Doctor Who Appreciation Thread

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
It's a hell of a read. The Guardian has put up quite a thorough piece on the matter. Eccleston often spoke of a toxic environment on set as being a factor in him leaving although it's really all he has said of it. John Barrowman was known for walking around the set with his cock out as well.

Eccleston's first Big Finish boxset is out in a couple of weeks. Think I'm going to treat myself to the vinyl of it. He done a Q&A recently.

Spoilers wise for next series there still isn't much. But confirmed by set pics are
Sontarans(looking a bit closer to the classic design), Weeping Angels and possibly Zygons. UNIT & Torchwood might also be involved. There is a Captain Jack comic in which I think he goes up against Torchwood which ties into episode 2 of the next series.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow

One big story with a cliffhanger each week. Returning monsters although they didn’t show any of the ones already known to be in it. New recurring character called Vinder as well.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

One big story with a cliffhanger each week. Returning monsters although they didn’t show any of the ones already known to be in it. New recurring character called Vinder as well.

Grey Worm from Game of Thrones is playing Vinder which is cool.

Not sure how I'm going to feel about Dan mainly because I have not really ever enjoyed John Bishop.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Grey Worm from Game of Thrones is playing Vinder which is cool.

Not sure how I'm going to feel about Dan mainly because I have not really ever enjoyed John Bishop.

I'm really looking forward to John Bishop. I've seen him act in a couple of things and thought he was good. Chibnall was asked about any other guest stars.

When asked if he could give any information about what other characters will be introduced, Chibnall remained tight-lipped, while at the same time teasing what fans can expect.

“No, ’cause there’s a lot of them,” he said. “I guess the thing to say is we have a number of amazing guests actors joining us across the series and quite a few of them recur across multiple episodes, which is very unusual for this show, other than that I’m not going to tell you anything about them, to be honest!”

Also the clue word for the series is 'Swarm'.

I'm guessing end of Oct/early Nov for an airdate. They've nearly finished filming and I'm assuming the finale will lead right into the next Dalek special at New Year.

I'm thinking that Vinder is a Gallifreyan/Time Lord/Next Doctor in disguise etc.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Jodie & Chibnall both leaving next year. New Doctor & Showrunner to be announced ‘fairly soon’ according to the BBC.
I'm hoping they go completely outside of the Doctor Who production universe for the new showrunner.
I think it would be interesting to have a totally new voice running things.

My predictions about the new Doctor:

It will be a man
It will be a POC to blunt some of the backlash over the character not being a woman anymore
It will be a young, handsome-ish dude to try and get back the Tumblr fangirl fanbase that the show had when David Tennant and Matt Smith were in the role.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I think it will be a youngish white dude.

I think the show runner will be a woman though. More women and Poc writing staff

Best of both worlds for BBC publicity

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin