Dear HL liberals..Lets talk about your taxes

How much do you pay the IRS

• I love the government so i give them as much as possible...those arab weddings wont bomb themselves.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I dont know... OK..im kinda slow and allergic to math so i just hand over my w2s and daydream

• the minimum.. i take every deduction..its my money...Id deduct my dog as a dependant if it was legal

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • What taxes..im never leaving my mothers warm basement

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Zero..i used wesley snipes accountant...brilliant guy.

• Total voters

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
:shaq: I saw your 100+ outraged replies on Trumps 1995 taxes..Never-mind yall ignore the fact that Bill Clinton was in control of the Treasury ..so he could have changed the relevant codes if it bothered Hillary that there were such big loopholes for millionaires .

but i digress

that got me curious..I do my own taxes so i do know a little something about tax code so i started thinking
Maybe its just me who tries to pay the legal minimum
Do the rest of you actually believe if you had a LEGAL opportunity to pay nothing you really wouldn't take it?

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
The problem with Trumps return is not that he didn't pay taxes or that there are "loopholes." The problem is that he and those of his ilk claim the tax system is broken and the magic bullet is for rich people to pay even less taxes (even though some, like Trump, apparently pay none).

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
The problem with Trumps return is not that he didn't pay taxes or that there are "loopholes." The problem is that he and those of his ilk claim the tax system is broken and the magic bullet is for rich people to pay even less taxes (even though some, like Trump, apparently pay none).

:ehh: Thats not what he said tho...youre projecting what other republicans have said
In terms of taxes, Trump has said, “I know people making a tremendous amount of money and paying virtually no taxes, and I think it’s unfair.”
Club for Growth: Trump’s economic policies put him in liberal mainstream

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
:ehh: Thats not what he said tho...youre projecting what other republicans have said
Club for Growth: Trump’s economic policies put him in liberal mainstream

That's cool that that's why he says, but that's not what the numbers say. His plan cuts taxes a lot on the rich and a little on the middle class, all while blowing up the national debt (which is actually also a tax on working families), her plan leaves tax alone on lower two brackets, but taxes the wealthy a lot more, while not adding to the national debt.

Comparing the 2016 Presidential Tax Reform Proposals

Trump’s Tax Plan vs. Clinton’s Policy

Clinton correctly cites analyses of Trump's tax plan

Last edited:

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
That's cool that that's why he says, but that's not what the numbers say. His plan cuts taxes a lot on the rich and a little on the middle class, all while blowing up the national debt (which is actually also a tax on working families), her plan leaves tax along on lower two brackets, but taxes the wealthy a lot more, while not adding to the national debt.

Comparing the 2016 Presidential Tax Reform Proposals

Trump’s Tax Plan vs. Clinton’s Policy

Clinton correctly cites analyses of Trump's tax plan

Ehhh.. Here is a less biased analysis...the thing to keep in mind is these are all projections and estimates

Analysis of Donald Trump's Tax Plan

CONCLUSIONS
Mr. Trump’s tax reform plan would boost incentives to work, save, and invest, and has the potential to simplify the tax code. By lowering marginal tax rates and further limiting or repealing many tax expenditures, it would reduce the incentives and opportunities to engage in some forms of wasteful tax avoidance. However, the plan could increase incentives for workers to characterize themselves as independent contractors, to take advantage of the lower tax rate on business income, unless new rules were introduced to prevent this. The proposal would cut taxes on households at every income level, but much more as a share of income at the top.The fundamental concern the plan poses is that, barring extraordinarily large cuts in government spending or future tax increases, it would yield persistently large, and likely unsustainable, budget deficits.

Its basically a more muted variety of Reaganomics with a simplification of tax code...which isnt something radically new like the liberal media is pretending it is

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
None of us are running for the presidency not that it matters we all have a responsibility to society. It's grossly hypocritical for Trump to carry on the way that he has.

Most people can't avoid the taxman wealthy or not as they're already getting things deducted out of their check by their employers.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
Ehhh.. Here is a less biased analysis...the thing to keep in mind is these are all projections and estimates

Its basically a more muted variety of Reaganomics with a simplification of tax code...which isnt something radically new like the liberal media is pretending it is

You just argued 2 different things in this thread. First you said he wasn't a typical republican, but more in line with modern "liberal" tax policy. Then when I gave you sources and called you on that, you changed to say it was traditional Reagonomics, and not something radically new. Those 2 things don't match.

The number (rates per bracket, capital gains, carried interest) show that Hillary wants to keep things the same for those under 250k while raising taxes on the wealthy and increasing top capital gain rate. Trump wants to give people under 250k a small tax break while giving rich people massive breaks, including getting rid of estate tax.

Those are just facts breh. You might not like them or you might say he plans to do something other than what his website says, but those are the facts.

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
You just argued 2 different things in this thread. First you said he wasn't a typical republican, but more in line with modern "liberal" tax policy. Then when I gave you sources and called you on that, you changed to say it was traditional Reagonomics, and not something radically new. Those 2 things don't match.
Are you sure??I dont see the conflict..Ronald reagan wasnt a typical republican either..he was a former actor and used to be a democrat...

The number (rates per bracket, capital gains, carried interest) show that Hillary wants to keep things the same for those under 250k while raising taxes on the wealthy and increasing top capital gain rate. Trump wants to give people under 250k a small tax break while giving rich people massive breaks, including getting rid of estate tax.

Those are just facts breh. You might not like them or you might say he plans to do something other than what his website says, but those are the facts.
First thing to appreciate is these are all projections,Nobody is certain exactly HOW they will affect the economy.The second problem will be getting them through congress which is where Hillarys plans will surely die..but she knows this already.
Simplifying the tax code is something that should have been done a long time ago and the idea that the Govt will just keep taking until it has enough is ridiculous..there have to be cuts and trumps plan would force that.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
Are you sure??I dont see the conflict..Ronald reagan wasnt a typical republican either..he was a former actor and used to be a democrat...

First thing to appreciate is these are all projections,Nobody is certain exactly HOW they will affect the economy.The second problem will be getting them through congress which is where Hillarys plans will surely die..but she knows this already.
Simplifying the tax code is something that should have been done a long time ago and the idea that the Govt will just keep taking until it has enough is ridiculous..there have to be cuts and trumps plan would force that.

I understand how government works. So yes, I understand that both need to get thier plans passed. That said, they both list plans with rates on their website. You can play the game of maybe they mean something other than what they actually lay out in their plans, but I can only judge a person on what they actually say.

Hillary rates tax people under 250k the same as now while raising taxes on the wealthy. Trumps plan cuts tax on everyone, but also gives massive cuts to the wealthy, including lowering capital gains, elimanting estate tax, and lower corporate rate.

Do you dispute that?