Do ya'll believe Garcelle Beauvais Fancy from Jamie Foxx Show earns $700k a year in residual income from reruns?

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do the math. At a minimum of 20 airings per week and her only getting 100 per episode she’d still be making 100k and I’m sure the Jamie fox show is coming on way more than 20 times a week.
Someone who makes sense. $100 an episode may seem like peanuts, but them #s add up

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I believe it. I used to kick it with her son like 10+ years ago. nikka was rocking designer sneakers before it got real popular. Lived in a new luxury spot every few months shyt like that.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I don't know if Garcelle's making that every year unless she signed a great deal.

The Friends cast negotiated as a group to get paid the same amount starting in season three. Warner Bros. didn't like that and threatened to fire some of them multiple times. At one point, season six was close to becoming the last one because they couldn't agree on a deal. They finalized their contracts literally days before the season six finale aired. By the end of the series, they were making $1 million an episode, which was about $20 million a season. Because of their negotiations, they were able to get a stake of the syndication money for life. Actors very rarely get residuals to that level.

Even a show like Seinfeld never had anything like that. Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David are the only ones making legit money off syndication because they were executive producers, writers, and co-owners. The rest of the cast just got paid regular residuals and they had to negotiate to get more.

That's not to say Garcelle isn't making any money off The Jamie Foxx Show. T.C. Carson said the Living Single cast makes money off syndication. Jason Weaver said the Smart Guy residuals are good, but had the show made it to 100 episodes, the syndication money would have been more. It really depends on what show it is.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I remember reading somewhere years ago that Will Smith makes like $1000 per episode rerun for Fresh Prince. The FRESH FUKKING PRINCE!

If anybody believes she is pulling in $700K for the Jamie Foxx Show that only airs on BET on Saturdays for like 2 episodes, then I got a bridge in San Francisco for sale

:mjlol:

$1,000 per rerun sounds like great money, especially since the show has been on TV for years and never left the air. If there's a way to figure out Will's yearly salary off syndication, then that's a lot of money.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I don't know if Garcelle's making that every year unless she signed a great deal.

The Friends cast negotiated as a group to get paid the same amount starting in season three. Warner Bros. didn't like that and threatened to fire some of them multiple times. At one point, season six was close to becoming the last one because they couldn't agree on a deal. They finalized their contracts literally days before the season six finale aired. By the end of the series, they were making $1 million an episode, which was about $20 million a season. Because of their negotiations, they were able to get a stake of the syndication money for life. Actors very rarely get residuals to that level.

Even a show like Seinfeld never had anything like that. Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David are the only ones making legit money off syndication because they were executive producers, writers, and co-owners. The rest of the cast just got paid regular residuals and they had to negotiate to get more.

That's not to say Garcelle isn't making any money off The Jamie Foxx Show. T.C. Carson said the Living Single cast makes money off syndication. Jason Weaver said the Smart Guy residuals are good, but had the show made it to 100 episodes, the syndication money would have been more. It really depends on what show it is.
jason parents gotta be the smartest parents in black television cinema history on the cool... he could have got up front money but his momma knew the longevity ...n boy aint gotta really do shyt forever