Do you respect Black police officers?

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
If they arent speaking out and doing what they can to change systematic white supremacy in the justice system then no I have no respect for them.

Some view it just as a job but its bigger than that. They are part of the beast that feeds off young black bodies.

This is exactly where I am with it all.

I know enough to know that I am to take each Black officer as individuals.. but I also live in REALITY, not in a world of how things "should be".. and while they should be able to just go to work and look at it as "just a check" (if that's how they wanna look at it), today's issues, this system, this country, doesn't allow a Black police officer that level of nonchalance and disconnect.

I strongly feel that as a Black person in America there are responsibilites you INHERIT. Whether you like it or not, whether it's fair or not.

And standing up for the Black community, as a Black police officer, is one of them.

If you, as a Black officer, do not regularly do that.. I have little to no respect for you.

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
I've had bad run ins with the police. But most of the time they really are just doing their job. So if they approach me in a respectable manner they get respect back. Doesn't matter what race they are.

That being said i haven't had a lot of run ins with black cops. And every black cop i've ever met was a complete a$$hole. They're kinda like girl cops. They do everything by the book, come across aggressive for no reason, and walk around bone straight like they're superman cuz they have something to prove. I usually have a better time dealing with the white men.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
No more than I do white officers. I've been harassed by both. I've been given a break by both.

I've had the black cop showing out for the white cop. And the white cop showing out just because...

I can't say I've been given a break by both.. and we can guess which one I've never been given a break by :wow:

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
That being said i haven't had a lot of run ins with black cops. And every black cop i've ever met was a complete a$$hole. They're kinda like girl cops. They do everything by the book, come across aggressive for no reason, and walk around bone straight like they're superman cuz they have something to prove. I usually have a better time dealing with the white men.

Sadly that has been my experience with every Black cop I've had 'run ins' with. Great analogy, comparing them to female cops and all.. it is exactly just like that with them(Black cops)

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
I have met more good cops than bad, and the people with the most complaints usually did the most dirt.
It is location based. The worst your neighborhood is, the worse the police usually are.
The opposite is being in a place where you are likely the only black person for miles. shyt can get real
scary, real fast.

You are riding the hell outta that fence my brother :pachaha: respect to your opinion though.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
. I know it's unpopular in some circles and they're sellouts or whatever but would we rather have NO representation in law enforcement?

I've thought about that too.."what if there were NO Black officers on the force".. that's what lead to me creating this thread..

You see, after I'd had that thought, it hit me: It's as if there are no Black officers on the force anyway because they aren't doing shyt for us. So what would be the difference? Why are they there?

Police brutality hasn't "lessened" just because there's Black eyes on the force watching. It's gotten worse.

Last edited:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are riding the hell outta that fence my brother :pachaha: respect to your opinion though.
Yea, cause I don't live my life in extremes. We had a nut in the family who attempted to kill a family member, shot him a few times.
Cops found him with a gun, apparently there was a standoff, but he is still alive. And this is a scumbag looking mofo.

The narrative driven by headlines is that we are all prone to being shot on sight. It isn't quite that simple. We know it *can* happen, and much more
likely than against a white person. Doesn't mean every day brothas don't push their luck and still walk away. I have had more good interactions than
bad, even when im on my skatelife oversized tee, torn up shoes shyt.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Yea, cause I don't live my life in extremes. We had a nut in the family who attempted to kill a family member, shot him a few times.
Cops found him with a gun, apparently there was a standoff, but he is still alive. And this is a scumbag looking mofo.

The narrative driven by headlines is that we are all prone to being shot on sight. It isn't quite that simple. We know it *can* happen, and much more
likely than against a white person. Doesn't mean every day brothas don't push their luck and still walk away. I have had more good interactions than
bad, even when im on my skatelife oversized tee, torn up shoes shyt.

Your reality as a Black man in this country is extreme, and it will serve you well to realize that and live accordingly. Instead you're on some wishy-washy "how things should be" kick, and that's not healthy.

You seem to have some silent agenda that I can't quite put my had on.. :patrice: ..that whole "the narrative driven by headlines..." is a little too fox newsy for me, and completely false.

And if I'm wrong, point to specific publications or channels or streams that have developed such a narrative.

Be careful that this supposed narrative you speak of isn't actually REALITY (sarcasm, because it is) :ufdup:

tater

Superstar
Daps
This mindset of fukk DA POLICE (even black ones) is parasitic IMO. We need more black police officers in black neighborhoods. The fact that you can see a cop as an individual now that you are an adult is something that we need reciprocated. If there are more black cops I feel that we black civilians would be seen as more than a monolith. White cops look at us as just that, black people. A black person can see us as an individual, and we all won't be blanketed with stereotypes. I understand there is always the black cop trying to "prove himself" phenomenon, but if there were more black faces in law enforcement I feel these instances would decrease. We need to promote these types of jobs to the youth instead of demonizing them. Who else will care about our community if we don't? This kind of thinking is what led to the Mike Brown situation. Why were there no black cops on the force? We need these figures in our community and they should be respected.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Simple solution, stop breaking the law. Police of any any kind won't be needed. Bu nah, yall want to do dumbshyt and then cry about racism.
nikka you booty mane NEG..............You must spread reputation to at least 30 other user(s) before you can give reputation to Danny Up again.

eb0f25A.gif