Doctor Who Appreciation Thread

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
hey guys. Welcome back.

:stopitslime: brehs that was some of the most selfish shyt I ever seen. Imagine you go to jail for some shyt you didn't do, you in there for years, you get out, your "best friends" are like ":scust: we don't want you around, you abandoned us!" Nah, y'all more addicted to the life The Doctor got y'all leading. And how dare being locked up for 10 months take tat away from you. shyt was fukking pathetic.

I've seen..... a LOOOOTTTTT of griping about The Doctor being stuck in jail and not just... escaping. People are REAL QUICK to overlook the fact The Doctor DOES NOT have a good track record with jails and prisons for whatever reason. Never has. Traps? Yeah, don't put The Doctor into a trap of any kind. Jails and Prisons? The Doctor will be stuck in those for years and even decades. I could talk about Jubilee, Colditz, etc, but yeah. Best recent example I can give is... remember Day of the Doctor? THREE Doctors had to come up with a convoluted plan to open an unlocked wooden jail cell door. Prisons are like his kryptonite. River Song? Not so much.

For whatever reason a whole lot of fans forgot the Daleks were erased from human memory. " Fans. :francis:"

4. Yeah, Jack was underused to a degree.

5. Daleks looking like black and red Jordan 3's :whew:

The 13th Doctor manipulating racism to destroy an enemy.... again
Chuck-Taylor-Laughs-Then-Shakes-His-Head.gif

but also note The Doctor killed a living TARDIS to kill a shyt ton of Daleks. I think I said it before, how it's.... sinister that 13th has no qualms about being underhanded and killing shyt and will go on her merry way. She wanna be nice but she's been in the dark too long. Girl a borderline sociopath.

The Donald Trump expy failing upwards.... again. :francis:

Compare the next to last scene to The Doctor's reaction here, you kinda get why 13th reminds me so much of 5th. I'm kinda happy they didn't Audric nobody though.

(I love you Tegan and Nyssa. :mjcry: fukk bytch ass Turlough, though :stopitslime:)

My girl gonna cry like a bytch over that last scene, as corny as it was. She got extremely attached to Grace. I guess she reminds of of her island family. Too bad she tapped out after Spiders in the UK. I hope she picks the show back up. What a horribly dreadful season that was. :mjcry:

.All in all, it was.... a good ep. Not a GREAT ep, but it wasn't bad. At this point, I'm happy with "better than average" Doctor Who.

See y'all when the new season shows up. :salute:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh: my number 2 point would make an interesting story for a showrunner to delve into.

what happened to make The Doctor so psychologically vulnerable to being ... arrested instead of "trapped"?

Hell, juxtapose the Pandorica mini-arc (he was out of that God-Level trap before the next ep even started) with.... when The Master caught him and Martha spent a year trying to break him out.

Jubilee.... 6th and his companion tripped over his own timeline, and he found out
some folks threw him in jail in that timeline. He tried and failed to escape so many times that they cut off his legs and threw his dead companion in the cell with him so he could watch her rot and decay. She was a skeleton by the time "our" 6th" got there. "Their" 6th had gone mad.

Or Colditz, where
7th and Ace wind up in a Nazi Germany concentration camp and they stay there for a year or more, and David Tennant in his first appearance in Doctor Who, is an SS officer who tries to rape Ace. They attempt to escape, but Ace dies and 7th gets shot in the face and dies in a ditch.

He regenerates and becomes an SS officer who.... because of the future tech that Ace has (Sony CD walkman enables the Nazis to take over the world cause of the laser tech), 'invents' time travel to dupe a female officer to go back in time and prevent any of this from happening (she legit develops a phobia of 7th because of stuff like this).

Sounds complicated... but it's a 7th Doctor story. Thanos/Adam Warlock/Doom/Kang/Cable/Moira fukkery with Hickman writing may as well be any 7th Doctor story where he shows up at the end like "thanks for moving that pawn forward 2 squares instead of one! :umad:"

edit: sorry: :mjcry:

Tl;Dr: Why can't the doctor break out of prisons? Must be psychological reasons from his past. A competent writer (Cornell) needs to write about it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
hey guys. Welcome back.

:stopitslime: brehs that was some of the most selfish shyt I ever seen. Imagine you go to jail for some shyt you didn't do, you in there for years, you get out, your "best friends" are like ":scust: we don't want you around, you abandoned us!" Nah, y'all more addicted to the life The Doctor got y'all leading. And how dare being locked up for 10 months take tat away from you. shyt was fukking pathetic.

I've seen..... a LOOOOTTTTT of griping about The Doctor being stuck in jail and not just... escaping. People are REAL QUICK to overlook the fact The Doctor DOES NOT have a good track record with jails and prisons for whatever reason. Never has. Traps? Yeah, don't put The Doctor into a trap of any kind. Jails and Prisons? The Doctor will be stuck in those for years and even decades. I could talk about Jubilee, Colditz, etc, but yeah. Best recent example I can give is... remember Day of the Doctor? THREE Doctors had to come up with a convoluted plan to open an unlocked wooden jail cell door. Prisons are like his kryptonite. River Song? Not so much.

For whatever reason a whole lot of fans forgot the Daleks were erased from human memory. " Fans. :francis:"

4. Yeah, Jack was underused to a degree.

5. Daleks looking like black and red Jordan 3's :whew:

The 13th Doctor manipulating racism to destroy an enemy.... again
Chuck-Taylor-Laughs-Then-Shakes-His-Head.gif

but also note The Doctor killed a living TARDIS to kill a shyt ton of Daleks. I think I said it before, how it's.... sinister that 13th has no qualms about being underhanded and killing shyt and will go on her merry way. She wanna be nice but she's been in the dark too long. Girl a borderline sociopath.

