Do you consider 'Distant Relatives' featuring Nas & Damien Marley a classic album?

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I could see people calling it a personal classic but as far as it being touted as a universally acclaimed classic? Nah, not even close to be honest with you.

I like the album and it had some VERY deep and introspective lyrics at times, but I always felt that album lacked a STANDOUT track that leaves you feeling :ohmy:.

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
Hell-yeah-GIF.gif

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was just watching some footage I had of them from a concert in Vegas back in 2011. :banderas: at the little light skin jawn I pulled that night

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
I could see people calling it a personal classic but as far as it being touted as a universally acclaimed classic? Nah, not even close to be honest with you.

I like the album and it had some VERY deep and introspective lyrics at times, but I always felt that album lacked a STANDOUT track that leaves you feeling :ohmy:.
"Nah mean"

Hamza B.

Pro
Daps
Reppin
This Dunya...and Beyond
Yes.

Don't care what the pundits, experts, and writers consider "classic" at all. Never fully understood the distinction between "personal classic" and "classic classic". Music is about what moves you personally, not really about popularity, sales, or even cultural impact imo.

A classic is something you would sit your son down to listen to.