Dave East - Mask Off (East Mix)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
What he's doing is actually good, not everybody knows him yet, hopefully they do though cause he's dope, so much better than most of the people overhyped on here, but because he actually has lyrics/content and not just bullshyt rambling people resort to "boring"....

if listen to him you will see he is guilty of rambling in his own way though.

Kari Chanel his only hot tape and even then, just a few cuts off of there. Everything else I've heard from him has been hella light...It's like some say, he can spit to an extent, but he's missing something. NaS need to let a nikka know what it is he exactly see in dude b/c he don't come off as anything special or willing to push himself to step up out of his comfort zone, especially when his comfort zone isn't all that hot to began with.

Dave got situation at Def Jam. Nas effectively did his job and its up Dave to grow on his own now.
to give sort of an example..like Cam did with Vado.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Everybody's an A&R

Dave East is still an upcoming artist. He's been spitting on other people's beats for a while and it's helped him more than anything. IT shows consistency. He's not Kendrick Lamar where he can drop once in a blue moon.

He did a whole bunch of freestyles leading up to Hate Me Now and Kairi Chanel. His last tape did 50k first week right? This guy rubbing shoulders and mentored by legends but of course thecoli knows best right:russ:

If you don't like it then move on, nothing wrong with rapping

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Son can spit to me personally cause he's sayin shyt I can resonate with , but he's just one dimensional artistically , seems like every East song is the same topic/theme .

one dimensional? what other new rappers give you storytelling raps?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If J. Cole is J. Snore, then Dave East is Dave Sleeps

:russell:

nikka be sounding tired as fukk on every song

:zzz:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everybody's an A&R

Dave East is still an upcoming artist. He's been spitting on other people's beats for a while and it's helped him more than anything. IT shows consistency. He's not Kendrick Lamar where he can drop once in a blue moon.

He did a whole bunch of freestyles leading up to Hate Me Now and Kairi Chanel. His last tape did 50k first week right? This guy rubbing shoulders and mentored by legends but of course thecoli knows best right:russ:

If you don't like it then move on, nothing wrong with rapping

Exactly, he's an up and coming artist, he's supposed to be getting his name out, dropping a random release without building any anticipation isn't going to work. He's actually building up nicely, more and more people know who he is and are talking about him now, just got to keep that momentum growing and then do a big promotional push while backing it up with music when it comes to his official ish.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember Nas saying something to the effect of he had a bunch of demos from artists and his street dudes saying that's the 1 when it came to Dave East, as he stood out the most out of everyone. We need an artist like Dave East now to offer an alternate to the soft shyt. He's got some hard shyt, I like his music.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
ive never been a fan of just re-doing other peoples songs, but I guess this is the era where this happens. On that note, East sounds good on the ones he does over.