DJ Kay Slay Is Sick Of The Ignorance In Hip-Hop, So He’s Launching A New Radio Show

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Hip-Hop veteran DJ Kay Slay is fed up with the ignorance of a younger generation of rappers, and he’s doing something about it.

The “Drama King” behind the magazine Straight Stuntin, is launching a new business venture to educate younger rappers.

According to Kay, he’s launching a brand new radio show called “What’s the Science,” that will focus on educating whoever wants to learn about the essence of Hip-Hop.

“Due to the lack of Knowledge in the Hip-Hop culture I’m starting a new show titled ‘What’s the Science’ dedicated to educating whoever would like to seek the knowledge of the essence of Hip-Hop,” DJ Kay Slay explained

“Each episode I will be sitting down with legendary MC’s/DJ’s/Break Dancers/Graffiti Artists/Producers and OG’s with Knowledge of Self.”

DJ Kay Slay is more than qualified to tackle the subject of Hip-Hop, thanks to his legendary run of mixtapes over the past 15 years, in addition to his “Streetsweeper mix tapes” in addition to full length albums through his deal with Chris Lighty’s Violator Records.

Kay Slay has also been breaking new acts and has interviewed thousands of people over the years, through his “Streetsweeper” albums and radio show.

“Let’s face it, you can’t continue to hold the young brothers accountable For what they don’t know,” DJ Kay Slay continued. “Especially if no one is teaching them! This is at least an opportunity for the ones who do really value the culture over a dollar sign to be enlightened!”

DJ Kay Slay Is Sick Of The Ignorance In Hip-Hop, So He’s Launching A New Radio Show

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
they don't know the history because they don't care to know. Its literally at the click of button. A radio dedicated to the history wont make a difference, as they wont care to tune into it - Unless it blows up for some reason.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Knowledge of self ? Like some pseudo intellectual 5%'er shyt ?

Overall sounds real dusty

Will almost guarantee the core audience of this will be +35 year old men and not young kids / rappers

So learning about the history of the what you do is dusty?

No wonder why Whites always taking our creations.

Call someone dusty for trying to preserve our culture :francis:

Daps
So learning about the history of the what you do is dusty?

No wonder why Whites always taking our creations.

Call someone dusty for trying to preserve our culture :francis:
The comment was more so related to that 5%'er bullshyt..

I dont believe in none of that shyt, your facts are backwards..

And as I said, the core audience for that shyt is not gonna be young rappers / kids. They to busy scrolling through c00nademiks and Shaderoom

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
The comment was more so related to that 5%'er bullshyt..

I dont believe in none of that shyt, your facts are backwards..

And as I said, the core audience for that shyt is not gonna be young rappers / kids. They to busy scrolling through c00nademiks and Shaderoom

How is it bullshyt:jbhmm:

How is anything that sheds black as a positive bullshyt:jbhmm: