Does the world really need a new iPhone every year?

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No. But it's not gonna stop people from buying the newest model every year, so I can't fault apple for releasing a new one every year. I plan on keeping my 64gb 6S until it doesn't work anymore. $45 bill from Verizon for unlimited talk/text/data :eat:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
What a coincidence. How did your phone break?

Well we got Wooden tile floors in my home, phone fell once, screen was hanging out, fell twice the screen popped back into place, but the screen slightly cracked, the third time it fell pieces fell off, screen crack is more chaotic. The 4th time i forgot i had it resting in my lap

I stood up and it slid across the room, pressed the Home Button and that was the end of it, no visuals. :francis:

I think the lights on the inside of the iPhone that shows the on screen interface finally broke lol

Had it for 2 years and probably 4 months to be exact

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Think about it like this. Every year there are people upgrading their phones. Shouldn't there be a new product for them? People usually upgrade every 2 years or so. From that perspective you'd want to have a new phone ready for them.

If you feel the need to upgrade your phone every year just because they put out a new product that's on you. I say this as a person that buys 3 phones outright every year. I buy the Galaxy S then the Galaxy Note and then the iPhone and have done so the past 2 years.

Year to year not much changes though. From the iPhone 6 to 6S to 7 it was damn near the same phone and I wasted my money but I'm a tech head and I have to have the latest. The iPhone 8 is also looking like damn near the same phone.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
To answer your question? = YES

Do you need to buy one every year? = NO

Anyone who buys a phone every year then complains about marginal upgrades/updates are idiots.

Plus you cant even get 100% full usage of a phone in a year.

But if you get a new phone ever other or ever 3 years, it will trump your expectations.

I hear cats that had an iPhone 6.5 plus mad at the iPhone 7.

Hell I just went from an 16Gig iPhone 5 to a 256 Gig iPhone 7 Plus and have NO complaints and this shyt is MAJOR in terms as far as the differences

Martha

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
TBH we only really need to switch up our phones after like 3 years.
I keep a 10,000mah battery pack on me no matter where I go and that's been a cotdamn lifesaver.
My S6 Edge works completely fine, camera, screen, all that shyt is still same as day 1, save for the terrible fukking battery life :trillbunb:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I wouldn't associate Apple's yearly iPhone releases with planned obsolescence.

Apple actually does a great job of supporting older units with software updates. Hell, I'm typing this on an old ass iPhone 5c, updated with the latest iOS release.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Think about it like this. Every year there are people upgrading their phones. Shouldn't there be a new product for them? People usually upgrade every 2 years or so. From that perspective you'd want to have a new phone ready for them.

If you feel the need to upgrade your phone every year just because they put out a new product that's on you. I say this as a person that buys 3 phones outright every year. I buy the Galaxy S then the Galaxy Note and then the iPhone and have done so the past 2 years.

Year to year not much changes though. From the iPhone 6 to 6S to 7 it was damn near the same phone and I wasted my money but I'm a tech head and I have to have the latest. The iPhone 8 is also looking like damn near the same phone.
Breh, that s upgrade was greatly needed for the iPhone 6 plus. That phone performance sucked ass. It was smooth of course, but switch back and forth between a few apps and the shyt was always reloading shyt..1gb of ram for a 1080p phone lol

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
To answer your question? = YES

Do you need to buy one every year? = NO

Anyone who buys a phone every year then complains about marginal upgrades/updates are idiots.

Plus you cant even get 100% full usage of a phone in a year.

But if you get a new phone ever other or ever 3 years, it will trump your expectations.

I hear cats that had an iPhone 6.5 plus mad at the iPhone 7.

Hell I just went from an 16Gig iPhone 5 to a 256 Gig iPhone 7 Plus and have NO complaints and this shyt is MAJOR in terms as far as the differences

Martha
I agree with this. In light of this point, ill agree with @Pink_Freud most of the blame from over consumption lies with the consumer.
My bad for the double post

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Just copped an iphone 6s plus today to replace my aging motoG (1stgen)

I purposely stay two years behind and cop old dope phones for cheap

Could have gotten the note 8 but Samsung phones look tacky as fukk to me

Last phone I copped for 100s at launch was the HTC HD2 but that phone was the GOAT windows mobile/android hybrid removable battery, 32gb removable storage and a 4.3 inch screen in 2009
shyt was WELL worth the money I had that shyt as my main phone for like 5 years!