Does K.Dot have more Range then Pac?Has he surpassed him?

Has kendrick surpassed tupac

• of course everyone knows this? Oldheads stay gassing up pac kendrick is the One.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • He almost has but not quite.... in time though in time

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • LoL Kdot & Pac don't even belong in the same sentence..... yet.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Pac is the Goat this is the dumbest question I've ever heard.

Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
I just got told Kendrick Lamar has more range then pac.
Youngstas swear we are all oldheads for saying whats obvious.
State your opinion and give reasons why.

IMHO: Kdot doesnt have enough classic albums to compare himsef to pac. Lyrically he can compete and perhaps even surpass in some ways. But when you add up Pacs body of work all of the classic material collaborations etc. Pac is on a mountaintop and Kdot is on a hill. Pac has 4 classic albums & about 500 unreleased songs that are just incredible. His films are classic, his poetry book is dope. Pac made a top 5 diss track of alltime HIt em up.

Kdot has section 80 which is dope his debut album which is a classic... & to pimp a butterfly. Im not the biggest fan of the Damn album but you can argue that he has 2 classic albums. Maybe someone else can argue for more.Kendricks best battle rap is his Control Verse.... I'm a let a kendrick fan speak on how great that verse is to them to ME. Its a nice verse I never care to hear it again. I think kendrick is definitely the best rapper of this generation. But he isn't touching the top 10 YET.

vote and speak your opinion.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Nah.

And S80 has like one fukking song on it that I actually like to listen to.

As for "range" what is exactly meant by that? I mean he's obviously coming along decades after the fact he should have some sort of advantage, but I still don't think there is an MC that has music for every type of mood/emotion/situation. And Kendrick is dope, I don't wanna come off like I'm hating but his reputation as a lyricist is overblown. You could say he has more patterns or something but the actual lyrics? They ain't nowhere near as potent. He ain't even the best lyricist on his own label.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Nah.

And S80 has like one fukking song on it that I actually like to listen to.

As for "range" what is exactly meant by that? I mean he's obviously coming along decades after the fact he should have some sort of advantage, but I still don't think there is an MC that has music for every type of mood/emotion/situation. And Kendrick is dope, I don't wanna come off like I'm hating but his reputation as a lyricist is overblown. You could say he has more patterns or something but the actual lyrics? They ain't nowhere near as potent. He ain't even the best lyricist on his own label.

Range y your own definition of what range.
has he made better music has he surpassed pac with content?
Is his live jazz album groundbreaking... Youngstas think he has and pacs washed up.

ps please vote.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Nah, he has the potential to come close though.

He has an ILL discography but he's on album 4, by this time Pac had done Me Against the World and AYOM - Kendrick has dropped amazing albums but I wouldn't rank them up there yet.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Range y your own definition of what range.
has he made better music has he surpassed pac with content?
Is his live jazz album groundbreaking... Youngstas think he has and pacs washed up.

ps please vote.

I voted the last option though I wouldn't call it a stupid question.

Kendrick's biggest strength, if he's really doing what they say he's doing on the boards is his musicality. But to me that kind of goes beyond what/who he is as an MC and how he should be ranked among MC's.

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
hell no he does not have more range then pac not imo kendrick got could not make club bangers street shyt political introspective etc like pac
and make it sound good as well