Do you consider 'Distant Relatives' featuring Nas & Damien Marley a classic album?

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Was just watching some footage I had of them from a concert in Vegas back in 2011. :banderas: at the little light skin jawn I pulled that night

I saw them 2 times on that tour. I feel sorry for anybody who missed them perform because it was legit magic. One time I had the crazy hookup and was one of them nikkas chilling on the side of the stage. Great times.

Album is a personal classic. Just dope tracks and just an Ill vibe. You could tell it was music made with deep respect, love and pounds of ganja..

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could see people calling it a personal classic but as far as it being touted as a universally acclaimed classic? Nah, not even close to be honest with you.

I like the album and it had some VERY deep and introspective lyrics at times, but I always felt that album lacked a STANDOUT track that leaves you feeling :ohmy:.
It's hard to have a stand out track when it had multiple god level tracks

Dispear
Friends
Land of Promise
Nah Mean
Patience
Africa Must Wake Up

Daps
Yes, and despite being carried by Damian it's the best album GOAT's whipping boy has dropped post-prime (2004-present).

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Yes, and despite being carried by Damian it's the best album GOAT's whipping boy has dropped post-prime (2004-present).
I hate hearing this. Damian produced the bulk of the album, if you listen to his other projects DR was right up his alley sonically. Of course he's going to sound more comfortable with the tunes, Nas doesnt get credit for stepping out of his zone on this project. Incredible album, well done by BOTH artists. Would love to hear a sequel one day.