The Donald Trump expy failing upwards.... again. :francis:

Compare the next to last scene to The Doctor's reaction here, you kinda get why 13th reminds me so much of 5th. I'm kinda happy they didn't Audric nobody though.

(I love you Tegan and Nyssa. :mjcry: fukk bytch ass Turlough, though :stopitslime:)

My girl gonna cry like a bytch over that last scene, as corny as it was. She got extremely attached to Grace. I guess she reminds of of her island family. Too bad she tapped out after Spiders in the UK. I hope she picks the show back up. What a horribly dreadful season that was. :mjcry:

.All in all, it was.... a good ep. Not a GREAT ep, but it wasn't bad. At this point, I'm happy with "better than average" Doctor Who.

See y'all when the new season shows up. :salute:

I don't get the fans whining about 13 not escaping from jail. They want her to be all powerful which is dull plus as you said The Doctor has always been pitiful at getting themselves out of prison.

I'm a fan of a more bloodthirsty Doctor. I always roll my eyes when the Doctor is on that "all lives matter!" bullshyt. Some folk deserve to die and sometimes killing is the only solution to a major problem.
So 13 wiping out yet another large swth of Daleks was cool with me. I was a bit taken aback with how cavalier she was about deading the 2nd Tardis though.

I'm loving Chris Noth as this recurring Trump like villain. HE'll probably be President of the United States by the time the new season starts.

Tegan's goodbye was so well done. I have always had a soft spot for the Companions that choose to leave. It always sadder when The Doctor kicks a Companion to the curb but the different reasons that people decide to leave The Doctor are always more interesting to me.
Gonna miss Ryan and Graham though, especially Graham. The little foursome they put together worked nicely. I would be up for a pop in with Ryan and Graham down the line as they are trying to save Earth from some alien threat and The Doctor shows up to help out. Maybe in a future Xmas or New Year special.

I am expecting Jaz's time with The Doctor to end badly though.

A bummer to see Nathan Stewart Jarrett in such a throw away role though. I'm a fan of his from Misfits and Utopia so a more substantive role in The Doctor Who universe would've been cool to see for him.

I agree that the episode was good but not great and I enjoyed seeing Capt. Jack back but felt he could've been used better.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Haven’t seen any mention of the fact that the Doctor sort of said she was going to destroy the void where the Daleks were hiding. The void that separates ours and Pete’s world. Especially after that clunky line from Jack about Rose and how she is trapped there.

No problem with killing loads of Daleks as usual but not the least bit arsed about blowing up a Tardis. And with Gallifrey in ruins you think she would have kept it around for emergencies. Or given it to Jack. His own Tardis that he was growing was probably blown up when Torchwood was.

I always wished that Tegan’s second goodbye had been revisited on screen. It was a great departure in terms of how different it was and I know it was followed up on in the audios but it would be good to have had Baker or McCoys Doctor encounter her.

The show really needs a classic companion appearance again. We missed out on Ace appearing in the SJA so get her on the main show. We’ve had classic Doctors, villains, planets but hardly anything in the way of companions.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
It’s being reported that series 13 is Jodie’s last. Fits with the 3 and out of recent actors in the role. Not confirmed by the BBC yet but if true the next Doctor will be cast soon if not already.

I feel like Whittaker is the Colin Baker of the new era. Let down by poor stories and bad writing. Hopefully she’ll get a proper crack of the whip on BF one day.

Chibnall is staying on unfortunately.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It’s being reported that series 13 is Jodie’s last. Fits with the 3 and out of recent actors in the role. Not confirmed by the BBC yet but if true the next Doctor will be cast soon if not already.

I feel like Whittaker is the Colin Baker of the new era. Let down by poor stories and bad writing. Hopefully she’ll get a proper crack of the whip on BF one day.

yeah, I cringe when fans go in on Jodie's take. It's Chibbs fault for acting like "they're gonna watch anyway"

I mean.... I watched anyway... but that's not the point.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Chibnall's run has been surprisingly underwhelming but some Who fans are acting ridiculous with their vitriol like Moffat hadn't spent 6 seasons introducing universe shattering mysteries that all ended up being complete busts.
Or that Russell T. Davies hadn't overdosed on making Rose into the Ultimate Mary Sue.
There have been lots of shyt TV produced by NuWho since it came back in 2005 and acting like Chibnall producing a couple seasons of meh is some great offense that has destroyed the Who franchise is so overblown.

I would love to see Whittaker's Doctor under a different creator so I'll be bummed to see her go because I have enjoyed her in the role.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
yeah, I cringe when fans go in on Jodie's take. It's Chibbs fault for acting like "they're gonna watch anyway"

I mean.... I watched anyway... but that's not the point.
There is a very vocal section of Who fandom that hate the idea of The Doctor being a woman and were never going to give Whittaker a shot.
Chibnall dropping the ball creatively more often than not just helped them disguise their real reasons for hating.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow

S24 Blu-Ray announcement trailer with Mel. There's always a lot of love put in to these trailers. They've all been great.

I'm still yet to buy any of them though, and they end up going for stupid prices when they sell out which is usually quite quickly.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Looks like Mickey got Me Tooed

The Guardian has spoken to 20 women, all of whom knew Clarke in a professional capacity. They variously accuse him of sexual harassment, unwanted touching or groping, sexually inappropriate behaviour and comments on set, professional misconduct, taking and sharing sexually explicit pictures and videos without consent, and bullying between 2004 and 2019.