DJ Kay Slay Is Sick Of The Ignorance In Hip-Hop, So He’s Launching A New Radio Show

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs they don't care. Some kids are into vintage shyt but at this point I'm convinced we'll never get to a point where old school rap is revered by young people the same way 60s/70s rock is for instance. I remember writing band logos on my notebooks in high school and almost coming to blows with a kid who said Black Sabbath was trash lol. I was a Pac and Nas stan at the time and while I had grown up listening to Juice Crew and Run DMC shyt thanks to my dad, I wasn't really into old school rap like I was into rock.

This show is gonna become a circle jerk for old dudes to say remember when such and such and so and so. I'll listen because I love rap shyt and rap history but young kids too busy partying to listen to old man Kay Slay mouth breath into a mic.

You right, but it does need to be done, and I'm glad Slay is doing this.

Their so much for us that are really into the culture for us to learn about.

I wanna hear about the park jams in the 70's . I wanna hear from those djs, Emcees, dancers who were there from jump but never made it big tell their stories.

I wanna hear about the late 60's and early 70's and what was going on then, and how it led to the creation off Hip-hop.

I wanna know what songs they were playing and how folks was dancing, dressing, the lingo, all that shiit.

I really hope he does this right, with the right people.

You know, not everyone may care, but it's needed. And I for one will support it.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
I Work For Keyser Söze
Hip hop is dead.

And there is no reverence for past acts because rappers have been ridiculing and threatening the lives of their consumer base for the past 20 fukking years.

Imagine The Rolling Stones or The Isley Brothers making entire albums about how their fans are fukking broke and how they are going to shoot them for being haters.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again the content and subject matter of hip-hop is a problem now that it's not coming from New York artists:russell:

I don't even understand this post, Slay got joints and tapes for days, with non NY artist since his name has been out there.

This ain't even about, it's a show about the history and roots.

Cotdamn, fukk is wrong with some of your?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I don't even understand this post, Slay got joints and tapes for days, with non NY artist since his name has been out there.

This ain't even about, it's a show about the history and roots.

Cotdamn, fukk is wrong with some of your?
The youth don't give a fukk about this shyt.

I'm tired of these nikkas complaining about the ignorance of hip-hop now that they aren't the ones promoting it.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The youth don't give a fukk about this shyt.

I'm tired of these nikkas complaining about the ignorance of hip-hop now that they aren't the ones promoting it.

Nikka don't speak for everyone, and what they may or may not care about. Good for you if that's how you feel.

But to get offended because someone who's seen this thing from day 1 is interested in letting folks the history and culture, is fukking bizarre to me.

Last edited:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Nikka don't speak for everyone, and what they may or may not care. Good for you if that's how you feel.

But to get offended because someone who's seen this thing from day 1 is interested in letting folks the history and culture, is fukking bizarre to me.
I never said I was offended.

How the fukk you gone tell me not to speak for someone then you go and speak for me :mjlol:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Nikka don't speak for everyone, and what they may or may not care about. Good for you if that's how you feel.

They want a platform where they can catch feelings like women and no one checks them.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
04e4e85dab1caa883306b0453fff0d5182b222-wm.jpg