DJ Kay Slay Is Sick Of The Ignorance In Hip-Hop, So He’s Launching A New Radio Show

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Brehs they don't care. Some kids are into vintage shyt but at this point I'm convinced we'll never get to a point where old school rap is revered by young people the same way 60s/70s rock is for instance. I remember writing band logos on my notebooks in high school and almost coming to blows with a kid who said Black Sabbath was trash lol. I was a Pac and Nas stan at the time and while I had grown up listening to Juice Crew and Run DMC shyt thanks to my dad, I wasn't really into old school rap like I was into rock.

This show is gonna become a circle jerk for old dudes to say remember when such and such and so and so. I'll listen because I love rap shyt and rap history but young kids too busy partying to listen to old man Kay Slay mouth breath into a mic.

I don't even think he has to go back to the 70's he can just educate on the 80's-90's and he would be helping so many artists who are too lazy to do the research their selves.

You right, but it does need to be done, and I'm glad Slay is doing this.

Their so much for us that are really into the culture for us to learn about.

I wanna hear about the park jams in the 70's . I wanna hear from those djs, Emcees, dancers who were there from jump but never made it big tell their stories.

I wanna hear about the late 60's and early 70's and what was going on then, and how it led to the creation off Hip-hop.

I wanna know what songs they were playing and how folks was dancing, dressing, the lingo, all that shiit.

I really hope he does this right, with the right people.

You know, not everyone may care, but it's needed. And I for one will support it.

Hip hop is dead.

And there is no reverence for past acts because rappers have been ridiculing and threatening the lives of their consumer base for the past 20 fukking years.

Imagine The Rolling Stones or The Isley Brothers making entire albums about how their fans are fukking broke and how they are going to shoot them for being haters.

:dahell: wtf are you talking about

Some of the replies in here are typical & what's wrong with hip hop nowadays. A lot of the younger generation don't care to know the roots of their own craft which is weird & ignorant. Slay is using his platform to reach out to ones that wanna know the culture. He should be commended for that. I wonder if a non NY person was to use their platform for the exact same thing would some you take issue with it.
So the comprehension is at an all time low in todays age, he isn't talking about the ignorant music, or the fukkery that surrounds the music, he talking about the artists. he is saying the ARTIST are ignorant of the HISTORY of the PROFESSION they are in.
Two completely different things, so all the he promotes ignorance so fukk him comments are irrelevant.

and to your point HOW is it a bad thing someone is trying to educate these young artists and up and coming artists?

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I don't know.

Slay is a true Hip Hop veteran and former b-boy who pretty much instigated mad beefs and promoted fukkery and ignorance throughout the 90's and early 2000's, once he got a bigger platform. No other DJ during that time was more pivotal in sparking violence between artists in NY, and for cosigning beef and all that back then. He was the guy to go to if you wanted to initiate street shyt being carried out away from the studio. LOL!! Maybe he's trying to get away from that now. I don't know. But I guess we have to see what he does with this.

Last edited: