Denard Robinson: "I could beat Bolt in the 40"

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
i know, its an even shorter distance. I dont think Bolt can get to top speed at 20 yards. He hasnt shown that ever, let alone in a 40 yard dash.

Put it like this, Deion Sanders ran the 40 in a 4.2. His best 100 meter time at FSU was 10.21. Bo Jackson supposedly ran a 4.19 in the 40, his best 100 time in college was a 10.39.

The races are not the same.

The issue is that the math is out there and his 100m has been broken down already, we have a ballpark estimate of what his 40 yard would be based on what his 40 meter time was. All of the estimates I've seen put Bolt at 4.0 to 4.2 in the 40 yard dash, once you subtract reaction.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I understand that Bolt isn't a fast starter, but why do we assume that all these football players are fast starters, or would have a better start than the Fastest Man Ever? Becuz he's tall?

Serious question...

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL
n1ggaz don't wanna give bolt the cred he deserves. I felt taht way in Beijing then in 09 i realized how fast he actually was. N1ggaz just wanna touch his stardom right now cuz no way in hell they will beat him in a 40. esp if he trained for it.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Also, Denard ran a 6.81 in the 60m dash, Bolt has gone 6.31. From 40m to 60m, Bolt isn't gaining .5 worth of difference, that difference is built through the first 40 as well.

breh, this isnt a race, this a guy reaching top speed in the 100 meter. Its completely different.

For instance, yesterday Bolt's 100 split a was an 8.8. So we believe that Usain Bolt can run an 8.8 100 meter now?

I remember when people thought Michael Johnson was the world's fastest man because he ran the second 100 meters of his 19.32 200 meter race in 9.5 seconds. Its not the same.

I understand that Bolt isn't a fast starter, but why do we assume that all these football players are fast starters, or would have a better start than the Fastest Man Ever? Becuz he's tall?

Serious question...

the argument I am making is not that Robinson will beat him, I said he could beat him. Its not impossible.

And its not about being a fast starter, its about when do you reach top speed.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
People REALLY go crazy with this whenever the subject comes up.

Comparing 40m splits with reaction time to 40 yard times and acting like Bolt would be a 4.5 runner or some shyt.

Also, it's not like Bolt is "slow" at the beginning of a race. He's right about even with other elite runners. It's his reaction time that is pretty poor. When he reacts well is when he has his quickest times.

....he's in the lead for this entire race. It's at 60m when he becomes beyond superhuman, but before then he's still a step better than the world's best.

If Denard or Chris Johnson could beat Bolt in a 40 then they could beat any sprinter in the world...which I'm feeling is a bit unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Serious question...

you ever heard the saying when you are on top people want to bring you down...here is a good case of it

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
breh, this isnt a race, this a guy reaching top speed in the 100 meter. Its completely different.

For instance, yesterday Bolt's 100 split a was an 8.8. So we believe that Usain Bolt can run an 8.8 100 meter now?

I remember when people thought Michael Johnson was the world's fastest man because he ran the second 100 meters of his 19.32 200 meter race in 9.5 seconds. Its not the same.

Bolt doesn't reach his top speed until 65m, so through those first 60m his time is still quicker than Robinson's best. The point is that through 60m, he shouldn't be half a second faster than Robinson if he's such a slow starter, that big of a difference is made somewhere else.

It's not the same, but we have a decent idea of what he runs through 40 yards because of what we know he runs through 40 meters.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
you ever heard the saying when you are on top people want to bring you down...here is a good case of it
lol naw I don't think its all like that.

I think its the same thing that happens to guys like Lebron in Coli or Nas in the Spot. When somebody is obviously great but not perfect, then their weaknesses get blown out of proportion.

So Bron's clutchness and jumpshot needing improvement gets spun into "Bron is a horrible shooter and a p*ssy ass coward". And Nas being a great lyricist with some average beats = "All of his beats are horrible".

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
People REALLY go crazy with this whenever the subject comes up.

Comparing 40m splits with reaction time to 40 yard times and acting like Bolt would be a 4.5 runner or some shyt.

Also, it's not like Bolt is "slow" at the beginning of a race. He's right about even with other elite runners. It's his reaction time that is pretty poor. When he reacts well is when he has his quickest times.

Usain Bolt beats Gay and sets new Record - from Universal Sports - YouTube

....he's in the lead for this entire race. It's at 60m when he becomes beyond superhuman, but before then he's still a step better than the world's best.

If Denard or Chris Johnson could beat Bolt in a 40 then they could beat any sprinter in the world...which I'm feeling is a bit unlikely.

Exactly, this isn't exact but it's close enough to get an idea -

SsTGt.jpg

I did that based on the time he ran through 40m, and where the line/time correlates.