Does the world really need a new iPhone every year?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
it's fine that they drop every year. most phone contracts are two years anyway. ppl's problem is that ppl can't NOT have the next thing for another year.

the problem is the consumer, not the supplier.
The problem lies with both. The supplier drives the consumer action. The consumer falls for the supplier lures.

The Minister Of Culture

kickin incredibly dope shyt
Supporter
Daps
:francis:

this ain't 2008 bruh, in 2017, who the fukk is using an iphone as a status symbol? and even worse, who is looking at these ppl as having some kind of "status".

just stop.

iPhones ain't special like that.

clearly you don't go on IG much that Iphone is a status symbol to certain people

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
clearly you don't go on IG much that Iphone is a status symbol to certain people
:ehh:
you're right, I don't. I got better things to do then watch ppl fake stuntin', actin' like what they doin is some kinda next level shyt.

but IG, AIN'T the real world....and THAT is where I stay at. and in the real world, iPhones ain't nothing special, shiiet, in 2017 anyone thinking that any smart phone is something special is a chump.

The Minister Of Culture

kickin incredibly dope shyt
Supporter
Daps
:ehh:
you're right, I don't. I got better things to do then watch ppl fake stuntin', actin' like what they doin is some kinda next level shyt.

but IG, AIN'T the real world....and THAT is where I stay at. and in the real world, iPhones ain't nothing special, shiiet, in 2017 anyone thinking that any smart phone is something special is a chump.

true, however I will say to the younger generation IG/social media and what goes on in it is unfortunately becoming the real world to them so if you aint got the iphone & benz combination you aint shyt to a good majority of them

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:manny:

I ain't fallin for it, I don't need to get a new phone every year, I'm good. ppl need to really check themselves.
Youre right. I also feel that the sellers should not blatantly take advantage of consumer boredom. It is what it is

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Youre right. I also feel that the sellers should not blatantly take advantage of consumer boredom. It is what it is
I can't fault a business for trying to maximize profits. I mean EVERY business's goal is to make money.

I mean, I ain't faulting mcdonald's for making ppl fat either. ppl need some personal responsibility and to throw that on to a corporation is lazy and weak as fukk.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I can't fault a business for trying to maximize profits. I mean EVERY business's goal is to make money.

I mean, I ain't faulting mcdonald's for making ppl fat either. ppl need some personal responsibility and to throw that on to a corporation is lazy and weak as fukk.
"Corporations are people too "
They don't get off Scott free. They carefully create conditions in which people are socialized to consume.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
"Corporations are people too "
They don't get off Scott free. They carefully create conditions in which people are socialized to consume.
don't get me wrong, I have NO love for these corporations and I don't think they should be getting special breaks. But I don't feel like they are some evil conglomerate because they want to release new phones every year to make profit.

I mean, are we gonna start shytting on car companies because they make small incremental changes each year as well?

shyt, we could be shytting on products and companies all the time if that was the case.

consumers need some personal responsibility too. :manny: