Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats stupid as hell, you never heard of Robert Traylor, the basketball player, he was built like a refridgerator and he's a better athlete than cormier and jon jones
don't mean he can fight

your confusing athletic ability with fighting skill, and there two different things

the reason why jon has never been that big of draw is because of his lack of athletic ability, he's not a bad athlete he's no close to a great one though
he's methodical and technical, he's great because of his intelligence and understanding how to approach a fight
jon don't even move like a black man, watching him is kind of weird, because he literally created his own fighting style, shyt don't like anything I ever seen, shyt is just weird looking

i'm pretty sure jon jones has been training boxing a lot longer than cormier, but still cormier hands look a lot more fluid than is, try walking into a gym mat 30 years old and see if you can get hands like cormier, for him to pick that up at an old age is a testament to his athletic ability, most people can't do that at the age he started fighting, this nikka literally didn't start doing MMA until he was 30

your probably a guy who thinks phil davis is a great athlete. jones is all that and a bag of chips, quick-strong-smooth but he doesnt have ko power in his hands.

his hands still need a lot of work but its good enough at this point. cormier is a good athlete, he defeated a lot of bigger fighters at hw because he was the better quicker athlete with tremendous technique, thats not the case at light heavy weight. i think he can beat everybody at 205 not named jones, gust will be a great match for him. suddenly when cormier doesnt have the athletic advantage he loses a round and a fight. its no coincidence

not only is jones a better athlete but a better fighter as well

its too bad guys like cormier and brock didnt get into mma when they were in there early 20s but it is what it is

Daps
Reppin
NULL
your probably a guy who thinks phil davis is a great athlete. jones is all that and a bag of chips, quick-strong-smooth but he doesnt have ko power in his hands.

his hands still need a lot of work but its good enough at this point. cormier is a good athlete, he defeated a lot of bigger fighters at hw because he was the better quicker athlete with tremendous technique, thats not the case at light heavy weight. i think he can beat everybody at 205 not named jones, gust will be a great match for him. suddenly when cormier doesnt have the athletic advantage he loses a round and a fight. its no coincidence

not only is jones a better athlete but a better fighter as well

its too bad guys like cormier and brock didnt get into mma when they were in there early 20s but it is what it is

Phil Davis is a better athlete than jon jones not by much though, doesn't mean he's a better fighter

cormier defeated those fighters because h ewas a better fighter it had nothing to do with athletic ability, even though it helped

just because you are a great athlete doesn't mean you can fight, and just because you can fight doesn't make you a great athlete

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Phil Davis is a better athlete than jon jones not by much though, doesn't mean he's a better fighter

cormier defeated those fighters because h ewas a better fighter it had nothing to do with athletic ability, even though it helped

just because you are a great athlete doesn't mean you can fight, and just because you can fight doesn't make you a great athlete

phil davis is not a great athlete, he looks like one but hes slow footed and has no quickness. his standup game is even worse. he is not a better athlete then jones, you make it sound like jones is a stiff or something

of course comriers athletic ability came in handy against a bunch of slow robotic hw's where he could get his hands on them and do whatever he wanted.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
phil davis is not a great athlete, he looks like one but hes slow footed and has no quickness. his standup game is even worse. he is not a better athlete then jones, you make it sound like jones is a stiff or something

of course comriers athletic ability came in handy against a bunch of slow robotic hw's where he could get his hands on them and do whatever he wanted.

Once again you don't know what you are talking about, slow footed, what does that even mean, has no quickness, in comparison to whom, his standup game is garbage because of technique not his athletic ability

cormier looked just as fast against jones he didn't against all his other fights, what are you talking about

jon won the fight because he was the smartest more efficient fighter, he didn't over power him, and he wasn't faster than him

jon jones is stiff, he stiff as hell, but has figured out a way to fight like that I can't even explain, its a credit to his intelligence to find out what works for him
specifically, like I said he's not a bad athlete, but he's not a great one at all as far as just pure athletic ability, not even close

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: infamous you my mma dawg breh...but um...Jones was putting the beats on Gus in Round 4:usure: had him wobblin around the damn octagon.

Gus was hurt, but he was also very exhausted. I don't think he was in any real danger of getting finished. He was standing upright the whole exchange.

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah. That's AKA bruh. Him and Cain train that pressure game, coming forward and striking with the clinch. He's used to pushing thru his opponents and breaking their will over short time frames. That's how he fights. That's what makes this loss so devastating. He gave Jon his best shot and even though he didn't get washed, he got DOMINATED at his own game
I'm interested in how Jones would deal with Cain's "pressure wrestling." Cain does tend to leave himself open for counters and guillotines when he goes for takedowns.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm interested in how Jones would deal with Cain's "pressure wrestling." Cain does tend to leave himself open for counters and guillotines when he goes for takedowns.
i think were all interested, the reality is i dont see jones ever fighting cain in the near future until hes old

jones gotta take care of his coke habit then the winner of rumble/gus. i cant see him fighting again in 2015

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i think were all interested, the reality is i dont see jones ever fighting cain in the near future until hes old

jones gotta take care of his coke habit then the winner of rumble/gus. i cant see him fighting again in 2015
Dana isnt letting him sit an entire year basically. The fight with the Gus/ rumble winner happens this year.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
maaan hop off rumbles nuts...lmao at praying for the best fighter in the world against a motherfukker who was choked the fukked out by this dude...
:usure::usure:

anything can happen.

Rumble is only getting better and learning ( just like each fighter)
Plus will be at a less reach disadvantage than most of jones opponents.
Plus one of the only ways you can probably beat Jones is - knock him out 1 or 2 punches and Rumble can do that.

:patrice: We saw... Jone/ Gus

now we see Gus / Rumble

:camby:

blackking is 71 / 1 in calling fights.