kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
You just said classics and Lumet did four in four :yeshrug:

With that said I'd say Network is the best of out those 8
I would take The Conversation and Apocalypse Now over Network, but its a slim, slim line....But let's be real: Orient Express doesn't belong in the same class as the other 7

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I would take The Conversation and Apocalypse Now over Network, but its a slim, slim line....But let's be real: Orient Express doesn't belong in the same class as the other 7

Funny, I was gonna say the same about The Conversation :pachaha:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Tarantino has fell off to me.

Not in the extreme way of someone like Coppola but IMO his best films are undeniably his first three.

Since then he's been putting out overlong, self-indulgent films that are poorly paced compared to his previous work.

It's disappointing too because when he dropped Jackie Brown seemed he had a new found maturity. These were real human beings not the cartoon cutouts of Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained. Not to say those two films aren't entertaining but they're a chore to watch. He's become very pleased with himself as a director (see the revolting final scene of Basterds) and now that his editor Sally Menkes has died things will only get worse.

He seems to go into every project trying to make his Masterpiece (in capital letters) which while it's good to be ambitious, it's too self conscious. When Leone made The Good, The Bad & The Ugly I don't think he went into thinking "this'll be the one they remember me for" with a smug grin on his face.

I still anticpate his work but I know they're going to be self indulgent messes that'll I'll probably never want to see outside of the theater.
QT is like drake now, he feeling himself a little too much.
His films are still entertaining but he just gets a little too tough in cheek, and cartoonish sometimes. This new film sounds like it could be more resivoir doggish being that the film takes place in one location. A lot of tension and dialogue I would suspect which he's great at. If this new film is underwhelming he might have to go back to the drawing board in some aspects.

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
Francis Ford Coppola had the worst fall off ever but he also OWNED the 1970s so it doesn't really matter what he put out after 1979...he's got 4 classics in a 7 year period. No one else has that, not even close.

It's the GOAT run for me too, but "not even close" is hyperbole...

Leone --> Dollars trilogy and OUATITW ('64-'68)

Hitchcock ---> Rear Window, Dial M For Murder, Vertigo, North By Northwest, Psycho + others ('54-'60)

Kurosawa --> Rashomon, Ikiru, Seven Samurai, Throne Of Blood ('50-'57)

Maybe there are more...

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
PTA:

Boogie Nights>Magnolia>Punch-Drunk Love>There Will Be Blood

I'd add his last two but they're more divisive films.

Those four are all flawless masterpieces though.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
It's the GOAT run for me too, but "not even close" is hyperbole...

Leone --> Dollars trilogy and OUATITW ('64-'68)

Hitchcock ---> Rear Window, Dial M For Murder, Vertigo, North By Northwest, Psycho + others ('54-'60)

Kurosawa --> Rashomon, Ikiru, Seven Samurai, Throne Of Blood ('50-'57)

Maybe there are more...
Good point :obama:

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Leone got the highest batting average in movie history. Tarantino the modern day Leone for a number of reasons