Debo & Oats. A New Era: The Official Alabama Crimson Tide Athletics Thread

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Alabama players take part in first Nate Oats workout

“This is not 1980s basketball. We’re not going to have a four man and a five man on the block. We’re going to open the floor up. We’re going to have four guys out that can shoot 3s, pass and handle. That’s how you end up top five in the country in scoring like we were the last two years at Buffalo.”
:banderas:love this guy
“The pace of play is nothing like any of them had been accustomed to. They were a little gassed and worn out. We’re not doing any conditioning yet. Just drills, we’re running at a little bit of a different pace than they’re used to doing. We were third in the country in offensive pace of play at Buffalo. We were, I think, fifth in the country in scoring, first in transition points per game. We’re going to run that system. We’ve got athletes down here to run it, and we’ve just got to get the culture right to where they’re going hard every day in practice.”

And Kira's practicing and watching film with him so that's gotta mean he's coming back.

“Kira Lewis (is) really, really talented at a high level,” Oats said. “I think he’s perfect. I just went through an hour of video with him this morning before class, first thing this morning before he went to class on just how he would fit into our system. We open the floor up. We give you a lot of space. We get downhill. We set a lot of pick-and-roll stuff. Real similar to spread stuff in the NBA. The floor’s going to be open for him to make plays, so we’ve got to put shooting around him. ...

ROLLTIDE4EVER

Rookie
Daps
I have a good feeling about Nate O. It's about time, Bama hired a bball coach from the midwest (northeast would be good good as well). Dude is from Wisconsin, that state doesn't produce bad coaches! Seriously, I like the fact he recruits under the radar players and DEVELOP them. That's one thing Avery stunk at. I think Bama gets Watford, who didn't want to go to Bama b/c Avery was too laidback imo. Memphis? LOL, what conference they in?

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a good feeling about Nate O. It's about time, Bama hired a bball coach from the midwest (northeast would be good good as well). Dude is from Wisconsin, that state doesn't produce bad coaches! Seriously, I like the fact he recruits under the radar players and DEVELOP them. That's one thing Avery stunk at. I think Bama gets Watford, who didn't want to go to Bama b/c Avery was too laidback imo. Memphis? LOL, what conference they in?

:mjlol:

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
If the FBI mess gets cleared b4 his commitment date he’s goin to LSU if not he’s prolly goin to Memphis. His fam is real close to Mike Miller

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the FBI mess gets cleared b4 his commitment date he’s goin to LSU if not he’s prolly goin to Memphis. His fam is real close to Mike Miller

Stop it 5.

He was going to Memphis from day one. :mjlol:

Him and James Wiseman are like best friends.

ROLLTIDE4EVER

Rookie
Daps
Stop it 5.

He was going to Memphis from day one. :mjlol:

Him and James Wiseman are like best friends.

Then he would've committed by now. Who in their right mind commits to Memphis? Bucky McMillan won't let him make that mistake.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then he would've committed by now. Who in their right mind commits to Memphis? Bucky McMillan won't let him make that mistake.

Memphis historically has gotten top basketball recruits. NEG dumbass. :mjlol:

Jalen Green is about to commit in the 2020 class. :umad:

ROLLTIDE4EVER

Rookie
Daps
Yeah, it's usually Memphis kids. Otherwise, they stay on probation. Bama got top bball recruits as well, dumfuk.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, it's usually Memphis kids. Otherwise, they stay on probation. Bama got top bball recruits as well, dumfuk.

So, Jalen Green is a Memphis kid dumbass. :mjlol:

From Cal to Pastner to Penny have all got top 5* players outside of Memphis.

No one give a damn about Bama basketball. :mjlol:

ROLLTIDE4EVER

Rookie
Daps
Yeah Cal got a nice forfeited final four at Memphis too. Pastner is a crooter and currently stinking it up at Gtech. Penny can have all the aau 5* star talent if he wants just let Bama keep instate talent. You're not going to win any NCs but hey, you send players to the NBA. whoopie!

Nobody gives a crap about Memphis State. You think they make the news when they have a coaching change?