Doctor Who Appreciation Thread

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I was quite surprised that the Racnoss didn't even get a fleeting mention. Scorpions and Spiders are related here on Earth so it's plausible that they would be in Who.

I've no real feeling toward Yaz or Ryan. I reckon Yaz is going to leave or at least seriously consider it by the end of this series. I think it would have been a lot better if it had just been Graham and the Doctor.

Thought Anjli Mohindra was really great as Queen Skithra. A very scenery chewing performance and still leaves her open to a return as Rani at some point in the main show although highly unlikely.

Great to see Robert Glenister as Edison. A lot older than he was the last time he was in the show!

1473695749-glenister-doctor-who.jpg

A new trailer was released the other day as well.

There's was a character on SJA named Rani..... and they didn't do anything with that!? For shame! :mjlol:

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Wow. Holy fukking shyt that was amazing. I can't even process what I just watched!

So much to take in. I guessed a little early but only the main detail. Not the rest.

fukk. I think I'm going to put it on again right now.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
:hubie: okay, Chibnall, fukk it you win. I'll never complain about last season eever .

I'm still going to need this to make sense.

The War Doctor was an unnecessary addition (could have been 8) but the gap between 8 and 9 allowed for exploration. This and the Timeless Child is rewriting or a major fakeout.

Congrats to the season 12 team at being able to hold spoilers down unlike Moffat.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm still going to need this to make sense.

The War Doctor was an unnecessary addition (could have been 8) but the gap between 8 and 9 allowed for exploration. This and the Timeless Child is rewriting or a major fakeout.

Congrats to the season 12 team at being able to hold spoilers down unlike Moffat.

Im still reeling. I don't even know what to type.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I went from thinking "Valeyard"? to just being :mindblown:

In and of itself it would explain

The concept of the Valeyard and off-shoot regenerations.

But the fact it’s the Doctor’s Police Box and not having a sonic screwdriver makes it earlier than 3.

Plus she mentioned 1999 which is when 7 became 8

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:patrice: alright.

1. Ruth Doctor was The Doctor with no sonic. 5th didn't really use one after his first got destroyed, 6th sorta kinda didnt. But 6th would be the only one I can see claiming to be smart enough to not use one. Though that stuff could be irrelevant.

2. Jack could have been using a Gallifreyan ship, which is why it had an active time scoop.

3. Ruth's TARDIS control room was damn near using the default desktop theme.

4. There's no way for any gallifreyan or time lord to not know Gallifrey was destroyed. Gallifrey is time locked. You can't travel to or from it's past or future.

5. I wanna say Jack couldn't locate The Doctor not because of the Judoon force field, but because it wasn't HIS Doctor.... but wouldn't The Sonic pick up that Ruth wasn't the same Doctor? I would think the TARDIS would pitch a fit if an alternate universe Doctor was casually chilling inside her.

6. But at the same time, at least we can say they aren't the same regeneration number. Remember the cloister bell ringing when there were two Capaldis (one in the coffin thingie, one running around that undersea base)

So, uhh.... alternate universe? Maybe MetaCrisis Doctor found a way to regenerate and they're really in Pete's World? But that wouldn't make sense either. Actually it kinda would?

Why would a Pre-Hartnell Doctor even have a Police Box though? Memory wipe?

And if they ARE in another universe, when did it happen!? :mindblown:

what if they're on some Brain of Morbius type shyt (@18:00 - 18:55), where The Doctor had memories of incarnations Pre-Hartnell buried in his mind?

What if it's Looms? :lupe:

tl;dr I have no idea wtf is going on? But at the same time it's cool to have the fandom united in chasing it's collective tails and posting wild theories instead of the usual olympic levels of bytching, moaning and nitpicking.