Do you feel like black men respect black women enough?

Ness

Banned
Daps
I was listenin to doggystyle today and I started thinkin like man dat whole era was super #HOH :huhldup:

Imagine being a young girl growin up during that time and steadily hearin from men in ur community that women aint shyt and deserve to be disrespected, like that can have a legitimate effect on ur psyche. Its funny a number of men like to constantly point at some women's less then rightous behaviour, but be the same nikkas projecting that behaviour onto all women and propagatin it. Be the same nikkas encouragin other nikkas to treat women like dirt, for no reason other than theyre women.

I mean that conversation is still really relevant today. Just the fact that the word "bytch" is a default term for woman points to men's concept that a woman isn't to be respected until she earns it. If she displays some type of Mother Theresa like holiness then she can get upgraded to a more favorable word, but before that she a bytch.

And then you also think about how a lot of black men have had no problems for yrs praising non-black women and almost making it seem like being a full non mixed or "exotical" black woman is a L, just makes me think. I feel like as black men we have some growin up to do when it comes to gender relations and especially valuing black women in the way they deserve to be.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
All women aren't deserving of respect. Believe it or not, there are a lot of women like the ones Snoop describe on that album. The classy women that carry themselves respectfully get a lot of respect.

Women just want the best of both worlds. Slut walking one day and the next they want to be treated like Michelle Obama. Life don't work like that.

InDePickWest

Im Not American
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It comes from Black men having no real power. Men like to feel in control. The Black man has been broken down and defeated so much that the only person he turns to let off some anger is the only person who is beneath even him...the Black woman.

Truthfully..we're used to it. My grandma didn't put my grand daddy out for having a baby with her childhood friend when they were 23 because (and I quote) "The world was hard enough for a Black man at that time..I didn't want to make it worse".

That didn't stop him from leaving her with 3 kids a couple years later when he got a settlement from the city of San Francisco and left with a White woman.

:russ:

Anyways, if a man feels the need to disrespect women for no reason at all other than them being women.. I just assume he's wild mango and trynna hide it or don't get no p*ssy..I'm usually right.

Don't bother me or my friends none :yeshrug:

InDePickWest

Im Not American
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Hell no they don't.

I'm sure this thread will produce a million "A lot of women don't deserve respect." Da fuk? People should be respected until they disrespect you period.
Those are the soft ones. They'll never disrespect another man like they disrespect women because the man would put his bytch ass on his back.

Plenty of dudes out here w/ no self respect but will those nikkas try to diss them
:sas2:

Those fatherless baby boys know who to try.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
It comes from Black men having no real power. Men like to feel in control. The Black man has been broken down and defeated so much that the only person he turns to let off some anger is the only person who is beneath even him...the Black woman.

Truthfully..we're used to it. My grandma didn't put my grand daddy out for having a baby with her childhood friend when they were 23 because (and I quote) "The world was hard enough for a Black man at that time..I didn't want to make it worse".

That didn't stop him from leaving her with 3 kids a couple years later when he got a settlement from the city of San Francisco and left with a White woman.

:russ:

Anyways, if a man feels the need to disrespect women for no reason at all other than them being women.. I just assume he's wild mango and trynna hide it or don't get no p*ssy..I'm usually right.

Don't bother me or my friends none :yeshrug:

Sounds like the perfect time to evacuate a sinking ship. :myman:CAC woman might have been treating him well also. :yeshrug: