Dave East - Mask Off (East Mix)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
in between Black Rose and Hate Me Now the best and most relatable bars to me were when he was rapping over The LOX and Cam old beats and for someone to rap over those classics and i actually enjoyed them that was what made me like him. then Hate Me Now made me a fan but all his remixes lately are ehhh..just rapping to be rapping on em.

think he got to fall back a little, let people want to hear him again..gear up and drop some fire for the summer.

"Harlem taught me to buy a new whip after you crash em"
reminded me of Freekey going through like 3 S550's in a short period of time when he just got out.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What he's doing is actually good, not everybody knows him yet, hopefully they do though cause he's dope, so much better than most of the people overhyped on here, but because he actually has lyrics/content and not just bullshyt rambling people resort to "boring"....

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Charisma?
Creativity?
Uniqueness?
Originality?
Consistency

Dave East got all the elements of a dope mc but he half asses way too much

he'll drop some cold shyt then the next two tracks will have you like "who the fukk told him to release this shyt? :dahell:" then the track after that you be like "why he dont rap like this all the time? :dahell:"....that's why people's opinion on him is so polarizing...you don't know what you gonna get

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Kari Chanel his only hot tape and even then, just a few cuts off of there. Everything else I've heard from him has been hella light...It's like some say, he can spit to an extent, but he's missing something. NaS need to let a nikka know what it is he exactly see in dude b/c he don't come off as anything special or willing to push himself to step up out of his comfort zone, especially when his comfort zone isn't all that hot to began with.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dave East got the potential to blow too, because he can blend between the styles and eras well. He doesn't sound out of place with either...