DAVE CHAPPELLE: The Dreamer Comedy Special (Official Discussion) (Netflix, Out Now)

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
To me this is his best of since his return. I laughed so hard at all his main jokes. This man is a brilliant writer and story teller.

He’ll tell a story for 10 mins and I’m like where is he goi with this, then bam, funny as hell punchline or ending. That dreamer story man.. what an excellent build up
He also tells a lot of stories that fall flat as well. Some are so drawn out and long winded that the payoff just isn't worth it. I consider Dave a very good storyteller. But brilliant. Personally I wouldn't go that far. To me. A brilliant storyteller. And quite possibly the most underrated comedian in the world today. Is Ali Siddiq. Don't think anybody can paint a picture better than Ali right now. To me he's levels above everyone in the storytelling department including Dave. And he's just a flat out better comedian. Because he still has that hunger. One of the only comedians that really makes me laugh out loud.

I'm sure some of y'all are already up on Ali. But if you're not, check out domino effect 1 & 2. Back to back. Both brilliant pieces of work. Artistry. I rarely make recommendations, but if you love comedy. you're gonna love these. I promise you.

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
The same people complaining about this are the same people who were complaining about him not telling enough jokes and relying on lgtbq storytelling last time.

I thought it was pretty obvious that he was addressing that like, "okay, y'all want me to just tell jokes? I'll go back to telling jokey jokes," and being more rapid-fire, one joke after another, and less stories. Especially the disabled and titanic ones.

I only remember MAYBE 5 lgbtq jokes, and even then it was just the punchline. At this point y'all are just hate-watching so you can complain after, so just don't watch his stuff anymore, simple enough. When I've thought a comedian has fallen off, and/or become unfunny, I've just stopped watching their stuff. Not sure who's breaking into your homes and forcing you to open Netflix and watch his shyt for an hourish. Miserable fukks.

Happy new year.
Why wouldn’t you expect for people to complain when Dave has been called the GOAT comic and puts out a lazy special on Netflix ?

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
My girl and I watched this and we were both cracking up. Dave’s ability to take you off on a tangent then pop out with a punchline or callback to a previous joke is actually masterful. As a fan of comedy, I always watch how comedians set their jokes up and he’s by far one of the greats on a technical level.

I’ve heard most of these jokes in a different way before because I’ve seen him live so many times but I like how he’s polished them to the point that he can weave them together.

It’s also funny how people will outrage at the (collectively) 5 minutes of trans jokes and overlook the bit about disabled people. Literally proving his point that people only care about “punching down” when it’s a group they care about.

Last edited:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I know this is a Dave thread, but have you guys checked Shane Gillis? He’s hilarious. Great takes. On Netflix too. I dare say better than Dave’s set and I’m a Stan for Dave.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Upon second watch, this was the funniest special from Dave since he came back. I’m not going to say the best, but it was definitely the funniest laugh for laugh …..because the subject matter was light. These is for all the complainers that were saying Dave got too serious.

“Come join us in our watery grave”.
That submarine Titanic joke had me howling:russ:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
was curious on the general reviews...and as usual these "journalists" love to focus on the trannies.

he prob had like what? 2 trans jokes? but that's all the headlines are running with, and taking his punching down joke out of context.
Bro, Dave was saying shyt literally in a comedy set and using sarcasm and they quote him like he was really serious.

This shyt was funny as fukk.
“Every celebrity just ran out because every celebrity saw themselves in me, and they just started beating the f**k out of that kid. And I know Chris was backstage looking like, ‘Nobody helped me,’

Last edited:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I’m tired of his standups tbh

Not going to watch.
Then why are you here? Who cares?:mjtf:
There's tons of threads here about stuff I have no interest in ...so I don't post in them :mjtf:

I don't see how anyone could bad mouth this one cuz this was hilarious, and back to the goofier more energetic Chappelle from the late 90's /2000's. Nice to see that again after his last few angry/somber years