Do you respect Black police officers?

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
My opinion on Black police officers has changed dramatically over the years.

It started from complete hate and viewing them all as sellouts in my teens- to developing an individualistic perspective of Black cops in my early adulthood..

You see, that early adulthood stage is when you began to unexpectedly be afforded that "associative insight" into law enforcement.. because now you have people you used to "know" on the force. :ohhh:

You get to those early adult years, and it's very common to run into friends and old buddies you haven't seen in a while, and bam!, they're COPS, and you're like :dahell: :ohhh:.

And it makes you began to see brothers and sisters in uniform as just that again..brothers and sisters. Because now you know a few personally, and think that you "know" that they aren't like "that"(sellouts).

Fast forward to now, I am past those early adult years. A lot has happened to me and around me, regarding law enforcement, since then.

And my opinion on Black officers is hanging by a thread. :usure:

My struggle now is with trying to find their purpose or role (specifically in regards to the Blk comm.) as police officers in today's volitale police vs. Black community climate.

I'm struggling these days trying to find answers to questions I wish I would've asked my Black police officer "friends" who I ran into a few times over those past years..

Today, in 2015, we are OBVIOUSLY being systematically targeted, oppressed, and slaughtered.. and I just wonder, do Black cops give a damn?

Or is it literally "just a paycheck " to them, and they'd rather not get caught up in all of the racially charged hoopla that defines today's relationship between Blacks and Police officers?

And, in either case, do they still deserve the respect of the Black community? :lupe:

Is being a Black cop these days, even worth it?......

http://www.Wetdreamandhustle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/dorner1.jpg

2565588674_b3bb6e2b24_b.jpg

Dilworth_1412606700487_8772602_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

3879521642_821a738777_b.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
If they arent speaking out and doing what they can to change systematic white supremacy in the justice system then no I have no respect for them.

Some view it just as a job but its bigger than that. They are part of the beast that feeds off young black bodies.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have met more good cops than bad, and the people with the most complaints usually did the most dirt.
It is location based. The worse your neighborhood is, the worse the police usually are.
The opposite is being in a place where you are likely the only black person for miles. shyt can get real
scary, real fast.

Last edited:

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After a certain age, if you hate ALL cops (or any group of people for that matter) you don't rank very high on the critical thinking scale.

I treat em like every other police officer. I know it's unpopular in some circles and they're sellouts or whatever but would we rather have NO representation in law enforcement? They don't always bring our best interests into the PDs but they are (hopefully) more likely to than others.

There are some structural changes that need to go on with the justice system and we would get some more empathetic representation if that went through.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Fight the power comes great responsiblity
F the police but whos stoppin you from killin me?
Disasters , fiascos over a loop by pe
If its an I instead of we
Believin tv"

I judge on a per-person basis. Been fukked over by plenty of people, many who looked like me, and they weren't cops.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
My bad experiences with police have been black officers. Go figure... Anglos let me off the hook. :snoop:
Twilight Zone.