Did Anderson take a dive ?

Did Andy dive?

• He took a dive

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Weidman beat him clean

Votes: 44 62.0%

• Total voters

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
iwS5sK4eYBRve.gif

:usure:

:merchant:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Anyone who keeps trying to make excuses for Silva's loss by saying that it was because he "gave the match away" or "took a dive" by getting knocked out cold are people that are having a hard time coming to grips with reality. Are we really going to act like Silva wasn't getting dominated entirely throughout the first round?

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Anyone who keeps trying to make excuses for Silva's loss by saying that it was because he "gave the match away" or "took a dive" by getting knocked out cold are people that are having a hard time coming to grips with reality. Are we really going to act like Silva wasn't getting dominated entirely throughout the first round?

Weidman took him down, went for some GnP, went for submissions (all defended well by Silva), got a footlock that Silva walked out of, then proceeded to whiff on everything as Silva dipped and dodged around him.

Weidman won the round, but it's nowhere even close to Weidman "dominating" Sliva.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:beli: You're telling me Silva was knocked out with this light shyt right here.

ibpTAYvgSlVH1S.gif

it probably stunned him enough to catch him off guard knocked him off balance....then the punch to the face and his head bouncing off the mat knocked him loopy :manny:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
he hit him with his neck turned which is good

but he didnt hit him with knuckles, he hit him like this :wrist:

im not even mad i dont watch this shyt, it just wasnt a clean shot. he hit him with his first set of knuckles in the middle of his fingers and shyt

The attempted backfist did not cause any damage. At least if I'm reading you right.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

ibpTAYvgSlVH1S.gif

Did you see it from the other angle? It was a hard shot friend.

Silva got caught. I understand Silvas antics and behavior making things seem strange, but Silva is a weird ass dude. He's a nut job.

People have this idea that if silva kept his chin down and hands up he would've been okay. Sure, Ill buy that but, that's not silva.

Keeping his hands down has literally won him fights. He used it to set up his anchor punch on Griffin and Okami. He had his hands low when he kicked Belfort. His hands were low when he sprang on Bonnar. The examples go on and on.

That's Silva. That's how he fights and the exact thing happened to him in the first Sonnen fight. He had his weight on his back leg and got caught. Hard. Only difference is it didn't put him down. He finally got caught.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

ibpTAYvgSlVH1S.gif

Gotta remember how many times have we seen Silva's chin tested? Less than 3 times in his UFC career have I seen him really eat a solid shot. Even tjat migjt be a generous number. He's that good. Neo in the Matrix good.

We just assume he has a good chin because he never gets hit. Sonnen rocked him in 2010 in the 2nd or 3rd round with what looked like a very light shot.

He doesn't have an iron chin but he doesn't need to because of his head movement, hip movement, and footwork, which can keep him out of trouble 99% of the time.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Gotta remember how many times have we seen Silva's chin tested? Less than 3 times in his UFC career have I seen him really eat a solid shot. Even tjat migjt be a generous number. He's that good. Neo in the Matrix good.

We just assume he has a good chin because he never gets hit. Sonnen rocked him in 2010 in the 2nd or 3rd round with what looked like a very light shot.

He doesn't have an iron chin but he doesn't need to because of his head movement, hip movement, and footwork, which can keep him out of trouble 99% of the time.

He took several clean "H-Bombs" to no effect.

He has an amazing chin

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He took several clean "H-Bombs" to no effect.

He has an amazing chin

This is true. I forgot all about those Henderson punches. It still doesn't change my feeling on everything. He got hit hard while off balance. But yea you're right he did get socked in that Hendo fight.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
One of my co-workers friends said he was going to put some racks on a tko/submission loss by Silva. He was saying that Silva was going to throw the fight for Dana White to promote Wiedman as the next great American fighter and so by defeating the MMA legend. Having an American champion beat Silva is marketing ploy. Dana will be able to cash in by promoting him. Weidman will be getting interviews left and right I gave dude the :rudy: face

Now, I see what he was saying. If you were offered a 10 fight deal that could allow you to retire from the sport and take care of your fam would you throw a fight for it. Most people won't but I am sure Dana White will allow him to redeem himself as some point and let him retire on top. That 1-on-1 interview looks fishy as hell.

I would have been able to knock Silva out too, if he left himself that wide open and allowed me throw multiple punches until it landed.