Directors who fell off

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Doesnt mean he fell off :beli:
for me personally he has....3 of my top ten movies ever are directed by him (aliens, T1/T2) but I havnt really enjoyed a flick of his since prob true lies :manny: I know avatar and titanic were huge successes, doesnt make them great movies to me tho

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah how many directors wish they could pull Lincoln out their ass?
while i haven't seen lincoln or war horse in full, i will say spielberg has lost his appeal for me

i haven 't seen a movie of his in theaters in 10 years (war of the worlds)

so he kinda fell off in my book :manny:

woulda been interesting to see how his version of Interstellar may have turned out

but i think his movie with tom hanks this year will be dope

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
renny harlin- from die hard 2 and long kiss goidnight to straight to dvd trash

john woo-shame really after mi2 hes been ghost and its a shame because he was circling doing ninja turtles before bay got the rights

robert Rodriguez- finally got around to seeibg machete kills, wholly shyt what a fall off,

john singleton- ever since that taylor lautner movie i dont think hes gotten another job,which is a shame as i enjoyed 4 brothers

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Like dude said James Cameron is the biggest :flabbynsick: Director off all time. All those classics he had ,and I don't care what anyone says avatar was easily a top 5 worst big budget movie of all time. And don't gimme this IMAX shyt I went and saw it IMAX 3d and all high as fukk. I was so pissed off when I left.

Just cause you paint a piece of dog shyt pretty it's still dog shyt

The matrix tranny brothers.

One classic

One great. V

Matrix 2 was average

Same with. 3

Speed racer was shyt

I didn't like loud atlas but I can see why people would

Now this Jupiter movie is getting shyt reviews.
you have to separate the wachowski brothers from the wachowski siblings

those are two different pairings :troll:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Coppola's is probably the most striking.

The Godfather, Pt 1 &2, The Conversation and Apocalypse Now is debatably the GOAT run. But One From the Heart flopping ruined him creatively and financially.

I fukks with Rumblefish and even recent stuff like Tetro isn't without it's merits but breh went from top 10 to not mentioned at all. Losing his mind in the jungle whilst shooting Apocalypse Now probably didn't help.

great post :wow:

coppola fell off somethin' hard as fukk when you look at the monumental films he put out in his prime. dude was the best at that point :mjcry:

i too fukks with rumble fish and the outsiders, but those films which were adapted from books, are nowhere near his prime and peak era. when coppola was his peak, he was second to none :whew:

ford coppola for the longest has been my favorite director but here lately i been leanin' more and more towards martin scorsese :yeshrug:

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Pretty much every director was named besides Nolan and Fincher in this thread :damn:
Agree with the majority though :yeshrug:

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
H
great post :wow:

coppola fell off somethin' hard as fukk when you look at the monumental films he put out in his prime. dude was the best at that point :mjcry:

i too fukks with rumble fish and the outsiders, but those films which were adapted from books, are nowhere near his prime and peak era. when coppola was his peak, he was second to none :whew:

ford coppola for the longest has been my favorite director but here lately i been leanin' more and more towards martin scorsese :yeshrug:

Scorsese is a fukking beast. Dude will easily be GOAT when it's all said and done. IMO his only hiccup was shutter island. It was ok but compared to his work it felt weak and predictable.

Either way dude is goat to me

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
H

Scorsese is a fukking beast. Dude will easily be GOAT when it's all said and done. IMO his only hiccup was shutter island. It was ok but compared to his work it felt weak and predictable.

Either way dude is goat to me

i agree. he's really paced himself great and in every decade since he's started he's had a classic or a great film :win:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Tusk was actually a fun B movie...it was stupid as fukk, but it felt like a 1980s movie where everyone was having fun and it was never boring

And Clerks 2 is severely underrated
TUSK was absolutely terrible. It was no better than the human centipede.