs. Reigns.

Also, I believe that I discussed this somewhere else on the board a couple of days ago...

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh, and just to be clear, it's not Rock vs. Reigns that's being bandied about. Vince wants the WM 31 main to be Rock/Brock (which would be ridiculously short-sighted, even for him), while Hunter wants Reigns/Brock. Not sure how that got twisted into Rock vs. Reigns.

Also, I believe that I discussed this somewhere else on the board a couple of days ago...

If Rock is willing to lose, then Rock vs Brock makes perfect sense. It's the biggest match they can do, by far, and would do a huge buyrate. I know the IWC loves keeping everybody strong and "building new stars", but making money and putting on the biggest show is more important at Wrestlemania. Rock might not be willing to lose, due to his movie image, though.

It's a better option than having a green Reigns have a weak match with Brock in the main event. It's 7 months out, but if it were happening tomorrow I would not be confident in Brock vs Reigns being a good match.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I don't think they'd have had him straight up squash Bryan the way they did to Cena. Bryan woulda gotten beat up sure but not like John did.

Wouldn't have been necessary, Brock couldn't have just beat Cena to build on the Mania streak he had to maul him to get heat out of it. Most knew Brock was winning few knew dude had unlimited finishers stored that he planned to use all in one night.

Bryan losing to Brock in pretty much any kind of dominant fashion woulda elicited the heartbreak response they wanted, Bryan was on such a feel good streak up until his pops passed/body have out on him.

Especially if Brock did bully like things such as step on his fingers, hang on to holds with that sinister smile of his and make the ref count him off etc

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
So Bryan beating HHH, Orton and Batista in the same night is highly logical and easily accepted.

But a lost to Lesnar should warrant hijacking of shows? :heh:

As a bryan fan this thread is too funny

Was Brett Hart beating Razor and Bam Bam in the same night logical at king of the ring 93? Or Austin stunning 20 members of the Alliance to close the Raw before Invasion? Or Cripple H out fighting Brock at Raw 1000? This is pro wrestling..logic:laugh: Cena is presented as the best and Kaityln threw better punches than him.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
If Rock is willing to lose, then Rock vs Brock makes perfect sense. It's the biggest match they can do, by far, and would do a huge buyrate. I know the IWC loves keeping everybody strong and "building new stars", but making money and putting on the biggest show is more important at Wrestlemania. Rock might not be willing to lose, due to his movie image, though.

It's a better option than having a green Reigns have a weak match with Brock in the main event. It's 7 months out, but if it were happening tomorrow I would not be confident in Brock vs Reigns being a good match.

He might not lose because Mania 31 is Lesnars last show for the E.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Yea heaven forbid Daniel Bryan loses to Brock Lesnar of all people, nobody would think this is possible

Yall nikkas killin me with this super daniel bryan shyt
It's not that though. I think most people are perfectly fine with Lesnar beating Bryan. That's not the problem people have with this. The problem lies within the intent of the squash match, which was made clear as day in this report...

The original booking called for Brock Lesnar to come back and beat Daniel Bryan, which would “bring him back to reality.” They wanted to book Lesnar to break the hearts of the fans

It's obvious that the higher ups still don't have any faith in Bryan (despite him being over as fukk) and were looking for a way to bury him and send him back to the midcards. I guarantee that Bryan doesn't get another shot at the title, and if he does it will just be them going with their original plan of feeding him to Lesnar