Do you respect Black police officers?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your reality as a Black man in this country is extreme, and it will serve you well to realize that and live accordingly. Instead you're on some wishy-washy "how things should be" kick, and that's not healthy.

You seem to have some silent agenda that I can't quite put my had on.. :patrice: ..that whole "the narrative driven by headlines..." is a little too fox newsy for me, and completely false.

And if I'm wrong, point to specific publications or channels or streams that have developed such a narrative.

Be careful that this supposed narrative you speak of isn't actually REALITY (sarcasm, because it is) :ufdup:
That ain't even what I am saying, breh:comeon:

People on here walk around and see cops all the time without getting popped. Recognize the other part I said
The narrative driven by headlines is that we are all prone to being shot on sight. It isn't quite that simple. We know it *can* happen, and much more
likely than against a white person
. Doesn't mean every day brothas don't push their luck and still walk away. I have had more good interactions than
bad, even when im on my skatelife oversized tee, torn up shoes shyt.

I see how she can go down, and it happens every day, but this isn't quite the same as "Stay in your home, they lurkin" type shyt.
Every spring, summer, and fall my ass is in in neighborhood known for druggies and the mentally ill, all surrounded by gang activity
that accumulates due to the local community college and the fact it is wedged between major train stops (nooks and alleyways where
bad shyt happens every year without fail) and a major expressway linked by the lake. Weekly interactions with cops whether they are
kicking folks out of a place or picking up somebody for something. Last year a 14 year old kid was hit on the streets while I was 2 blocks
away. Cops asking information, none tripping about the open weed smoking and "other" shyt that was taking place.

I worked in a suburb 20 miles from my home where I would be the only black person I see, and only got stopped four times: Once when
my license plate fell off, 3 times in one night as I was driving home on a flat. I don't downplay that these fukkboys are out here hitting
brothas up just because they can, half cause of racism, the other half cause the cops are just dikks, but I won't pretend they all on
that training day shyt.

I'm simply saying that I have been in the belly of the beast, nearby when bad shyt was going down, and in dozens of interactions with cops,
only a few were fukked up. Do with that what you will.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
That ain't even what I am saying, breh:comeon:

People on here walk around and see cops all the time without getting popped. Recognize the other part I said

I see how she can go down, and it happens every day, but this isn't quite the same as "Stay in your home, they lurkin" type shyt.
Every spring, summer, and fall my ass is in in neighborhood known for druggies and the mentally ill, all surrounded by gang activity
that accumulates due to the local community college and the fact it is wedged between major train stops (nooks and alleyways where
bad shyt happens every year without fail) and a major expressway linked by the lake. Weekly interactions with cops whether they are
kicking folks out of a place or picking up somebody for something. Last year a 14 year old kid was hit on the streets while I was 2 blocks
away. Cops asking information, none tripping about the open weed smoking and "other" shyt that was taking place.

I worked in a suburb 20 miles from my home where I would be the only black person I see, and only got stopped four times: Once when
my license plate fell off, 3 times in one night as I was driving home on a flat. I don't downplay that these fukkboys are out here hitting
brothas up just because they can, half cause of racism, the other half cause the cops are just dikks, but I won't pretend they all on
that training day shyt.

I'm simply saying that I have been in the belly of the beast, nearby when bad shyt was going down, and in dozens of interactions with cops,
only a few were fukked up. Do with that what you will.

Smh man, we're not going to get to any understanding.. not because we disagree or because one of us is wrong, we're just seeing it from two different angles.

Just a quick question though, would you ever become an officer

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Smh man, we're not going to get to any understanding.. not because we disagree or because one of us is wrong, we're just seeing it from two different angles.

Just a quick question though, would you ever become an officer
:snoop:Nope. I know how that system works and wouldn't wanna become a product of the :mjpls:.

I know I may sound ignorant of the shyts, but I prefer to look at this issue on the bright side (that I haven't gotten popped by the cops)

than the other side (they can fukk me over at any time just because im young and black.) The system wasn't made for us, and I try to

avoid being tangled in that bytch. Same reason I didn't sign up for the military when I was thinking about it seriously during high school.

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
:pachaha: it be like that sometimes lol. But foreal doe not all cops is dikkheads, some just in the shyt for the money and benefits( my pops). his ugly ass making more than 80k a year after taxes. plus he been through a lot of shyt. a nikka on PCP bit him on the neck, we thought he had HIV/Aids for a while( he still gets tested for that shyt smh), he been stabbed, shot at, pepper sprayed, got into a brawl where his partner broke his leg and all that.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
carl_winslow_in_uniform.jpg

The only one I trust

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
After a certain age, if you hate ALL cops (or any group of people for that matter) you don't rank very high on the critical thinking scale.

I treat em like every other police officer. I know it's unpopular in some circles and they're sellouts or whatever but would we rather have NO representation in law enforcement? They don't always bring our best interests into the PDs but they are (hopefully) more likely to than others.

There are some structural changes that need to go on with the justice system and we would get some more empathetic representation if that went through.

True shyt. These lames in here saying fukk all police are doing it to look cool or they are children with no experience in the real world. They think police are robots without different personalities and they all act and think the same :dead:

The police are more likely to help you than most people around you in the U.S. It takes bravery to be a cop, anytime a cop is out in public in uniform he/she is putting him/herself out there to be blasted by some ignorant bytch like the one I quoted above this post. Some police are pieces of shyt, but it's highly stressful lifestyle which leads these dudes to isolation because they know that the general public has no clue how their shytty shift times and lifestyle of a cop hammers stress into them constantly.

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Simple solution, stop breaking the law. Police of any any kind won't be needed. Bu nah, yall want to do dumbshyt and then cry about racism.

Nikka get your c00n azz outta here with this ...I was just pulled over the other day for just suspicion.....I swear you ole Jesse Lee Patterson nikkas gone make me committ on one of yall before I do this cac.......:camby:

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Man fck all this circle jerkin....these days a black pig is no better than a white one....they all part of the good ole boy network that protect they ass, the only bad thing the black pig got to worry about is when he take off that uniform and he aint black and blue, but just Black....

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I have no problem with cops. :manny:

The problem is the justice system that lets them off for crimes that they would lock you and I up for.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
:pachaha: it be like that sometimes lol. But foreal doe not all cops is dikkheads, some just in the shyt for the money and benefits( my pops). his ugly ass making more than 80k a year after taxes. plus he been through a lot of shyt. a nikka on PCP bit him on the neck, we thought he had HIV/Aids for a while( he still gets tested for that shyt smh), he been stabbed, shot at, pepper sprayed, got into a brawl where his partner broke his leg and all that.

So pops is one of the "it's just a job types" :ohhh: cool.. but I still wonder with guys like him, how many times has he seen one of his partners/coworkers harrassing Black folk, knew they were harassing the person for no other reason than being Black, and didn't say or do anything :lupe:

Does he talk about situations like that? :lupe: What does he say? :lupe:

He's been shot at and stabbed.. surely he's been on the force long enough to have witnessed and ungodly amount of racial profiling and excessive force. What does he do/say, in those instances..